Moonlight Unseen Elder

+
Moonlight Unseen Elder

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/38481-moonlight-elder

Foglets are Sirens.
Works pretty well at around 20 rank(50% win rate). With some tweeks I think it could push 4500.
Still there are situations where you draw garbage and there's nothing you can do.
However, vs the common buff the crap out of your board meta we seem to have it's quite nice.

dude...why don't you run Nekurat? It's THE card to have in those decks! :eek:

Other than that, seems like an ok deck. I'd focus more on one aspect of moonlight if I were you. Either full moon or blood moon (not that blood moon works really :p )

3 Moonlights seem to be enough, really. I agree that Blood Moon isn't awesome in all cases but it is against swarms and it's quite a surprise factor since people don't play this type of deck almost at all. Of course this isn't a deck to get to 4500. By no means. It's just my take on the moonlight arch type which I've noticed it is so very underrepresented.

Werewolf Moonlight (also known as full moon) is quite a strong deck actually, very powerful and definitely suitable for competitive matches too. Granted it's not NG Spies, or a Top Tier generally but I'd classify it as Tier 2 still. Blood Moon is just fun deck to play with its only real usefulness being to counter swarm decks.

I prefer to run a full moon deck, so I run no Trolls, replacing them with werewolves and Alphas. Draug + Ruehin + Yennefer can be a very powerful finisher, especially with Woodland Spirit and the Alpha werewolves spamming the hell out of the board with wolf tokens :) On the other hand, I doubt your Villentretenmerth sees too much use, considering Werewolves are strong and get buffed under moonlight, not to mention you run Unseen Elder. You might end up scorching your own targets.

I would also replace Caretaker with Ge'els. If you run any more wolves, swapping Manticore for Ruehin is going to give you slightly more points, while with Draug, it is a must. Dorregaray is more RNG, I've tried it in my Blood Moon deck, when it works, it's great, usually it doesn't and it sucks though. The Crones are good for generating early tempo because like every weather deck (be it full moon or blood moon), your main problem is that you are vulnerable during short rounds.

Other than that, there's not much to say. It's up to personal preference. You will lose in the mirror matches if your opponent runs Nekurat though. In the mirror, the one with the most moonlights available wins.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sorry to barge in, but that Werewolf that boosts under moonlight is BULLSHIT. That 'immune' caught me offguard and made me attack my own unit. I had already seen the Immune on the new Leader, which makes sense, but found it weird on a bronze unit.

i checked the deck builder for the tag, and found out the werewolf and the Arachas Queen are the ONLY 2 immune cards in the game. But it's ridiculous this level of protection a bronze card can have - cant be damaged, cant be reset, cant even be artefact compressed... Im assuming it can only be scorched since you dont actually have to click on the damn card.

Not even when the gold cards were immune did they have this level of protection. Can someone please justify why that werewolf isnt ridiculously OP?

DRK3;n10082501 said:
Sorry to barge in, but that Werewolf that boosts under moonlight is BULLSHIT. That 'immune' caught me offguard and made me attack my own unit. I had already seen the Immune on the new Leader, which makes sense, but found it weird on a bronze unit.

i checked the deck builder for the tag, and found out the werewolf and the Arachas Queen are the ONLY 2 immune cards in the game. But it's ridiculous this level of protection a bronze card can have - cant be damaged, cant be reset, cant even be artefact compressed... Im assuming it can only be scorched since you dont actually have to click on the damn card.

Not even when the gold cards were immune did they have this level of protection. Can someone please justify why that werewolf isnt ridiculously OP?

Probably because the archtype isn't that strong to start with. Sure it's a 14 point bronze, but it requires you to play a 4 point siren to proc. So you have 3x WW, 3x Siren, 3x Moonlight and what else? No other bronzes seem that good or synergistic with the combination.

You need the wolf or a situation where your opponent passes after you deploy moonlight and play another card is highly likely.
Imagine I go first. I put moonlight down on my row with siren. You play a card for a 12+ swing. There are many. Mostly silvers, some bronzes too. Now what do I do? If i play something for less that 10+ you will just pass and my moonlight will be wasted and I win by going 2 cards down. The werewolf protects me against that.

It can be Scorched and D- Bombed. In general you can target adjacent units and it's vulnerable to un-targeted damage/removal (so arachas venom and crow's eye will hit it). But it's not that strong. With the power creep, every card is worth 11 - 13 points, even the lowest bronzes. The werewolf is 14 under Moonlight. Immunity compensates for that. If you were caught off guard, it's not the card's fault, it's clearly written on its description that it is "immune" with the tag meaning "this unit cannot be targeted".

Like every weather deck, the moonlight deck only profits from long rounds. It is at a disadvantage at generating tempo early.

No other bronzes seem that good or synergistic with the combination.

Alpha Werewolves. They are not too strong but they activate your finisher (yennefer)

DRK3

Forum veteran
ser2440;n10085601 said:
It can be Scorched and D- Bombed. In general you can target adjacent units and it's vulnerable to un-targeted damage/removal (so arachas venom and crow's eye will hit it). But it's not that strong. With the power creep, every card is worth 11 - 13 points, even the lowest bronzes. The werewolf is 14 under Moonlight. Immunity compensates for that. If you were caught off guard, it's not the card's fault, it's clearly written on its description that it is "immune" with the tag meaning "this unit cannot be targeted".

Like every weather deck, the moonlight deck only profits from long rounds. It is at a disadvantage at generating tempo early.

Alpha Werewolves. They are not too strong but they activate your finisher (yennefer)

Oh ok, so there are more things that can hit it than i thought. Crows eye, Dbomb, and some spells that hit multiple ones. Can you tell me if i put weather on that row where the werewolf is, does it go back to being 7 pts, and does it get damaged by weather?

Cut a siren, replace with another werewolf (either), put nekurat in for one of the silvers... then you can push one more moonlight, but don't get hurt by wasteful sirens if you can't mulligan away a spare moonlight

Top Bottom