Mods in Cyberpunk 2077?

+

Yes or no to mod-support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A main reason I'm still or will generally be in favor of it is that already complex or "free form" (such as RPGs with more options than a linear shooter for example) games become even more complex or vast in their own way, from little details to game play or graphical overhauls and new content.

It in essence allows the user base to further tweak and customize and the more it can do this thanks to dev support and solid tools, the merrier or better the options and results. On an abstract level, the user base gets happier as they can further tailor the game to their needs while everything remains optional and free. In turn thanks to paid DLCs, the general modding community benefits from new content the can then incorporate, as has often been the case.

I can hardly find reasons against good modding and modding tools from a consumer perspective.

The only or actual hard downside is: Good modding tools or the good foundation for modding have to usually come from the developer. And that's the issue: Time and money constraints plus priorities. I think we could all throw our hands up in the air, company and consumer, and yell "Hooray (extensive) modding!" in unison but someone has to lay that foundation and with other things to do it'll be on the backburner or maybe not ever be as finalized or added like we know from some other games.

My ultimate dream, if not for this game then the next CP game or so in the series, a strong empowering modding tool akin to the TES/Fallout creation kits that Bethesda made - or any similar comparable modding tool that allows you to tweak many parts of the game - so that we get to see all these various kinds of mods we for example know from Skyrim, Fallout, etc. Opposed to 'weaker' modding like simple texture replacers or so.

That is my personal dream for this or later CP games down the line and I hope it will later become a possibility if devs can free up the time, resources and need. A plus on this investment is likely more sales and longer "shelf life", especially if the game isn't just generally "okay" like some TES/FO games who're then made actually interesting thanks to modding, but if the base game is already splendid and then basically launched into space further by solid modding and community effort.

So that's my renwed plea to consider solid modding and modding tool options down the line. Not until release, not some time after, but perhaps eventually - if not for this game, then the next. The general community will be thankful, I reckon.

Mods?
Made RockStar great. They've ruined it....
Made Bethesda great. They've ruined it...
Made GSC (STALKERs) great. They've embraced it. Legend made.

Next is CyberPunk. Allow it for SinglePlayer.

it hasnt been confirmed yes but has definitely been hinted at being a possibility down the road like maybe around time multiplayer might happen
I know, but it doesn't change anything. It might happen, it might not; anything more is pure speculation.

If your game have any interaction with other players (co-op, PvP, free mode), no. I had my fill when I've been playing Dying Light PvP mode and 1 out of 3 games I was meeting some modder bastard. Changed values, crashing the opponent's game, by spawning items that don't exist in the original game, etc. Restrict modding to Single Player, and I'll be good with modding.

yes
gasp, like is that a thread, did it now receive any comments yet?
The Witcher3 is barely getting a quest editor from the community today, 5 years after launch.
This focus, mentioned by CDPR already, is not for current crunch time obviously, but any news would be great.

Top Bottom