Moments when this game gave you "The Feels"

+
Moments when this game gave you "The Feels"

So this is SUPER Spoiler Territory, might want to preface your spoilers a bit even but...

What moments in the game did you get a major case of "The Feels" (very emotional feelings :p), these can be scripted or unscripted.

For me a couple stand out in Act I.

In Velen in the Bog:

When you realize with horror what most likely occurred to those orphans

In Novigrad:

Right after burning down the witch hunter headquarters overhearing a small child say happily "My da is a witch hunter"

What about you?

Priscilla's song
Reuniting with Ciri
Ciri back to Kaer Morhen
Vesemir's death
After killing Imlerith, just sitting on the ledge with Ciri, admiring the scenery
Giving Ciri her real witcher sword, after I thought she was gone forever

Finding Ciri in that hut. Geralt and her speaking with each other at the fireplace right after. Them arriving in Kaer Morhen.
And the whole Ladies of the Wood questline.

Priscilla's song,reuniting with Ciri and Yennefer,Vesemir's death,the whole Last Wish quest,the ending with Ciri as an Empress.

Priscilla's song
Finding Ciri on the Isle of Mist
Yennefer screaming "Ciiiiiiriiiiii" at Kaer Morhen
Vesemir's death
Seeing Ciri in the tavern after thinking she is dead

For me the most emotional moment was
seeing Síle tortured and then killing her because she asked me to allow her to die with dignity.

Asking Dudu to take Ciri's shape and re-uniting with Ciri. The latter was like, the most emotional scene in a video game, ever.

Last edited:
Haha this is my kind of thread ... Im currently uploading moments which "gave me the feels" on youtube" ^^

Added some in the spoiler tag ;) if you want to watch them
[video=youtube;PIlHOt9-b74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIlHOt9-b74[/video]

Last edited:
At the very end when Ciri lied to herself saying "We don't have to say goodbye? :(" And I was all like "Yeah.. We do.. I made my choice a long time ago". That was like a punch in the gut.

Geralt face when he take money from Emhyr, and whole scene with looks betwen Geralt and Ciri, he dont say anything, but his face was like what the fuck did i just did

The "Ciri dies and Geralt suicides into Crookbag Bog" ending was quite hard on me even though I didn't get it myself. Apart from that, pretty much every major interaction with Geralt and Ciri.

The "Ciri becomes empress of Nilfgaard" ending was the one I got and it was extremely bittersweet. Listening to Geralt making plans and having Ciri just go "Uh huh." had me go "WHAT IS HAPPENING? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING? FFS, TELL ME!" multiple times and I just couldn't tell her that we did in fact have to say 'Goodbye'.

Edit: "What do you know about saving the world, silly? You're but a witcher." with her sounding as if she has made her peace with sacrificing herself... *sigh*

For me, Priscilla's song, Dudu assuming Ciri's form, finding Ciri, return at Kaer, Vesemir's death, Geralt saying he loves Yen and giving Ciri's her Witcher sword.

Heck, even the slideshows.

The FEELS.

Resolution of baron's quest.

Priscilla's song and later discovering her fate.

Triss sorry life when you met her, kiss with fireworks in the background and especially when she returns from the docks.

Yen's last wish and them watching the sky atop the mountains together.

Finding Ciri in the hut, I mean, I knew she wasn't gonna die, but still, SO nicely done.

The reunion between Geralt and Ciri was surprisingly tasteful and understated. Very good execution for a scene that is very tricky to pull off. Usually I hate the fake-death trope, but it was appropriate and well done in this scene. Very much liked the fact that the scene has no sound effects. It felt more like a scene from a David Fincher film than a video game. Geralt turning away from the corpse of Ciri, head in his hands and we know he is biologically incapable of weeping. Great scene, and then the flashback to when Ciri and Geralt first meet in Brokilon WAY back before the games and before the novels. Good stuff. Definitely one of the highlights of the game.

the end of training sequence dream & talking to vesimir about the dream
finding ciri in isle of mists
bad ending - going to kill the last crone
FINDING OUT THAT KALKSTIEN DIED(sob sob i really liked that bumbling bastid in W1)
yen asking geralt to leave everything and go away with her
vesimir's death

For me the most emotional moment was
seeing Síle tortured and then killing her because she asked me to allow her to die with dignity.
Seconding this. It came completely out of the blue and gave me that terrible feeling in my stomach.

Top Bottom