MOO is the best expansion of 2019 - It broke my break!

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Hello dear fellow Forum dwellers, wish you all a Happy Christmas and Happy Holiday season! I want to open my reentry to the forum with a post about MOO and congratulate CDPR. I took a big break from Gwent before Iron Judgement dropped. Not because of the usual complaints from others (about the stale meta), but because I was too addicted to Gwent and it affected my personal and professional life. I bought the Iron Judgement premium pack and I wanted to play it after a few weeks of it being dropped. I logged in, but couldn't get myself to create a deck as I had to create one of the four decks (enslave, pincer maneuver, harmony, or wild card). I couldn't control myself and created an elf deck and played against AI. On its first turn, it used all its charges and I quit the game and uninstalled again. But all the while I followed up the forum as an anonymous uses (as if I login and open, I will spend a lot of time in replying).

Then, suddenly as a surprise MOO was dropped. My initial thought was "this should have been rushed like hell and the art should suck" *cough Betsy cough*. But how wrong I was? MOO has one of the BEST consistent art of all expansions IMHO. Matta, Feign Death, Saer Quan (just the art.. the card ability sucks though), Trained Hack etc were too damn pretty. With all the scenario and the faction stratagem, and the holiday around the corner, I wanted to try and ever since I am having a blast.

One more reason why I think MOO should be the most successful expansion is, it has depleted all my resources :p:p:p. When I bought Novigrad and Iron Judgement expansion pre-order packs, I did it solely to support the game. I didn't need to buy. But now, if an another expansion hits, I would have to buy or grind a lot to catch up. I had to animate Matta (simply one of the best animated cards), Feign Death (very little animation, but that triumphant smile on that lady elf is priceless), Vernossiel (not exceptional animation, but since she is trying to revive elves, I animated her), and few other cards and my MP was close to 0. I had to buy a lot of kegs and my ore got to 0. My scraps are close to 3k (I had 10+k). So, all in all, MOO should have been the best expansion for CDPR as with that people who had around 800+ hours in open beta would have got their resources from the GREAT MILL depleted.

Thank you CDPR for the amazing surprise expansion. It is well done and Congratulations for such a quality product. I wish your entire team a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

DRK3

Forum veteran
I agree, and i've expressed it here before - MoO was the smallest expansion of the year, and didnt get the hype buildup the others had, but it was the best expansion of the year.

However, my resources are still far from depleted. They're certainly lower than what they used to be, with expansions being released closer and closer, but still got 20k ore, 10k scraps and 2k powder - for now these are my "base values", i only spend if i have more than that.

Earlier this month i actually got to 0 reward points, filling one of the seasonal reward trees, but i've already pumped it back to 100 somehow (lots of big-time contracts i guess). And still have the 100 "accident base set kegs" i got from Crimson Curse, in case i desperately need some powder since i get a premium dupe guaranteed on each.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

Payus

Forum regular
I don't know what I did right but after all expansions I'm still up in all resources:
37k ore, 135k scraps and about 9k Mp. And I buy kegs in the hundreds each expansion XD

I really like this expansion too. I'd say iron judgement + MoO changed the game drastically, this time for the better. (for the most part)

• RED Point
Hello dear fellow Forum dwellers, wish you all a Happy Christmas and Happy Holiday season! I want to open my reentry to the forum with a post about MOO and congratulate CDPR. I took a big break from Gwent before Iron Judgement dropped. Not because of the usual complaints from others (about the stale meta), but because I was too addicted to Gwent and it affected my personal and professional life. I bought the Iron Judgement premium pack and I wanted to play it after a few weeks of it being dropped. I logged in, but couldn't get myself to create a deck as I had to create one of the four decks (enslave, pincer maneuver, harmony, or wild card). I couldn't control myself and created an elf deck and played against AI. On its first turn, it used all its charges and I quit the game and uninstalled again. But all the while I followed up the forum as an anonymous uses (as if I login and open, I will spend a lot of time in replying).

Then, suddenly as a surprise MOO was dropped. My initial thought was "this should have been rushed like hell and the art should suck" *cough Betsy cough*. But how wrong I was? MOO has one of the BEST consistent art of all expansions IMHO. Matta, Feign Death, Saer Quan (just the art.. the card ability sucks though), Trained Hack etc were too damn pretty. With all the scenario and the faction stratagem, and the holiday around the corner, I wanted to try and ever since I am having a blast.

One more reason why I think MOO should be the most successful expansion is, it has depleted all my resources :p:p:p. When I bought Novigrad and Iron Judgement expansion pre-order packs, I did it solely to support the game. I didn't need to buy. But now, if an another expansion hits, I would have to buy or grind a lot to catch up. I had to animate Matta (simply one of the best animated cards), Feign Death (very little animation, but that triumphant smile on that lady elf is priceless), Vernossiel (not exceptional animation, but since she is trying to revive elves, I animated her), and few other cards and my MP was close to 0. I had to buy a lot of kegs and my ore got to 0. My scraps are close to 3k (I had 10+k). So, all in all, MOO should have been the best expansion for CDPR as with that people who had around 800+ hours in open beta would have got their resources from the GREAT MILL depleted.

Thank you CDPR for the amazing surprise expansion. It is well done and Congratulations for such a quality product. I wish your entire team a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Good to 'see' You again! Welcome Back! Resources? I have enough, I think. 390 RP, 25k Ore, 305k Scraps and 27k Powder. And the duplicates in my collection.

• RED Point
MoO has good looking cards. I got the strong impression that several cards from MoO are actually from cancelled Witcher Tales. I'm missing a story behind them.

Unfortunately MoO is another expansion that introduces more unbalanced OP stuff, mindless point slam tier 1 decks and also more binary gambling (Poison, Destroy, Scenario-artifacts) instead of strategic, calculative play. I've had enough of this. Let's see if the quality of gameplay really gets improved in 2020.

rrc

Forum veteran
I agree, and i've expressed it here before - MoO was the smallest expansion of the year, and didnt get the hype buildup the others had, but it was the best expansion of the year.

However, my resources are still far from depleted. They're certainly lower than what they used to be, with expansions being released closer and closer, but still got 20k ore, 10k scraps and 2k powder - for now these are my "base values", i only spend if i have more than that.

Earlier this month i actually got to 0 reward points, filling one of the seasonal reward trees, but i've already pumped it back to 100 somehow (lots of big-time contracts i guess). And still have the 100 "accident base set kegs" i got from Crimson Curse, in case i desperately need some powder since i get a premium dupe guaranteed on each.
I usually craft cards and animate them even if I don't or won't use them if the art is nice.. For example, I crafted premium versions of many SK cards even thought I never played SK. If I had been resource savvy, I could be having a lot of resources,I agree. But no where near 20k ores! Good to interact with you again @DRK3!
I don't know what I did right but after all expansions I'm still up in all resources:
37k ore, 135k scraps and about 9k Mp. And I buy kegs in the hundreds each expansion XD

I really like this expansion too. I'd say iron judgement + MoO changed the game drastically, this time for the better. (for the most part)
Probably you had 1000+ hours in open-beta! That is insane amount of resources after 4 expansions!
Good to 'see' You again! Welcome Back! Resources? I have enough, I think. 390 RP, 25k Ore, 305k Scraps and 27k Powder. And the duplicates in my collection.
305k scraps!?! 27k powder?? That is insane! Probably you never used them after HC to transmutate the cards?
MoO has good looking cards. I got the strong impression that several cards from MoO are actually from cancelled Witcher Tales. I'm missing a story behind them.

Unfortunately MoO is another expansion that introduces more unbalanced OP stuff, mindless point slam tier 1 decks and also more binary gambling (Poison, Destroy, Scenario-artifacts) instead of strategic, calculative play. I've had enough of this. Let's see if the quality of gameplay really gets improved in 2020.
I agree sadly @Archan6el. Every expansion introduces insanely powerful cards which should be part of any strong meta decks (Matta for example). But this expansion did some justice by enabling Elfs, Seige machines, Deathwish, Poison (unfortunately), and Druids which made some dead cards seeing play.

305k scraps!?! 27k powder?? That is insane! Probably you never used them after HC to transmutate the cards?

At the beginning of HC I had 900k scraps...I made a full premium collection with scraps, then bought some Ultimate Premium Kegs with scraps (it was a mistake, I will never do that again) and played a lot. I'm at Prestige 6, if I open Kegs I get Premium Card(s) too. I animate cards, but I never go under 25k Powder. I want a full premium collection and I have to animate 62 cards to reach my goal.

Top Bottom