Money or parts???

+
I have a question about what to do with all the stuff you get. Do I sell? Do I scrap? What might be a good rule of thumb here?
At first I felt I needed more of the hard-to-get parts so I scrapped almost anything that I looted that had these colors. For example, epic shotgun? Scrap. But then I realized how much money you need in the game so I started selling. In a run after doing two or three NCPD assaults or fixer gigs, selling all the loot can easily net 10,000-20,000.
But where do you place the sell/scrap limit? Sell all? Scrap all? Scrap some, sell some, but what? For example, I have an epic weapon worth 2000 for sale. If I scrap I get probably an epic part, along with an assortment of lower tier parts. It's hard to get epic parts, but then 2000 is 2000.
This can apply to almost anything, including food and junk. Sell all junk, or scrap it? Mods, consumables etc. Is there some general wisdom as to the value of sell and the value of scrap?

depends on if you would like to farm for parts/eddis or not.
there are almost cheating way for cash in game.
And you can get enough of both if you want to farm VDBs(best for farming)
Other than that, I would say get the parts, you need lots of them either way but they are not coming with quests you do.

When it comes to dismantling or not... I go by what I'd have to buy the components for at that tier.. (common, uncommon, ect...) When you hover over a... say common weapon... that sells for 200 eddies but you see it can dismantle into 9x common and 5 uncommon components.. I will dismantle it.. as 200 eddies < the sum of the components if I were to buy the components.

Generally... I go with the following when I am dealing with a full inventory...

White - Dismantle if value of item is < 500 Eddies
Green - Dismantle if value of item is < 600 Eddies
Blue - Dismantle if value of item is < 1000 Eddies
Purple - Dismantle if value of item is < 1500 Eddies
Legendary - Almost always dismantle unless the drop box offers more value then all the dismantled components combined (very rare). Or I keep it as it might be awesome. Depends.

All depends on the item of course, some have more valuable components over others and stupid low drop box value... This is just my fast and loose rule... and if you're actually interested in crafting or upgrading.. if someone isn't interested in crafting/upgrading, then just sell it all.

If you need eddies, then you need eddies. But I will still dismantle almost any tier were the value of the item is 500 eddies or less (this includes some bizarrely low cost legendary items of no use).

Well as I customarily buy bundles of 50 epic and 50 rare parts every time I'm at a gun vendor, it would seem then that scrapping is better for the value of the parts.
One thing I haven't found very useful, and yes very tedious is the perk that lets you build better parts from lesser parts. The exchange rate is pretty bad and besides it can be only done one by one. If you want to convert 900 common parts to 100 uncommon, well you'll have to click 100 times. And it's not worthwhile for better parts (rare to epic for instance, too much waste).

Top Bottom