Monsters in The Witcher 3

+
Yes... the problem is that in the swamps you have the same bestiary of the rest of the game.. Drowners and foglets... That's boring... let's hope that with the new expansion they add some more variety also in the original areas of the game

I miss the swamp monsters from the first game...those,bludzeiger things (or whatever they were called) and the ones that were like plants. Some of those were a pain, I hated them and yet I missed them in this fame. I thought the swamps missed them.

Perhaps some of these could appear in Blood and Wine, although from the screenshots it does not look like Toussaint will be a swampy place.

Blood and wine will have its own bestiary but my hope is that they add some more monster variety also in the Velen/Skellige areas...I hope with the next expansion or in the Enhanced edition they add more monsters in the original game

Yes, more monsters please.. big ones, small ones, fat ones, skinny ones, ugly ones, sexy ones, flying ones, swiming ones, night ones, day ones, undead ones you name it. New ones, and add them into the base game if they can. Thats a lot of work and time though, they have to be kool looking and sounding, fun to fight and watch with good AI and animations and they have to fit, well.. kinda... into the world even though some are from other worlds. I wish CDPR could just hire Mike Patton to do some crazy voice acting for a monster, or just monsters in general, because that guy is great and he knows his shit, he was the voice of the Darkness in that video game and he did monster sounds in the I Am Legend movie, my next pick for monster voice acting, if not both, is Corey Taylor from Slipknot. I think He just did some voice acting for the tv show Doctor Who, but serious Red Team, pull some strings and try an get these guys in the game because not everybody knows who they are, so it's perfect.
AND If they ever ask for more than your willing to pay them for voice overs, then just let me know.. and I'll slap them for ya k. ;)

Last edited:
Why do the monsters on The Skellige Isles have Scandinavian names (Morkvarg, Morvudd, Ulfhedinn, Hagubman), while all the Slavic ones were romanized?
Nocna mara in Polish aka Black mara in Russian became Black Beauty.
Leśnica (derived from polish word "las" - forest) became Jenny o' the Woods.

WTF?

The game seriously has OTHER problems, then from which original language certain monsters come from ..

The game has far more a REAL problem, of lacking VARIETY, especially in Skellige Islands, where everywhere is just only a Siren Orgy around you non stop....

The game has alot of creatures that are still missing from the previous games that should have been added via Blood and Vine instead of some boring reskins.. just to name a few

* Bloedzuiger > perfect for Velen
* Manticore > was planned for Kaer Morhen and got axed by CDPRF for whichever unfathomable reason replaced by a silly forktail
* Striga > surely would have fitted for either Skellige or Velen as a contract quest
* Zeugl > perfect for a Novigrad Contract quest in its undergrounds
* Vodyanoi > would have been perfect for Skellige to give that place more varity and also for Velen
* Graveir > would fit everywhere for the general nighttime, especially Novigrad/Velen at night
* Frightener > would have been a good contract quest, its silyl that this one exists as gwent card, but can't be found ingame as well
* Koshchey > would have been a great contract or general quest monster
* Cemetaur > good general monster for night activities and for caves
* Draugr > woudl have been a perfect number 1 choice for Skellige Islands as Draugr are coming from the norse religion and Skellige is all about the norse influence
* Gralls > would have been perfect for caves
* Kayran > Velen/Skellige, is all thats about to say for this one
* Trolls > could have been placed everywhere in forrest regions or in mountain regions
* Dragon > would have been perfect if they wouldn't have had removed that planned Dragon for Skellige Islands ...

just to name the most known ones from W1 and W2 which surely would have found some places in this huge game where they could have been placed to, especialy in Velen or in Skellige or as part of some unique Contract Quests

just to show, how much unused potential there is in this game, besides of tons of other potential good options they shold have added to the game, that would have made more then, than a 99,9% Siren Orgy in Skellige, like Sharks, like Pirats, like Ghost Ships (thats a freaking nostalgic classic!), like a huge KRAKEN as a conctract monster when they dont bring the Kayran there, then this would have been the next nostalgic clsassic that would have fitted for Skellige Islands liek a fist to the face

Thats the real problem here, how much unused potential has been in this game, not how certain monsters haven't been named.. how monsters are in the end named is the absolute very LAST PROBLEM

That so many known monsters are missing and the massive lack of variety in Skellige are things, that massively influence for me the immersion of this game and where I personally wish, that once CDPR is doen with cyberpunk, that they continue on improving this game and add with a big monster pack as DLC more varity to the game hopefully

Last edited:
The game seriously has OTHER problems, then from which original language certain monsters come from ..

I feel offended by the Slavic culture anyway. The devs could at least refrain from translating "wilkolak" as "werewolf" and just use the Slavic word instead.

Wow a ghost ship, or a story around a ghost ship similiar to the Bermuda Triangle would have been so frightening and super interesting to play. I get sad when even thinking of ghost ships (and the fact that Witcher 3 has non :( )
Imaging rowing out with the boat, Silent Hill like fog, and finding some old tern shooner full with rotten corpses. Which suddenly rise from the dead and begin attacking Geralt.

Top Bottom