Monster deck shouldnt be able to save gold cards at round end

+
Monster deck shouldnt be able to save gold cards at round end

I sign this.

The monster deck is currently exploited by playing gold cards in the first round (including the Eredin hero ability) and getting a free win,
unless the opponent lays down half his deck to counter it and is left with too few cards in the coming rounds to win.

I think it'd only be fair if this skill worked only for normal/silver cards, as you can buff yourself some pretty mean monsters to make use of it.

To add to that, I believe buffs applied to cards that do carry over should be removed. I know I've lost the first round but putting me against a card that has been buffed to 36 already is insane.

I sign this.

The monster deck is currently exploited by playing gold cards in the first round (including the Eredin hero ability) and getting a free win,
unless the opponent lays down half his deck to counter it and is left with too few cards in the coming rounds to win.

I think it'd only be fair if this skill worked only for normal/silver cards, as you can buff yourself some pretty mean monsters to make use of it.

You over react. I win most of such games. I only barely lose when my hand is the worst possible. You can counter it with Ciri or force more cards by using your recall potential cards but still RNG is too broken. The only game I lost today was when Geralt in Monster deck was TWICE picked by RNG to stay. I lost last round 58-63 or sth.

It should be limited to not gold cards, give some penalty like -2 and degradation 1 level (to silver or bronze) or at least that same cards cant be last standing TWICE.

Last edited:
I disagree. After playing a few hours there's something very important to note. Heroes were very powerful in the original Gwent game. It's not the case as much with current gold cards. Non-gold cards tend to be buffed way beyond the gold cards and these cards are much more of a problem than the gold ones.

I don't see any balance problems with that and honestly, monsters is the deck I have the most wins against.

it depends. You practically forfeited the first round if you use that strat.
And if they have any spy...or mist, you are fucked.

it depends. You practically forfeited the first round if you use that strat.
And if they have any spy...or mist, you are fucked.

Only if you dont get Adrenaline Rush. If you have it on your hand the game is almost always won because you can just play Eredin and another strong non gold card and Adrenaline Rush the non gold one and with a little bit of luck you start out the 2nd round with 18+ pts (or your foe wastes his scorch) regardless if you won or lost the first round. At the moment where everyone has beginner decks it is def. too strong, cant tell when people have better decks though.

Top Bottom