Moments when this game gave you "The Feels"

+
It's kinda pointless, if we agree to talk about the whole game and still put spoiler tags on some things.

Anyway, i don't just want to list the things, which gave me feels or chills, but also things, which didn't give me ones, although i thought they would + a little explanation.

In no particular order, but i will marked my top3.

Killing someone indirectly with a really minor side quest.
That was nothing new, but still a weird feeling, especially since i could have saved him easily.
First time playing Ciri.
I had literally goosebumps the first time, but only the first time.
Finding the first location by accident, where i played Ciri the first time.
That was the only time i had the feeling to be after her, most of the time i was just running after a ghost without seeing any results.
The second meeting with Yennefer.
Interesting enough it was much more pleasant than the first meeting, i reacted rather neutral to the first one. Maybe too many people were looking at us ;)
Encountering Triss
It was strange, the whole time i had the feeling to hurt her just by being present. Anybody else noticed that she wears her earrings, if you give her the lost second one? Nice touch.
Baron Quest didn't.
Maybe i heard/read too much of it in beforehand, so it didn't have the same impact on me anymore as i was already expecting the worst. Maybe George RR Martin trained me too well for that.
Priscilla's song
Easily top3. I didn't expect that in any case and hit me like a truck.
Dudu morphing in Ciri
I thought it would be nice to see her in real person, but it felt so wrong afterwards.
Burning pyres
Maybe the presentation didn't get me, but i was rather unimpressed by it and i really like the society of the sorcerers, hmm.
The general situation of the sorcerers
I really like them, but there was so few content about them and so few options to change anything that i couldn't get into it.
The Lodge
Seeing the members of the Lodge was pleasant though, especially Philippa and Fringilla, even though i hoped to talk with them more.
The War
Well, there was none, so i can't get feels by something that wasn't going on anymore.
Radovid
Too bad he was shown as an insane maniac, but i kinda felt good, when Philippa got her revenge and for any sorcerer out there.
The Last Wish
While its right to exist is disputable, i still loved the conclusion with the right answer, also top3.
Vesemir
When he died, i instantly searched the web, whether i made something wrong, just to realize that it is inevitable, that hurt like shit.
Sheala/Shile De Tancarville
After saving her life in TW2, it almost felt wrong to kill her, but leaving her to die would have been worse.
Finally finding Ciri in the hut
I already heard that Ciri can die, but not how and when, so when the dwarves told me that she is ice cold, ugh...
Bringin Ciri back home
fuzzy warm feeling
Doing shit with Ciri and/or Yennefer together
more fuzzy warm feelings
Yennefer asking me to put everything behind
I already hoped that there can be a happy end for them, but it was still really nice to see that both will turn their back on all the shit they had to live through, leaving everything behind and letting Ciri go her own way. Ciri can visit them any time anyway, probably it would be best to knock than crashing the house ;)
The ending and Ciri's sacrifice
I wasn't sure what ending i will get, as i avoided anything related to the endings like the plague on the web, but when i told her "to not do this to me" and she goes anyway through the portal, because she has to....almost realizing instantly after the flashbacks that she is gone for good, i was quite devastated. Then the long ride, the talk with Emhyr, telling him that his daughter is dead, sooo damn long and all the sad feelings turned upside-down, when i saw the new silversword. Also top3

I probably forget some moments, that can happen after 80 hrs, but all in all i would say that the characters had the biggest influence on me, especially Ciri and Yennefer. Knowing the books and finally seeing them is probably the biggest factor here :)

So i can only recommend everybody to read the books, the games will have so much more to offer then.

Edit:
When i finished the game and was placed in an empty Kaer Morhen
THAT was harsh.

Last edited:
The moment Philippa had her revenge and killed Radovid.

I cheered for her.

Ciri and Geralt reuniting, of course.

Ciri and Yennefer hugging after seeing each other again. I love them so much.

The Family Matters quest.

More to come!

- When the Baron embraced the botchling that was his daughter and said the words that would turn it into a ... (forgot what it's called, the protector of his family)

- What happened to the wraith in the Towerful of Mice.

- Dudu turning into Ciri and seeing Geralt's expression and how Zoltan apologized for suggesting that in the first place.

- Geralt and Ciri's reunion scene.

- Priscilla's song. I've read the book that contains the lyric before I got to that scene and when it clicked to me I was like oooooh niceee.

- Basically Triss in A Matter of Life and Death and Now or Never.

- Ciri's empress ending. Or all the endings, haven't seen the others though.

The first really sad moment was rejecting drunk Triss.. this felt so real :(
Arrival at Ard Skellig, the music! and the sea funeral..
Drinking with the other witchers at Kaer Morhen.
The reunion with "dead" Ciri was so heartwretching, healing Avallac'h with the witcher mutagens, and the death of beloved Vesimir, his funeral.. just wow!
Finding Sile, and then releasing her from pain with a quick death, this came out of nowhere and left a really bad feeling behind.
Reading the books of the dead people in the world Geralt went to on his trip to Tir ná Lia..

And then, the last hour of the main quest was so incredible tragic, seeing Ciri going into that damn portal: "Ciri... please don't do this to me"

Well, the epilog of course (I'm happy that I got a good ending)

Don't look at this if you didn't play through the epilog!!!!
I never saw such realistic emotion in any video game, you did a great job at that CDProject Red!

Priscilla's song
Killing Whoreson Junior
The whole Kaer mohren battle,and especially Vesemir's death
Letting Triss go in "now or never" mission
"Last wish"
Crach dies and Eredin boss fight

And now my top 6:
6)Dudu impersonating Ciri
5)Imlerith and Crones boss fight
4)Finding out that i "killed" the orphans
3)My ending:Ciri witcher
2)Finding Ciri
1)The other two endings i saw on YT.Especially the one where ciri dies/goes missing and Geralt just suicides...So depressing

Last edited:
Not quiet "The Feels" moment, but I really liked Ciri and The Lodge aka Philippa Eilhart meeting. In the book they wanted to use Ciri in just like a breeding cow for some prince, didn't want to let her see Geralt (Although Philippa foreseen/sensed that Ciri will kill her/the Lodge for that and allowed it) and treated her like stupid little girl. In the game she wants to make Ciri head of the Lodge and treat her nice, heh. Philippa was very interesting character in the books and in Witcher 2, I think she's good in Witcher 3 too.I really sad that you can't kill this "bad evil woman", but what a character, scheming and plotting even blind.

Just to tack on another, throwing the baby in the oven..... just why?? Why was that the answer???

Can't say I get 'feels' as people use the term.

Meet me in real life and you'd think I'm a mix of Philippa Eilhart and Han Solo.

...but any time Ciri bucks authority makes me smile.

There was a few for me
Finally finding Ciri really did it to me, I chose the Triss path so having to turn down Yen after her dialogue on the mountain hit me pretty hard too, even thinking I had lost Triss at first was harsh, Vesimir's death, also the ending thinking that CIri was gone, this was probably the worst one

Since noone mentioned it yet: Letho and his "last stand" hit me rather more than I expected when I saw it for the first time and didn't know what was up. Surprising too, I had no problem cutting him down myself in half of my TW2 saves.

Finishing the "Towerful of Mice" gave me a very sad feeling.

First I was so disgusted when poor Graham started to kiss the Pestae and it turned into a lovely kiss between lovers and a very sad ending. So yeah, my girly heart broke a little bit :(

Baron when seeing his daughter and stuff, I also came upon a scene where I saw a couple of dwarves outside of Novigrad digging their own graves, and elves cleaning a blood spattered wall - while Redanian crossbowmen were targeting them. Also Vesemir's death and funeral had me in tears, doesn't happen often.

Also a question, where the hell did you guys see Síle? When I went to Radovid's dungeon to free Rita, my glossary got updated and said she was there - yet I couldn't see her anywhere.

Vesemirs death, the moment when Triss left Novigrad despite me asking her to stay, the ending where you pretend Ciri died, just to then see her alive and well in a tavern. Those were probably the 3 most emotional moments for me.

Theres were tons of others too, that other people have already mentioned. Like the baron questline or the plain beginning when you train with Ciri at Kaer Morhen.

Ladies of the Wood invoked a burning hatred of the Crones and a desire to slice an dice `em.
The most I felt though was actually for Uma during the ritual, some real feels right there.

Last edited:
There were a lot. Some were with Yennefer, some with the other witchers, but most of them were with Ciri. I guess the three that stand out the most are when you first find Ciri. I got a little teary eyed watching Geralt deal with Ciri's "death". Then after that Vesemir's death was kinda heartbreaking. Finally the epilogue... Ciri going off with the Nilfgaardians was so damn bittersweet... I'm glad that she made her own decision, but I wish she would have gone off to live with Geralt and Yennefer instead. It was like the ending of Toy Story 3, just this was a lot more sad :(

So many of it...to much to write everything...So many very sad and good and also funny moments....

But one must be said....
"The ladies of the Woods"..that was the best Quest Line i've ever seen...It was disgusting and made weird feelings... but it was so fantastic also
Also the Soundtrack of this quest....epic....

There were many of them!

One of my favourites, the snowball fight with Ciri after Vesemirs death

There are a lot of moments, but the part that I like best is The epic Battle at Kaer Morhen.

Top Bottom