Monster contracts relics almost always underleveled?

+
Monster contracts relics almost always underleveled?

Just something I noticed since I started my 2nd playthrough. Apart from the dwarven axe from the shrieker (axe rank 12, quest 8), almost every monster reward from the contracts has been at least 2 levels lower than the quest itself.

I had just finished a rank 18 contract and the reward was a rank 12 sword. It doesn't make any sense. If anything, they should drop equipment that you're not yet ready to use instead of obsolete gear. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
a lot of the weapons need revamping with a patch, i think.

has anyone else noticed that after you get witcher swords/armor, everything else becomes pretty much worthless in comparison? "relic" swords are just slightly less worthless in comparison to "rare/magic" swords.

a lot of the weapons need revamping with a patch, i think.

has anyone else noticed that after you get witcher swords/armor, everything else becomes pretty much worthless in comparison? "relic" swords are just slightly less worthless in comparison to "rare/magic" swords.
pretty much, there is no point in using other equipment once you have access to all the witcher schools gear. There is a few interesting relic swords with special effects (freeze, burning etc), so that's something interesting at least.

yeah, set level scaling sucks. i can see the point of it in White Orchard, but afterwards monsters should be scaled to the level of the player, with difficulty dependent on the game difficulty level.

once you get up to the higher levels (especially in NG+), you're virtually untouchable throughout the entire game, with a small/short exception of when you start doing the HOS content. the only time i actually encountered a challenge was with the Caretaker, everything else was easy-peasy.

Agree with @cloolvl here, the level scaling is great, especially in the early levels. From 'Blood and Broken Bones' upwards drowners and wolves ganging up on you is a challenge but like mentioned before it needs some tuning for the endgame.

Just besides the topic, I found the caretaker fight amazingly entertaining, I beat him on my first try. Where I had difficulties was Iris' Nightmare

yeah, set level scaling sucks. i can see the point of it in White Orchard, but afterwards monsters should be scaled to the level of the player, with difficulty dependent on the game difficulty level.

No, enemies shouldn't scale to the player level. And the same for gear and weapons.

No, enemies shouldn't scale to the player level. And the same for gear and weapons.
I'm not saying they should. My problem is that the rewards from the witcher contracts are most of the time underwhelming since their levels are much lower than the quest level.

I did 2 witcher contracts today, both in Skellige (edberg's phantom and the water hag 'muire d'yablen'). The first one was level 18 and I got a lvl12 sword. The second, level 17, and the reward was 13.

Last edited:
I'm not saying they should. My problem is that the rewards from the witcher contracts are most of the time underwhelming since their levels are much lower than the quest level.

I did 2 witcher contracts today, both in Skellige (edberg's phantom and the water hag 'muire d'yablen'). The first one was level 18 and I got a lvl12 sword. The second, level 17, and the reward was 13.

Oh, but I agree with that. I opened a thread about this some times ago.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/52083-Level-12-sword-for-a-level-24-quest

At least the swords that one receives as quest rewards, should be scaled much higher. Crach and Geralt do a whole song and dance about Winter's Blade, and it is so lowly that I never use it (I can't bring myself to sell it so it just goes into my stash lol).

Well. Items scale with your level, not with the quest's level.

Most visible with items like the blade Crach gives you, or the blade Hattori gives you, or the armor you get for the mastercrafter armorer quest. Extremely visible if you are high level and go beat up some lowlevel bandits and receive lvl 30+ weapons from these lowbie NPCs. Items from chests have a somewhat broader margin, but also scale with your level.

Last edited:
it depends on the player, if the payer levels up a lot and then he takes on the contracts, the the monsters will be underleveled, i encountered the monsters very challenging

Well. Items scale with your level, not with the quest's level.

Most visible with items like the blade Crach gives you, or the blade Hattori gives you, or the armor you get for the mastercrafter armorer quest. Extremely visible if you are high level and go beat up some lowlevel bandits and receive lvl 30+ weapons from these lowbie NPCs. Items from chests have a somewhat broader margin, but also scale with your level.
I noticed that, but there is a tendency the loot will be at a lower level than yourself, with a few exceptions

Help is on it`s way with the most perfect mod so far - all relic swords like "The Emmenthaler" and Winterblade and completely all of them are now upgradable just like the Witcher sets are :)
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...tcher3/ajax/modimages/?user=0&id=1112&gid=952

you're virtually untouchable throughout the entire game, with a small/short exception of when you start doing the HOS content. the only time i actually encountered a challenge was with the Caretaker, everything else was easy-peasy.

Even on Level 30 Geralt becomes literally immortal on this Blood Sweat and Tears difficulty because everything running around in the open world no matter if monster or bandit, is somewhere on Level 3 or Level 7, but almost never higher than level 12, and none of these bandits is even worth getting off the horse :D because the enemys die from only seeing Geralt.
This mod helps:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/442/?

Have fun!

Top Bottom