Mods/Adventure Request/Idea thread

+
Fiskrens said:
If anyone could make a mod that removes the cutscenes and irritating dialog you have to wade through every time you want to travel to swamp in ch. 2/Island ch. 4, I'd pay a number of (virtual) beers and some oren ;). I found them atmospheric the first times, but even during my first playthrough they got boring!
You can hit Escape to cancel the cutscenes.

i know people have created model export/import tools. i wonder if anyone can create the sergeant from white wolf tech demo?maybe use the short city guard model as a template?
thank you.

Has Anyone made Massive Sign Editions ?? Changing them completely, smt like FCR mod, but in all Signs !!

No, because it's not a place for modders invention. The Witcher is based on books. You can't completely change the signs without making it completely "unwitcherish".

well, what i meant, was the function, same concept but different function . . . it can be range and damage change . . . or maybe better animation. like the heliotrop you came up with. and besides, the CdProject themselves didnt follow the book 100% they changed what ever they saw fit. just some better and more suitable animations maybe . ..

Corylea said:
This is how modders are born. Welcome to the club! :wave:
tx, well . . . are there any people out there still interested in playing the mod ?? i see the forum a bit dead.

Mvc9 said:
[are there any people out there still interested in playing the mod ?? i see the forum a bit dead.
If you look at the number of time a thread is read, rather than the number of responses, that'll give you a better idea of how much interest there is in a thread -- most people read but don't say anything.(And before someone else says it -- yes, and there are also those of us who talk far too much. :D)

I m kinda new to modding on the Djinni Toolkit and only have a basic grasp of the more complicated functions but while messing around in the editor with the cavern type areas I thought that it would be pretty interesting to make a mod based around the movie The Decsent. I'm considering starting a serious production team to work on a Decsent survival horror/rpg mod. Most of the animations, areas, and objects, etc, are already in the game, the only real stumbling block is the need to make a new skin for Geralt. I was also thinking of making a re-skinned pickaxe as a starting weapon and using the effects editor to make a glow stick and a flare out of the torch. I think that by re-texturing the drowner a bit you could make some pretty creepy encounters. Tell me what you guys think, is it worth making?

kaihodgson said:
[...] Tell me what you guys think, is it worth making?
Depends on what you're expecting from it. :)If you're expecting "glory and honor" I would say: no!If you want to improve your modding skills in general I would say: yes, try it.I myself tried some witcher modelling some months ago and except from Michael DarkAngel and Hexenmeister Raventhere was not very much support from the rest of the community.So don't expect too much.Happy modding anyway,shak-otay

Hi I dont know it this is the place for this but i cant find another topic to post it. I was wondering if anyone could upload or post the uncompiled attribute files for the enhanced edition. i cant seem to find a decompiler that works for 1.5. I tried to dl luadec 0.6 but i cant even get it to run :-[. also i cant find the proper file to unbif to get to the scripts in the first place. This sdk is hard to use for those of us who are used to the nwn2 and tes construction sets. Heck its even harder to use than the one for DAO. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Modding DAO, NWN2 and Bethesda games is a piece of cake comparing to The Witcher. Here are script sources: http://www.moddb.com/games/the-witcher/downloads/lua-nss-scripts

I have a story idea for a new mod if anyone's interested. I won't be doing any modding since I don't know anything about it nor do I have time which is much needed.
At some point in game Alvin teleports away and is lost forever as we already know. It's speculated that he teleported into past and became Aldersberg later. I'm a fan of Fable: The Lost Chapters game. So, I thought accepting Alvin is Jacques maybe a mod can be made about Alvin's unknown life. In which Alvin teleports to past and adopted by the founder of the Order of the White Rose who taught him the art of sword combat and magic. And the other things till he becomes the Grandmaster of the new Order. There are some difficulties here. We have a child model being Alvin himself but afaik there is no teenager model in the game for an adolescent Alvin which maybe needed. And there is also the possibility that my idea/story is rather cheesy. Anyway if someone decides to do it, I would play it and maybe help on story if needed.
Thanks.

E-ahmet, i can't read what you wrote in spoiler tags. I see only a few lines and not the whole text. If you like, please make another post with your suggestion in parts. Thank you.

e-ahmet said:
I have a story idea for a new mod if anyone's interested. I won't be doing any modding since I don't know anything about it nor do I have time which is much needed.
At some point in game Alvin teleports away and is lost forever as we already know. It's speculated that he teleported into past and became Aldersberg later. I'm a fan of Fable: The Lost Chapters game. So, I thought accepting Alvin is Jacques maybe a mod can be made about Alvin's unknown life. In which Alvin teleports to past and adopted by the founder of the Order of the White Rose who taught him the art of sword combat and magic. And the other things till he becomes the Grandmaster of the new Order. There are some difficulties here. We have a child model being Alvin himself but afaik there is no teenager model in the game for an adolescent Alvin which maybe needed. And there is also the possibility that my idea/story is rather cheesy. Anyway if someone decides to do it, I would play it and maybe help on story if needed.
Thanks.
@CassandraClick on Reply and quote e-ahmet for reading the spoiler things. I think CDP is going to fix this too.@e-ahmetYou idea is absolutly awesome and worthy. It could a bit an "unusual" adventure for sure! :D

Thanks for the support. I'm sorry I couldn't fix it since I'm away home and couldn't find the time and place to go on the web that much. Actually I had already reported that bug to our new community leader. I hope they'll get rid of those soon.

Pet mod?I always found Geralt being alone a bit annoying at times. Would it be possible to add a pet of some type?

morgwin said:
Pet mod?I always found Geralt being alone a bit annoying at times. Would it be possible to add a pet of some type?
It might be possible, but it doesn't seem very Geraltic to have a pet trailing him. I agree that it's kind of sad that Geralt is so alone, but that seems to be an essential part of being a witcher. And given that Geralt is a professional monster slayer, any pet of his would have to either be VERY tough or would be in serious danger. You want a nice little doggy taking on the Koshchey? I dunno. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but it seems like it would be hard to make this fit into the game's world.

Top Bottom