Monster Slayer Quest [MQ4003] -- HELP

+
Hey,

This quest line bugged out. Can't interact with the drowner corpse but was able to pick up the note. Now it's stuck on the part asking to figure out what's killing the drowners. It's borked completely. I don't want to restart, that's not a solution.

I've heard that addfact/removefact can help solve this, but I have no idea how to form the command lines. I've found the quest it's associated to, mq4003, and have tried just about everything I can think of, but nothing is working. I'd take even failing the quest at this point, or redoing the quest specifically.

So, can someone help me out with how to form the commands?

Quest: Monster Slayer (MQ4003); stuck on "figure out what's kiling the drowners".

EDIT

I tried to use W3StringEditor.exe to locate more information. I can find the descriptions of the quest in content0/en.w3strings but I still don't know how to find the fact IDs associated to the quest lines.

Last edited:
Moved your post to the mod section, maybe someone here has an idea.

In general: you can report quest progression issues here -> https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...4/i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest (but please read the information first)

Other than that it's usually a good idea to frequently save the game, in case something goes wrong and you have to load an earlier save game.
Also, installed mods can also cause problems in some cases.

Thank you for moving the thread. I had no idea this wouldn't fall under technical. My bad!

And no, no mods were being used for this install.

(corrected thread title to correct quest name. It is Monster Slayer, not hunter. xD)

Last edited:
How exactly are you stuck? Have you tried exploring the cave near where you found the drowner corpses? If I recall it's east of the boat hut.

I've already done the quest, yea. Everything was completed, even got the message for it. As soon as left the cave though, it reset me back to the search part of the quest, and none of the "items" glowing red can be interacted with again. I still have the letter and everything, trolls dead etc etc.

So you've completed the quest but the journal doesn't update, or rather it reverts to an uncompleted stage.
Strange. I've not heard of this before.

Yes, that's exactly it. I completed it and then it reverted back steps, and is impossible to pass through because the troll is dead and I already have the letter. The last time this happened to me, it was a Ciri quest.

Top Bottom