Moonblade, I don't want to go back!

+
Moonblade, I don't want to go back!

so I want this silver sword Moonblade after I heard it could be imported to W2 but I missed killing that Alghoul in the crypt in chapter 1.

Anyone know a cheat/mod on how to get it?

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/246/?

gives you the sword.

Or you can get from the Dentist? Did you do the tooth quest?

dragonbird said:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/246/?

gives you the sword.

Or you can get from the Dentist? Did you do the tooth quest?

The Dentist only gives the steel Mahakaman Rune Sihil. To get the silver Moonblade, you will need to edit or use the mod.

guipit said:
Is there a way to get all swords from W1 to W2 in save import?

No, just the ones you're equipped with at the end. Most are nerfed anyway, except for Moonblade. My "standard import" is Moonblade and the Sihil. The Sihil doesn't last long, but Moonblade takes you right through the first chapter.

guipit said:
Is there a way to get all swords from W1 to W2 in save import?

You can put one of the swords in the additional sword slot on your character, and it will carry over to Witcher 2. So you can have 3 imported swords.

It's not very difficult to add in all W1 swords to W2 (all the importable ones, anyway; there are some which simply don't exist in W2), but as ryannberg said you can only bring 3 from the save import. Adding more swords requires some very simple modding which you could probably request someone on the forums to do.

Old and answered question but I thought I would throw this in here in case anyone else experienced it.

When I first played the Witcher, I finished with Aerondight, Gwalhir and D'yaebl. I missed out on Moonblade and Rune Sihil. When I imported my game, I recieved my three swords AND a Rune Sihil. I didn't know about this sword or Moonblade so I thought my Mahakaman Rune Dagger received a weird upgrade.

My only guess is the import treated my dagger like a sword. Anyone here of this happening? Would be a cool way to start the game off with 3 cool swords if only their stats weren't so icky.

Actually you can get all of them in Witcher 2 with Mysterious merchant mod. But they will be like ordinary swords anyway.

Moonblade's not as good as Aerondight anyway. It may look like it at first glance, but if you really look at the stats it's not.

It says that Aerondight is +60% damage and +10% attack (the first I understood is the increase to the actual amount of damage dealt with the base calculation, and the second is increase of probability of the hit, but I may be mistaken). Plus it has +%50 better chances of special attacks.

Moonblade is +100% damage. So I'm not sure if either of them is clearly better than another. Each has different pluses.

Aerondight has lower damage, but a 50% (which is pretty high) chance of precise hits. It also has: Pain + 50%, Blinding +50%, and Incineration +50%. All of that put together makes it better than Moonblade's + 100% damage.

Aerondight has lower damage, but a 50% (which is pretty high) chance of precise hits. It also has: Pain + 50%, Blinding +50%, and Incineration +50%. All of that put together makes it better than Moonblade's + 100% damage.

Unless you're using it on immune enemies. Moonblade is more effective against wraiths, which are numerous in Act 5. Other than that, you're right; Aerondight is overall better.

I usually get a silver rune sword in Act 4 and stash it before getting Aerondight; at the start of Act 5, I stash Aerondight and take the rune sword. When I get Moonblade, I have to drop the rune sword; sorry, Coën. Then at the start of the Epilogue, I can stash Moonblade and take Aerondight.

And yes, if you are packing a Mahakaman Rune Dagger in the save you import to TW2, it will become the Mahakaman Rune Sihil.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure PH and incineration are still applicable to wraiths though....

You're right, they're not immune to incineration, but sword-inflicted incineration isn't likely enough even at +50% to be worth it. Precise Hit isn't much use if you're carrying the Holy Salt from the Hermit, because wraiths won't gang up on you. Moonblade makes very fast work of them.

Quite a necro-posting, but...
I've missed killing the ghoul by the river in Act 1. In case I edit the save file to mark this quest finished, would the Huntsman still count it as a turned in item? I'm planning to do that right before talking to him the last time during Act 5.

UPD: I've collected my last monster part, edited the save file (unpacked, swapped quest script from a save that has the mob quest completed in Act 1, packed back up). The huntsman had no corresponding dialogue option even after I have turned the head in. So save editing doesn't really help you in case you have already missed an earlier quest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom