Mods in Cyberpunk 2077?

+

Yes or no to mod-support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With all the adult themes and sexy stuff, I would love to see how creative the pervy mods get. Look at what has been done with Skyrim. The exotics, hybrid, and furry-esque themes in 2020 could be an absolute godsend to certain people if translated well in 2077. I don't expect to see much hardcore character customization in that regard when it's ready.

i guess...?

I'm not into furry-esque things or mascot love, but the lore in 2020 provides an outlet for it. As soon as people who are into other-kin things hear about the depth of character customization or a mod existing in 2077 that allows them to actually not look like a mascot, I'm pretty sure they would latch onto it...

I'd love to see mod support someday, but I think that should be near the end of their development cycle if they want to go that route. Let people enjoy the game for a few years as intended, then down the road allow for more enjoyment (and also financial legs) for the game by allowing creative outside people to let the game have an even longer shelf life (*and sales of course!). Certainly Skyrim for example could never have released so many editions of the game year after year and still have some financial legs out there eight years later if not for good modding support.

I believe a game like this holds a lot of potential for modding and I feel like modding can help tailor the game to peoples liking and help make it way more popular. One mod I am sure would help get a lot of people into the game would be a third person mod and if Modding support was to be added to CP2077 it would make it a timeless.

Attachments

• topLogo_v2.png
    topLogo_v2.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 153
Err.. The Witcher 3 also didn't have mod support in development.. or release. The key words there are "for now". These kind of statements are usually conservative and don't commit on things the PR team has no power over i.e. nothings changed since their last statement on the issue ~ 1-2 months ago. Focus on making the game the best it can be, then, since it's a often requested feature, and previous games had it.. well.. take a guess.

Last edited:
Wow...

CDPR is hitting hard these last few days.
Can you please elaborate? What else has happened recently? Thanks.

I'm a bit dumbfounded why CDPR would not try to offer some form of modding for Cyberpunk 2077. No mod support at all is a big letdown. Even the basic modding capabilities/kit that TW3 received while not the full fledged Redkit many wanted was better than nothing and the modding community have come up with some great mods when you consider the limitations and restrictions they have to work around.

I really hope CDPR change their minds and/or are able to offer at least the basic modding that TW3 had :(

Last edited:
I wanted to elaborate on this topic and on that answer in particular. We have no plans to share at the moment. Obviously, we would love to support the modding community in the future, but for the time being we want to focus on releasing the game first. Hopefully, this clears things up a bit.

They've already said repeatedly on discord and here that they wont start thinking about mods until after the game is fully created to see what they have. Which means no plans for mod support for now.

Will they decide later once the whole thing is up and running to post release add mod support? Maybe. But they can't and won't promise anything until post release I'm sure. They got burned in TW3 by saying there would be more mod support than they ended up being able to deliver. Better to say no, and if it turns out they can, it's a nice surprise.

Having said that, I wouldn't expect mods personally unless and until CDPR says mods will be supported.

EDIT: ... and ninjaed by Marcin.

I wanted to elaborate on this topic and on that answer in particular. We have no plans we can share at the moment. Obviously, we would love to support the modding community in the future, but for the time being we want to focus on releasing the game first. Hopefully, this clears things up a bit.

Thank you for the clarification Marcin. It's completely understandable that getting the game finished and released is top priority. I do hope the team are able to offer the basic modding capability we received for Witcher 3, I'll take that over nothing at all.

TW3 has some great mods that have helped expand the game and extend its longevity. With Cyberpunk 2077 we could see some amazing work from the modding community.

P.S. - Give some love and positivity to the team! I cannot wait for E3, looking forward to all things Cyberpunk 2077! Take care and all the best!

ok, so ... no new news.

Thread title almost gave me heart attack.
We're still at "no plans ... for now".

Mods: Could we please have a rule where the word "Official" isn't allowed in a thread title unless the thread is authored by a Mod, or an actual F'realz Official member of CDPR? :)

I wanted to elaborate on this topic and on that answer in particular. We have no plans to share at the moment. Obviously, we would love to support the modding community in the future, but for the time being we want to focus on releasing the game first. Hopefully, this clears things up a bit.

I'm just here to say thank you for the concern about the community. All your steps, when given proper explanation, just feel right and it is something to be really apprecitated in these times and it's one of the reasons why I actually decided to invest in some of your stocks back then...Godspeed

Can you please elaborate? What else has happened recently? Thanks.

I think it's better if you check for yourself. There's a thread called "Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019". If you are eager to see what's new in CP2077 on this E3, you might get a little disappointed.

I think it's better if you check for yourself. There's a thread called "Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019". If you are eager to see what's new in CP2077 on this E3, you might get a little disappointed.
Funny you mention that, I literally just finished reading that thread. I am really hoping that's not how CDPR are planning on doing things. Either there's some kind of misunderstanding here and we're in the dark or they're handling this in a way I was not expecting.

Especially after "This E3 is the most important one yet" to paraphrase combined with the obvious expectations of new info, new trailer and potentially another demo with who knows what else they could have planned.

As it stands taking those comments at face value it's not looking good. I really hope this is not the case and that the actual fans of CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077 who are super hyped for the game don't get the back seat treatment.

While it's perfectly understandable that they go for conservative replies in terms of something big as modding at this time, with the game not being finished or out yet, it would eventually be a big letdown (in terms of hopes and some expectations) to not see any notable modding support at all.

Yes, it would cost time, dedication, money, resources but would allow the community to get the most out of it. It would be the thing or talk for years, akin to the very mod friendly TES or recent FO games.

Some bad tongues claim those games were okay-ish or decent by default and that modding made them great. If so, imagine how an already well crafted game could be enhanced by modding.

(More extensive) Modding is also my hope for police related opportunities and content that does/did not make it into the game.

Just, uh, strongly think about it once you have the main release or first DLC off your shoulders, pretty please? :oops::sad:

Top Bottom