Monster Deck Strategies

+
Well you were playing against monsters. He could have had that card as well leaving you with zero 1pointer on the board and an 27 on his side :D

I tried an Arachas deck, that swarms so hard you actually have to take care not to fill your board and not be able to put more units.

It was crushed for multiple reasons, but on the 8th match, i finally did what i wanted (and not even in ideal conditions):

Before crazy bug:
View attachment 10982791

After crazy bug:
View attachment 10982794
I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw that point swing...
it's even worse when you can get 2 vrans on board and then follow up Glusty with Whispering Willow. The Vran's are especially vicious because trigger on enemy deaths too... I went through 4 cycles once, and cyclops into archespore or rotfiend can be brutal

Weavess: Incantation is really excellent if paired with count Caldwell or old speartip. Caldwell is a 10 strength, 8 provision unit who always switches sides to the side with the strongest unit at the end of each round. If you actually play him, theres a high chance of losing him. If you consume him, you get that value added to the battlefield with no risk other than the other player scorching you, which, if they want to waste it in rd1, they are more than welcome to do so. You also draw a free card to replace the one consumed from your hand.

Actually i would like to try a crones deck, but im afraid their synergy is too weird.

Has anyone pulled it off? Should i use the other crone alternate versions (the ones that were added later)?

Should i use them on an Unseen Elder deck? I dont want to do the typical Ge'els deathwish deck.

Actually i would like to try a crones deck, but im afraid their synergy is too weird.

Has anyone pulled it off? Should i use the other crone alternate versions (the ones that were added later)?

Should i use them on an Unseen Elder deck? I dont want to do the typical Ge'els deathwish deck.
Try Crones with the following: Sorta a consume/strongest unit type deck, with Woodland spirit, ghouls, the ogroids (13 points, 9 etc) and Imlerith and Werewolves. Works quite well for me.

Try Crones with the following: Sorta a consume/strongest unit type deck, with Woodland spirit, ghouls, the ogroids (13 points, 9 etc) and Imlerith and Werewolves. Works quite well for me.

Thanks, i'll try something along those lines but i'll avoid the ghouls and ogroids, i consider them too straightforward and OP, and i've already done that tactic a lot in beta gwent with relicts.

But the crones effect should be calibrated so you could have the bonus as long as you have all 3 crones on hand/board.

The Weavess card I mentioned isnt one of the normal 8 pointer crones and I dont know if she even synergises with the other cards. Does anyone know for sure?

Monster Control boys, kill them all :)

Attachments

• aglais.jpg
    aglais.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 149
@Mkushrom The new decoy isnt really good, in NG is decent since you can return a powerful card to deck and use the 3pt mage to put it back on top of deck so you know you can play it again.

Now, my turn: has anyone made a 4 Phoenix deck? I got one now with 2 phoenixes, but since i love the card so much, i might try a 4 one (original, Caranthir, renew caranthir, whispering hillock)

is it me or is dominance just god awful? made myself a pretty fun imlerith deck (avalach, caranthir, high strength cards) but it just... well, sucks. maybe Im having bad luck with the matchups but pretty much every deck is boost or damage and I cant really seem to even get the combo off most of the time. sad that this archtype is just garbage atm appearently.

is it me or is dominance just god awful? made myself a pretty fun imlerith deck (avalach, caranthir, high strength cards) but it just... well, sucks. maybe Im having bad luck with the matchups but pretty much every deck is boost or damage and I cant really seem to even get the combo off most of the time. sad that this archtype is just garbage atm appearently.

it is pretty bad unfortunately. Cards that require dominance to trigger effects tend to need big bois already out, but if you do that you are gimping thrive chance. Imlerith is good IF he isn't removed or locked but 9/10 he will be. Generally imlerith/ order cards in general do poorly because they will just be removed or locked before they get full value. I have been having better luck with just playing big bois and thrive.

It is also a lot more obvious that you are playing for dominance, so the opponent can play accordingly. Before, you could trigger dominance with the card that had dominance, which was a huge thing because it was so much easier to be unpredictable and trigger.
Post automatically merged:

It is still playable but you need to be very careful how you play. Always have a way to get a big unit when you need it. Eredin/woodland are good for that.

it is pretty bad unfortunately. Cards that require dominance to trigger effects tend to need big bois already out, but if you do that you are gimping thrive chance. Imlerith is good IF he isn't removed or locked but 9/10 he will be. Generally imlerith/ order cards in general do poorly because they will just be removed or locked before they get full value. I have been having better luck with just playing big bois and thrive.

It is also a lot more obvious that you are playing for dominance, so the opponent can play accordingly. Before, you could trigger dominance with the card that had dominance, which was a huge thing because it was so much easier to be unpredictable and trigger.
Post automatically merged:

It is still playable but you need to be very careful how you play. Always have a way to get a big unit when you need it. Eredin/woodland are good for that.
in the right matchups I actually had a lot of fun. I had some lucky rounds with avallach/caranthir/imlerith and renew where I hd immune imlerith on board in both long rounds. In some of them I still lost by a huge margin because 2 damage per turn is fine but some decks are just too insane point slam.^^ I personally dont run thrive in this deck because it screws tempo (and it's thematically a wild hunt one) that I need to play imlerith (he's useless late in the round). I found hideous feast very useful for dominance (steals 3 strength and gives to your unit).
but yeah dominance still needs some help imo

I'm just now starting to build a Monster Deck. I was wondering if I should concentrate on only getting Monster Kegs or if I can get any Set Kegs that would add to the Monster Faction?

I'm just now starting to build a Monster Deck. I was wondering if I should concentrate on only getting Monster Kegs or if I can get any Set Kegs that would add to the Monster Faction?
Stick to faction kegs for now, until you at least get 2 of each bronze cards. Then you can switch.

I started playing 3 days ago and in those 3 days I collected 101/135 of monster cards. I have a very good success rate with my vampire deck with Orianna and Scent of blood but I was looking forward to build Deathwish deck. Here is my question. I have amounted 1800 scraps and I was wondering if I should make 8 epic cards (I still am missing 16) or 2 legendary cards (if yes then which legendaries are MUST HAVE in most monster decks?) OR....should I wait till new seson and see which monster decks will emerge. Since I'm still a new player I really wanted to collected all my monster cards so I'm tempted to get those 8 epics or 2 legendaries. Can you advise me what will be the smartest move to make? Since I don't buy any other kegs but MONSTER kegs I don't have anything from other factions including neutrals. Which monster legendaries and epics are must have for most decks?

EPIC CARDS :

I'm sorry to inform you that you have surpassed me on this topic. I'm not able to play as much as I like and have yet to buy what I was talking about earlier,

Not sure if this has been discussed or seen before but I have built a thrive deck which seems to be working well most of the time. It took some tweaking and I still feel there's something I'm missing but here it is. Feel free to suggest edits.
(numbers - power, cost. Unless there's only one in which case it's cost)

Nekker Warrior 4,4
Endrega Larva 1,5 (spawn copy, plus it has armor)
Drowner 2,5
Wyvern 3,5
Griffin 8,5 (unsure about inclusion but useful occasionally)
Alzur's thunder 5
Devara Runestone 5
Ice Gaint 7,6
Alpha Werewolf 5,6
Armory 6
Penitent 2,7
Werecat 3,7
The beast 4,7
Armored Arachas 6,8
Ozzerel 1,9
Katakan 6,9
Geralt of Rivia 3,10
Kikimore Queen 5,11
Primordial D'ao 9,11 (did consider speartip, asleep)

Last edited:
Top Bottom