Moon dust bug

+
Moon dust bug

Hey guys, I acquired the recipe for enhanced moon dust and moon dust. When I make moon dust the option to make enhanced moon dust seems to disappear. Anyone having this issue?

Ok I seem to have found a solution. It seems to disappear if you don't make them at the same time (say for example exiting the crafting menu to buy more materials). You have to craft them at the same time, as in without leaving the menu otherwise the option to create enhanced moon dust will disappear.

Yeah definitely a bug, It appears that after crafting moon dust and enhanced moon dust you can still make moon dust. This basically means that you end up with 5 moon dust bombs (2 normal 3 enhanced). Note when I look into my crafting menu it only shows the option for moon dust (says I already have this instead of saying I have the enhanced version).

---------- Post merged on 23-05-2015 at 03:04 AM ----------

Any word on fixes for this bug? It's really taking me out of the game to have a part of my equipment bugged like this as I'm not sure I can upgrade it past enhanced now.

I found the same bug, however I had bought the moon dust pattern awhile ago and made it and then when I came across the enhanced moon dust pattern and bought it it just never showed in my alchemy list.

Yes, we are aware of the recipes bug and we are trying to figure out where it's coming from.

If it helps, here's what I noticed:

I got the Enhanced Moon Dust first, the original second.

As soon as I created the original Moon Dust, the Enhanced Moon Dust would disappear if I exited the menu.

After creating the Enhanced Moon Dust, it still shows the original Moon Dust, unlike all of the others, which no longer show the original.

I feel like there's an issue where if you get the Enhanced second, it somehow thinks that the Enhanced is the original and vice-versa, so after you make the original it removes the Enhanced the way it would remove the original?

Anyway so I was able to make Enhanced, but the original is still on my screen.

The bug seems to affect northern wind and moon dust. The solution to craft higher levels one is this, drop you moon and northern wind bombs which destroys them. Ten the recipes appear and to get higher levels on this bomb you have to craft them in one go IE you cannot leave the alchemy screen. So collect the ingredients etc and then keep crafting moon dust and northern wind straight to superior or higher if available.

Yes I can confirm that this affects Enhanced and Superior versions of Norhtern Wind and Moon Dust. We are working on fixing the display issue.

Yes, we closed fix for that yesterday and I was informed that it's going to be included in 1.05

I have the same issue with moon dust, although with the superior version (I made the enhanced version at the same time as the standard version) - oh and to add to the fun, somehow I was able to make the standard version a 2nd time after the enhanced version, so I now have 2 versions in my inventory.

Yes, we closed fix for that yesterday and I was informed that it's going to be included in 1.05

<-- on 1.06 and it still happens (with Northern Wind at least)

I am certain I got the Enhanced recipe after having found and crafted the base one. I then proceeded to craft the enhanced bomb, and instead of disappearing the base one was available for crafting again. I crafted it again and now I have both versions in my inventory but only the base recipe in my alchemy list.

---------- Updated at 05:32 PM ----------

I think I have found the problem... and the solution.

I unpacked the xml.bundle file on the content0/bundles folder and (inside the def_item_alchemy_recipes_petards.xml file) I found that the each potion listed has a "level" property, and while most are correctly tagged as 1,2 or 3 (base, enhanced, superior) there's a few that are not: Silver Dust and White Frost (I'm guessing those were the names being used for "Moon Dust" and "Northern Wind" while you guys were developing the game).

In any case, I've made judicious use of quickbms to unpack and repack the damn thing and I can confirm that fixing those variable assignments solves the issue for both bombs.

Hope this helps you guys patch it, officially.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom