Monsters fighting each other in the wild

+
Monsters fighting each other in the wild

I just thought that it would be cool to see monsters of different types fighting each other. At most you'll see wolves stalking down deer, or a Nekker killing a rabbit or something. What if you were riding by on your horse and you hear cries in the distance of a Fiend and a Griffin battling it out! It doesn't seem like there is any of this in the game as it is - I could be wrong. I'm assuming that the monsters wouldn't just stay out of each others way.

Certain monsters have their own territory and killing grounds. You wouldn't make much sense seeing a Drowner atop a mountain, battling a Basilisk. It wouldn't make any sense.

Or a Nekker near a coastline, Grave Hag fighting a Wyvern, etc..

It would be more interesting to see creatures that do exist closely together, such as certain Arachas fighting a monster too close their nests, and other various monsters that would make sense to see clashes.

So far I've only seen some monsters chase after wildlife.

it's already implemented. I can't understand how people don't see these encounters... I usually see bandits near water getting killed by drowners also wolves fighting ghouls and so on.

Actually this is already in the game and the described is exactly what happened in my game. A group of Drowners were fighting a Wyvern who strayed into a swamp region, I even took screenshots. The drowners mobbed up on the Wyvern and killed her off quite quickly.

Certain monsters have their own territory and killing grounds. You wouldn't make much sense seeing a Drowner atop a mountain, battling a Basilisk. It wouldn't make any sense.
Would be entertaining as hell!

In all seriousness though, you're right. Alot of the matchups wouldn't make sense. Monsters are pretty separated in the wild. Maybe wolves and Nekkers would be close enough to fight each other since they spawn in the forests. Possibly a Leshen and a Fiend. I'm going to try spawning in a few random monsters with the Debug Console and seeing if they're programmed to fight each other at all. We'll see.

it's already implemented. I can't understand how people don't see these encounters... I usually see bandits near water getting killed by drowners also wolves fighting ghouls and so on.

Wow I had no idea. I've explored all of Velen and Novigrad and haven't seen this a single time! I will have to look harder!

I also haven't noticed any of the amazing scenarios people here have described, ya'll are lucky!

I loved the swamp battles in Witcher 1 between the different swamp monsters, would love to come across such action in Witcher 3.

I came across a very angry Cyclops once, and I ran off (because of his level) right into a massive bandit camp (doh!). I realized the potential, so I went back to the Cyclops still making his slow way towards me, attacked him once to get his firm attention, then led him right to the bandits. I high-tailed it out of there while the bandits battled the Cyclops. The bandits made quite a ruckus, yelling out "Holy Gods!" and other such verbal dismay. The Cyclops won against all the bandits, and I turned on him with his low health and easily beat him.

I cleaned up in loot and alchemy stuff. Walked on.

I've seen hags and nekkers (or was it drowners? Now I have to check next time I have the chance) fighting several times; I believe Geralt even commented on it the first time.

I led a group of wild dogs into a drowner pack yesterday. It was fun standing back and watching them kill each other.

I once saw a pack of lvl 5 wolves chasing a deer only to find them accidently got into lvl 9 drowner's lair and got slaughtered in the end leaving the deer free!

At that time I was convinced that the deer was deliberately luring those wolves to the drowners, very clever :)

Top Bottom