MODs for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Hey Everyone!

We’ve been seeing more and more MODs for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game and with it we’ve also received a lot of questions with regards to our approach to the subject. So here are some basic rules to follow -- MODs must follow rules which can be found both in the Fan Content Guidelines and in the CD PROJEKT RED User Agreement , which means that:
  1. We don’t allow any MODs which endanger our ratings (ESRB, PEGI etc.) - meaning uncensored art, sexual depiction of GWENT characters, gore and disturbing horror/fear themes are not allowed.
  2. If you create a MOD it needs to be created for non-commercial purposes meaning you cannot monetize them in any way
  3. You cannot use 3rd party assets or art without proper consent from the fanarts’ creators (example: card backs), since they infringe upon 3rd parties’ copyrights
  4. When uploading MODs, do not create any kind of impression that we are your official partner, co-author of your MODs or that we assume any responsibility for the MODs.
We appreciate your dedication and interest in MODing GWENT: The Witcher Card Game!

In case of further questions feel free to reach out!

Thanks!
Burza

DRK3

Forum veteran
I know these mods are more focused on visual aspects, but now a mod for a blitz (Seasonal of Draconid) mode, now THAT would be a welcome mod :shrug:

Guest 4368268

Mods for Gwent ?

Where ?
Someone posted them on Reddit. A bunch of those threads have been removed now as the mods broke the ToS (nudity)

Anyway, the statement and clarity on the subject is appreciated. It's disappointing the spread of these mods will have to go down more secretively, but it's understandable given the course CDPR has taken Gwent. A course that I understand in terms of monetization, but doesn't make sense since when Homecoming was announced they said it would make Gwent 'darker, like the Witcher universe'

Well they could just release that blitz mode as an option for unranked matches and replace the Draconid Seasonal mode with the infamous Dragon Drop* Mode (whenever you play a Card Spawn a Random Dragon on you're side of the Board)

*whenever they talk about Drag and Drop in their Dev Streams it sounds like they are saying Dragon Drop.

OT
I'm kind of surprised that they even allow some kind of Mods in a competitive Multiplayer Game so it would be theoretically possible to use a mod that brings back the Premiums before the Downgrad as long as they follow the Rules ( no Ves Boobs:cry:) ?

Last edited:
Hello, I have read the user agreement and I don’t understand. May I make fan content as in-game modification?
May I change graphics in the game, character models to create fan content?
For example, I drew a character and I want to see how it will look in the game, for this I replaced the existing character card (graphics and models). Or, for example, I replaced the image with another. Can I use such modifications to create a fan content? Are such modifications is misuse?
I would like to see the opinion of CD Projekt Red team members.

Top Bottom