Monster Control Deck?

+
Monster Control Deck?

Hey all!

I've been playing with a budgety deck kinda similar to AdamNadrac's Monster Deck. I don't have the Gold cards that he does and also no Frightener or Roach. Instead, I've been running with Caretaker, Caranthir, Woodland Spirirt, and Triss Merigold. The deck has been working pretty well so far, but I have had issues with Tibor and some Speel Soc...I read a reply that someone runs with Succubus, Twisted Mirror, and a couple Shackles for those instances, but I only have Shackles. With the upcoming patch, is it worth crafting either Succubus or the Twisted Mirror cards if Tibor is going to be nerfed? I'm also wondering if there are any more controlish Monster decks that work really well, or should I just change up my faction a bit?

Thanks for any help!

kaalev

Forum regular
IIRC, Tibor is only getting nerfed by 2 points.

Succubus is always a fun card to play but if Skellige won't be played as much and weather monsters grow in popularity I'm afraid it will mostly be a dead card.

Twisted mirror is always a solid pick if your deck can make lots of low power units.

kaalev;n8849320 said:
IIRC, Tibor is only getting nerfed by 2 points.

Succubus is always a fun card to play but if Skellige won't be played as much and weather monsters grow in popularity I'm afraid it will mostly be a dead card.

Twisted mirror is always a solid pick if your deck can make lots of low power units.

Btw, i was wondering. If i wold have lets say 15 foglets on round 3, all base strength 2, and there is lets say strength 10 card somewhere on the deck.
Would it swap strength to only single foglet to 10, or all of them?

kaalev

Forum regular
Red-Wyrm;n8849580 said:
Btw, i was wondering. If i wold have lets say 15 foglets on round 3, all base strength 2, and there is lets say strength 10 card somewhere on the deck.
Would it swap strength to only single foglet to 10, or all of them?

Only single foglet.

It's hard for me to see the use of Foglets nowadays... I have beat every Fog Deck so far and have only struggled with a last card Crone triple threat. Tibor in the 3rd round is always a loss.... Reaver's are kinda 50/50 so far, depends on the player. Sco Protectors are a pain since my deck is usually dead by the last round, which could happen with Reavers too.
So I just need a way around the last round of Reavers and Protectors......

if you have caleano harpies in deck bekker twisted mirror would be a great add ( i have it in my deck). Also it synergizes pretty well with fire elemental cause of the 1 strength units he spawns and woodland spirit for the same reason.
Succubus is being recommended by streamers . However i see it as situational against some of the archetypes which why i prefer using kayran instead for now.

Michelazz;n8852500 said:
if you have caleano harpies in deck bekker twisted mirror would be a great add ( i have it in my deck). Also it synergizes pretty well with fire elemental cause of the 1 strength units he spawns and woodland spirit for the same reason.
Succubus is being recommended by streamers . However i see it as situational against some of the archetypes which why i prefer using kayran instead for now.

I was going to try Bekkers Twisted Mirror out since it should synergize with my Harpies, Woodland Spirit and Fire Elemental. I feel like it would be a great finisher. Does it work on Gold enemies though?
I keep hearing about the Succubus as well but have only faced off against one which did not work out too well against my low base power minions, I always wait to buff them as the last moves!

colorad0kid1107;n8849810 said:
It's hard for me to see the use of Foglets nowadays... I have beat every Fog Deck so far and have only struggled with a last card Crone triple threat. Tibor in the 3rd round is always a loss.... Reaver's are kinda 50/50 so far, depends on the player. Sco Protectors are a pain since my deck is usually dead by the last round, which could happen with Reavers too.
So I just need a way around the last round of Reavers and Protectors......

I keep playing my foglets deck, and actualy thinking giving a break from Gwent, because i can't think of another deck i would like. In any case, my win/lose ration right now about 1.5, which is very decent IMO. It was bad only before i had enough of fog summoning cards. Right now its up 7 times per match.

Red-Wyrm;n8858320 said:
I keep playing my foglets deck, and actualy thinking giving a break from Gwent, because i can't think of another deck i would like. In any case, my win/lose ration right now about 1.5, which is very decent IMO. It was bad only before i had enough of fog summoning cards. Right now its up 7 times per match.

Do you buff them at all or anything? Everytime I've played with or against them, they easily get clear skied or counter weathered. How do you feel about the upcoming patch and foglets? They will remain as long as a fog is on the board and Woodland Spirit gets buffed!

This is the list I have been playing. It's semi-budget in that I'm missing two of the golds I would run in an ideal world (replace Imlerith and Royal Decree with Caranthir and Renewal), but everything else is what I want it to be. Am not a high rank on the ladder, as I only unlocked Ranked Play yesterday, but I am currently 9-2-1 with the list.

Bronzes
3 Foglet
3 Celaeno Harpy
2 Wild Hunt Hound
1 Archgriffin
2 Drowner
2 Biting Frost
1 Impenetrable Fog
1 Dimeritium Shackles

Silvers
Jotunn
Fiend
Water Hag
Decoy
Bekker's Twisted Mirror
Frightener

Golds
Woodland Spirit
Caretaker
Imlerith (would replace with Caranthir)
Royal Decree (would replace with Renew)

colorad0kid1107;n8860220 said:
Do you buff them at all or anything? Everytime I've played with or against them, they easily get clear skied or counter weathered. How do you feel about the upcoming patch and foglets? They will remain as long as a fog is on the board and Woodland Spirit gets buffed!

Depends.
Non-removable unites obviously always at higher priority to be buffed. Like wolfs, ekimaras, and even Nekker warriors (rarely happens that i play them even in last round.
If i have to play Commander's horn, likewise i'll try to buff non-removable units most, and then nearby foglets as well. Yen often would be played last. Where opponent might save his weather removal to very end, quite possibly removing some buffed foglets, same time he have to let his unites to be damaged by fog meanwhile.
And i always will try to keep extra fogs on my hand to the very end, in case someone played fog removal as his last card.

I actually didn't know about that change... that would make my foglet deck certainly more powerful. Maybe i will bother even get back to ranked play (right now i am playing only casual)

Michelazz;n8866350 said:
colorad0kid1107 twisted mirror works only on silver an bronze cards unless the gold cards is schakeled. It is a great finisher if you play woodland spirit last round.

Thanks for the info! Sadly, I don't run with any shackles...

Tibor hasn't been too big of an issue for me in ranked with either lack of play or they play him too early, even in the third round. I have been having trouble with Dwarves who seem to last all three rounds...and some weather Monster decks,.
I'm either 24-6 or 26-8 so far. It was smooth sailing until I bit rank 10-11 where I run into these decks. I'm def looking into Renewal and might swap out Caretaker for it...ugh, plus I need Ge'els.....

colorad0kid1107 when you reach rank 11 things will become harder and you will start to face smarter players. I am rank 12 now and things got serious since i reached this rank. For the dwarfs you need lock cards silver cards and removal cards ( alzur is great against them) you lock one and alzur the other and he is pretty much dead (if you want to lock one of the cards, wait till he buffs it to the max then use ur lock.

I also play a foglet deck and I don't really have problems with dwarves. I just try to win the first round and let them carry over all their resilience cards, then I suck as many cards out of them in round two and pass, and in the last round when both players are down to maybe 2-3 cards I just try to keep 1-2 fog sources and overwhelm them with my 7-9 foglets plus dagon or woodland spirit. Of course, that doesn't work everytime as planned but I usually win against dwarves.

Also, definitely try out renew it's an amazing card. A second woodland spirit in the last round is always really good and it is just amazing if the enemy has played a lot of his own golds. Yesterday, I played against the damn bears and my opponent tried to kambi me in the last round but he already played his hjalmaar so I revieved it one turn before the kambi went off and boom, I won the game.

newbuschkoeter;n8914420 said:
I also play a foglet deck and I don't really have problems with dwarves. I just try to win the first round and let them carry over all their resilience cards, then I suck as many cards out of them in round two and pass, and in the last round when both players are down to maybe 2-3 cards I just try to keep 1-2 fog sources and overwhelm them with my 7-9 foglets plus dagon or woodland spirit. Of course, that doesn't work everytime as planned but I usually win against dwarves.

Also, definitely try out renew it's an amazing card. A second woodland spirit in the last round is always really good and it is just amazing if the enemy has played a lot of his own golds. Yesterday, I played against the damn bears and my opponent tried to kambi me in the last round but he already played his hjalmaar so I revieved it one turn before the kambi went off and boom, I won the game.

Nice! I def tried Renew to out Kayran again in the 2nd round for a forfeit...lol

Im def retweaking my decks this patch...

Top Bottom