More Animations From "V"

+
I love everything I saw in the demo, however, I would love to SEE more animations from V as she interacts with the world.

The game world looks fantastic, the combat is off the charts, the driving seems to have received proper attention, BUT... you don't see much of V and how she interacts with the world. You see a camera walking around when V has a gun holstered (which is like any and all first person worlds/shooters) but that's it. I know CD Projekt Red takes pride in making unique, gripping stories with worlds that pull and draw you in. In the demo I didn't get the complete sensation that I was V in every circumstance.

I can understand how many, many fans are frustrated because the studio elected to not include TPP and make this strictly a FPP game. I was one of those people but after watching the demo I have been sold on their vision and intention. I get it. It's all about being V and taking in the grandeur of the dystopian society and feeling small under the mega corporate skyscrapers. Makes sense. I would just like to see V interact with the world. She interacts, it's present throughout the demo, true, but we don't actually see her doing it; no hands, no arms, extends from the camera when she interacts. I believe there's a difference in FPP when you're just a walking camera vs. you see this person interacting with the world all the time.

What I think fans would like to see:

1. When V retrieved the soda from the soda machine; Instead of putting a cursor over it and watching it disappear in her inventory, what if we actually see V extend her arm, grab, and pull it back onto her person or drinks it in that moment.
2. Elevator. Instead of putting the cursor (small white dot in the middle of the screen) over the button, what if when you select a floor you see V's finger go to push it.
3. V's Apartment. When going into her weapon closet what if instead of V you just see the camera go over the gun, how about you see V grab the gun and then place it on her person.
4. In the demo you see V go to her wardrobe and take the high-tech jacket, but we ACTUALLY didn't see it. What if we see V physically extend her arms out to remove it from her closet.

In other words, more animations from V extending her arms out to deal with day-to-day interactions like choosing and taking clothes from her wardrobe closet, grabbing sodas from a vending machine, or gun from her weapons room will all have a incredibly positive impact in how we enjoy and take on the persona of V.

More examples of fleshing this out would be if V goes to eat something (i.e. vendor, in her apartment, restaurant, etc.), and seeing see her arm extend to pick it up and then bring it to her face or place in her bag for future use? If there's a weapon on the floor can we see her actually grab it and pick it up? (Never understood why in some RPGs when you grab/pick up loot it's always a matter of standing over it, selecting it, then watching it magically disappear :/). These things will bring the character of V to life much more significantly.

All of this may seem inconsequential but I believe it will make the immersion factor more real, believable, immersive while appeasing players who love TPP and will not see their character for the majority of the game unless in special circumstances like a car or watching cinematics. Whenever i see this in FPP games like Thief, Far Cry, etc. it really makes me feel as though I'm embodying the character. Also I easily forget about that I'm not playing in TPP because I feel fully invested and enveloped in the main character.

Hopefully this is something you guys would consider since you're still in the middle of production. So, yeah the more I SEE of V interacting with the world, the better, and I'm sure plenty of fans feel the same way. Other than that, Great job with the game! Excited!

Last edited:
I would like to see more interactive animation with the environment and objects, too.

I would like to see more unique reloading with weapons.

Post automatically merged:

Speaking of animations, I feel like CDPR has this already down, I think heavy enemies should stagger based on your equipped perk level. The higher the perk is the more the heavy/boss enemy will lose his/her poise. I think this is a basic thing they've already thought about, but I'm just putting it out there.

Last edited:
I love everything I saw in the demo, however, I would love to SEE more animations from V as she interacts with the world.

The game world looks fantastic, the combat is off the charts, the driving seems to have received proper attention, BUT... you don't see much of V and how she interacts with the world. You see a camera walking around when V has a gun holstered (which is like any and all first person worlds/shooters) but that's it. I know CD Projekt Red takes pride in making unique, gripping stories with worlds that pull and draw you in. In the demo I didn't get the complete sensation that I was V in every circumstance.

I can understand how many, many fans are frustrated because the studio elected to not include TPP and make this strictly a FPP game. I was one of those people but after watching the demo I have been sold on their vision and intention. I get it. It's all about being V and taking in the grandeur of the dystopian society and feeling small under the mega corporate skyscrapers. Makes sense. I would just like to see V interact with the world. She interacts, it's present throughout the demo, true, but we don't actually see her doing it; no hands, arms, extends from the camera when she interacts. I believe there's a difference in FPP when you're just a walking camera vs. you see this person interacting with the world all the time.

What would I think fans would like to see:

1. When V retrieved the soda from soda machine. Instead of putting a cursor over it selecting it and watch it disappear, what about if actually see V arm extends, grab, and pulls it back onto her person or drinks it in that moment.
2. Elevator. Instead of putting the cursor (small white dot in the middle of the screen) over the button, what if when you select a floor you see V's finger go to push it.
3. V's Apartment. When going into her weapon closet what if instead of V you just see the camera go over the gun, how about you see V grab the gun and then place it on her person.
4. In the demo you see V go to her wardrobe and take the high-tech jacket, but we ACTUALLY didn't see it. What if we see V physically extend her arms out to remove it from her closet.

In other words, more animations from V extending her arms out to deal with day-to-day interactions like choosing and taking her clothes, soda from vending machine, or gun from her weapons closet will play a significant role in how we enjoy the game.

More example of fleshing this out would be if V goes to eat something (i.e. vendor, in her apartment, restaurant, etc.), and seeing see her arm extend to pick it up and then bring it to her face or place in her bag for future use? If there's a weapon on the floor can we see her actually grab it and pick it up? (Never understood why in some RPGs when you grab/pick up loot it's always a matter of standing over it, selecting it, then watching it magically disappear :/).

All of this may seem inconsequential but I believe it will make the immersion factor more real, believable, immersive while appeasing players who love TPP and will not see their character for the majority of the game unless in special circumstances like a car or watching cinematics. Whenever i see this in FPP games like Thief, Far Cry, etc. it really makes me feel as though I'm embodying the character. Also I easily forget about that I'm not playing in TPP because I feel fully invested and enveloped in the main character.

Hopefully this is something you guys would consider since you're still in the middle of production. So, yeah the more I SEE of V interacting with the world, the better, and I'm sure plenty of fans feel the same way. Other than that, Great job with the game! Excited!

Completely agree with you , those animation should be a standard in every RPG game .

I also think we need more realistic Animation after a jump , like i said ... in the demo from minute 27:45 to 27:50 that part looks unnatural to me , i really hope for Less stiff animation instead of this static floating effect when jumping .

Last edited:
I'm guessing they will polish the animation side later, in the trailer V knocks out a gang member with a gentle hug

This bothered me as well. The one exception I can think of is when V grabs the cred chip from Stout. We actually see her reach out and take it. I would much prefer if that kind of thing happened outside of conversations as well. Would really add a lot to the immersion.

I think they can't just work on "more animations"... consistency plays a big part in the final result of the game, so it's either every animation or "no animations" like now... and that's a really big work to do

I think they can't just work on "more animations"... consistency plays a big part in the final result of the game, so it's either every animation or "no animations" like now... and that's a really big work to do

Not true. If you go back and watch the demo, there are select moments and interactions where the company elected, "let's do a V hand and arm animation" when, for example, at the end she takes an enemy down pulls the hacking cable from her arm, places it into his head, and hacks into their neural-gang network. Also earlier when V found the augmented woman, she performed a similar action to summon the TT ambulance support.

It's not a black and white thing; plus they're still heavily deep in production so anything can happen between now and release which they made clear several times.

We still need to be vocal about what is wrong with the game right now.

I just realized that we can see some of this animation in the trailer of E3 :

also here the screenshot :
Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (25).png
so i hope to see some of this in game .
Another thing that in my opinion would be great in the game is ...in the first 20 seconds of the trailer where you can see how the male V go through the crowd in the train , i would like to see that sort of animation while we move in the city through people.

I was thinking about games like assassin's creed - Uncharted which have this movement action .
Again , i'm sorry if i wrote something wrong in English:LOL:

Last edited:
Yeah the movement animation was lacking a bit, I am a bit more accustomed to things like Mirrors Edge and if there is a crowd of people that is REALLY close to me, my body would react to it. I think the suggestion is definitely good but I have the feeling that this is something they are already working on. I expect more animations to come down the road.

I think most fun/useless animations are the weapon inspect of csgo. Nothing like playing with your knife or deagle or cz.
So yeah i dont know if theyr already in in some form as we saw in demo, but they get my vote!

Anyway some cool/fun/useless animation would do wonder. But i think they already got all mo-cap done anyway.
Like with the cord used to connect to bio-monitoring/hacking ?

Last edited:
The double jump and all that weird jumping and dashing really feels unrealistic and kinda breaks immersion. Same thing for gunplay tbh

I would like to see more interactive animation with the environment and objects, too.

I would like to see more unique reloading with weapons.

Speaking of animations, I feel like CDPR has this already down, I think heavy enemies should stagger based on your equipped perk level. The higher the perk is the more the heavy/boss enemy will lose his/her poise. I think this is a basic thing they've already thought about, but I'm just putting it out there.

Yes! Cyberpunk 2077 is all about how cool you are while doing stuff, so definitely should have flashy show-off animations for almost everything.

Completely agree with you , those animation should be a standard in every RPG game .

I also think we need more realistic Animation after a jump , like i said ... in the demo from minute 27:45 to 27:50 that part looks unnatural to me , i really hope for Less stiff animation instead of this static floating effect when jumping .
_
_
Yes, i agree, the animations when landing from a jump should be less stiff, need to have a certain height threshold, when the threshold is reached, V should extend her arms, the camera should rotate downwards and have her smack her hands on the ground to absorb the impact, with emitted dust particles and maybe even crack the ground if it's from very very high and remove like 5% of her HP for it.

In the beginning of the demo, V waved an old lady back to her apartment, right before hitting the snatchers hideout. That attention to details...

Need to see more of that V hand animation, she need's to talk a lot with her arms and whatever other bodyparts we can see in FPP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom