Monster ingredients = Gold

+
Monster ingredients = Gold

Anybody know were I can grab some monster ingredients that sells for a alot of gold? When the game was first released I remember killing alot Wyverns in swamp northwest from the tower. Wyverns drop thier meat and its wings. I dont remember, but awhile back the meat or the wings were 50 gold each; now I upgraded the game to the enhanced edition, and now both of them sell for 2 gold only. The highest I can find is White Vinegar sells for 20 gold. :hmmm: Does anyone know were to get good indgredients that sells for alot of gold? ???

Play poker dice. A lot of poker dice. Only few ingredients have decent sell price and usually they are much more useful as a part of potion then source of income.

best place for earning gold from ingredients in act2 is the 'family crypt' (from 'Finders Keepers' quest). there's White vinegar from the graveirs, worth 20g at kalkstein.

Flash said:
Play poker dice. A lot of poker dice. Only few ingredients have decent sell price and usually they are much more useful as a part of potion then source of income.
+1 !Poker dice is just awesome ]:->

Enidehalas said:
Enidehalas said:
Absolutly agreeIt's better to amount xp points from monsters and keep the ingredients for saving your own money. If you need to gain more, just play with munro and thaler (in act 2). They're the richest gamblers.Another good suggestion is picking and selling everything you don't need... I mean EVERYTHING!!!

it really can't be stressed enough that it matters to whom you sell ingredients as well. Kalkstein gives the best prices, others rip you off for the most part :peace:

Enidehalas said:
Enidehalas said:
Ugh, I hate dice-poker. I mean, it's even worse than a plain game of chance, because the game coding forces you to lose to certain players, and the situations where you win or lose or tie your opponent are not consistent (both you and your opponent concluding with, say, two pairs will mean you win or lose or call a draw -- any of the above -- seemingly only based on what the game decides it wants to do to you, whether it wants you to win or lose... anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). This, and the fact that I don't get to roll a second time, only my opponent does -- and this coupled with the possible / seeming fact that my opponent, when re-rolling, almost always rolls a[nother] two-of a kind (well, at least much more often than not) so I almost always lose when we're tied after the first roll -- this all comes together to make a game that really, really gets on my nerves.I'd be much happier if the developers had chosen a game based on wit / skill (sure it's more difficult to think up / create . . . but for the player (well... me, anyhow) it's more rewarding) . . . but then, I suspect the poker-dice game might've been taken from the books: can anybody enlighten me on this, since I haven't read the books?Anyway . . . as for making money: I much prefer, say, brawling at the tavern. True, it's too easy, I wish all our minor opponents were tougher (but then, I wish that for most games) . . . but at least it involves a proportion of skill, it's not simply chance, and the situation isn't rigged against you based on whom you've already played. (Of course, it's rigged in favor of you, which is nearly as bad, but still I find it preferable to dice-poker.)Doesn't earn you much, but it's easy money, and dice poker doesn't earn you much either unless you play for higher stakes, which I assume only works once you attain a certain "level of expertise", as far as the game decides . . . and since I can't go back to the outskirts, I haven't been able to try this yet. Well... maybe I can try it on Zoltan, I should give that a whirl.Of course, you can also make some money scouting for assassins to kill, at night, and then selling the badges . . . easier than losing and reloading repeatedly with dice-poker . . . but this doesn't earn you much, either.

When its your turn you should highlight the dice you want to re-roll and then click on roll button. If you don't highlight any you'll not roll any. Three of a kind beats two pairs. If both have two pairs I think one who has bigger pairs will win. For instance I have pairs of 4 and 2. And you have pairs of 3 and 6. You win. I need confirmation on this. It's not random though I'm sure. About brawling, you can raise the fight money to its double at most. They won't fight you to one more penny than that. For example if the game suggests you fight for 10 orens with that character you can raise it to 20 at most. 21 and he'll not fight. If you bypassed some of the players in dice at Outskirts I think you can still progress the quest. Look at your journal and it tells you to play with novices for instance find some and play with them first.

e-ahmet said:
When its your turn you should highlight the dice you want to re-roll and then click on roll button. If you don't highlight any you'll not roll any. Three of a kind beats two pairs. If both have two pairs I think one who has bigger pairs will win. For instance I have pairs of 4 and 2. And you have pairs of 3 and 6. You win. I need confirmation on this. It's not random though I'm sure.
I can confirm that. Also, if you and the other player both have the same poker hand, (say two 2's and two 4's), the sole remaining die will determine the winner. If, for example, it's a 1 for the computer and a 3 for you, you win. The combinations go on, but they are *not* random. Also, I have never lost to an arbitraly designated poker opponent. It might take some time to beat one, but they are all possible to beat.

e-ahmet said:
When its your turn you should highlight the dice you want to re-roll and then click on roll button.
Ahh... thanks! That's definitely, definitely helpful. I hadn't even considered trying to highlight dice.
If both have two pairs I think one who has bigger pairs will win.
Ahah... of course... that explains everything. I was getting really annoyed/frustrated with the dice game because I thought I was being screwed around with and that there were certain opponents who, based on how many 'skilled' people you've beaten, you won't be allowed to beat.It's nice to know otherwise.
If you bypassed some of the players in dice at Outskirts I think you can still progress the quest. Look at your journal and it tells you to play with novices for instance find some and play with them first.
No need, I played all four (though you need to play only three) in the Outskirts, and I'm now in the [sort of disinterested] process of locating the 'professionals' in the Temple Quarter... I was just talking about people you can beat more easily at higher stakes (although the 'easier' players, of course, offer lower stakes... so it ends up evening out anyhow, and the amount of money you can win just doesn't seem extraordinarily high, at least so far -- brawling, on the other hand, will get you a guaranteed 80 orens every time in the Temple Quarter (50 in the Outskirts, but I always left the "wimpy fistfighter" alone, since I felt bad for him, so for me it was 40), and unless your vitality's really low you're pretty much guaranteed to win (though you shouldn't be, in my opinion), so it's a much easier way of making a moderate amount of money quickly.EDIT:The only thing that bothers me about brawling at the Hairy Bear is the shirtless guy who keeps getting in the way. Sometimes I have to do some maneuvering around him so I can properly hit my opponent, and so in the process my opponent gets in two or three free punches . . . but that doesn't end up being a big deal, since I always win, anyhow... sigh.. .

e-ahmet said:
About brawling, you can raise the fight money to its double at most. They won't fight you to one more penny than that. For example if the game suggests you fight for 10 orens with that character you can raise it to 20 at most. 21 and he'll not fight.
Actually, if the initial suggestion is 20 orens, you can raise it to 50. That's the only exception though.

Interesting. I thought i'd tried raising the red-shirted guy (at the Hairy Bear) to 41 and was turned away... apparently not, apparently it was only the ones in the Outskirts I'd tested that way . . . or, in the Hairy Bear, one of the 10-oren guys.So . . . that makes it a guaranteed 90 orens each time at the Hairy Bear: 50+20+20.

Kodaemon said:
Kodaemon said:
About brawling, you can raise the fight money to its double at most. They won't fight you to one more penny than that. For example if the game suggests you fight for 10 orens with that character you can raise it to 20 at most. 21 and he'll not fight.
Actually, if the initial suggestion is 20 orens, you can raise it to 50. That's the only exception though.
Thanks. I didn't know that. Evnissyen, don't worry about locating players. Generally they'll present you to themselves if you've been doing side quests or even during main quests. Just look for the game icon when you're talking to a person. And most of the players are easy to win. I only found Thaler a bit tough in my playthroughs.

Top Bottom