More Animations From "V"

+
I'd like to see such animations as well although I don't find them necessary. I'm only worried about motion sicness. I personally prefer fpp games and played a lot of those but when I remind myself latest Thief with all those pickpocketing animations making the camera zoom in and out over and over again, even I felt bad from it after 30 min of gameplay. So everything depends of how often such animations would take place. In Thief game where you constatly grab some loot it was not very good idea.

The double jump and all that weird jumping and dashing really feels unrealistic and kinda breaks immersion. Same thing for gunplay tbh

Hopefully they explain the double jumping and dashing through cyberware augmentations from the ripperdoc, otherwise it's very weird to just be there, yes.

Hopefully they explain the double jumping and dashing through cyberware augmentations from the ripperdoc, otherwise it's very weird to just be there, yes.
They already confirmed the double jump will have and explanation behind it . It was confirmed on this forum. Its not something that people of night city can do. They can because of cyberware. He also said they wont do shit like this and explain it with ''cybermagic''

It is My assumption that V is going to be used and an alias for both male and female characters. It is my hope that all letters throughout the alphabet can be viable options for an alias
Post automatically merged:

They already confirmed the double jump will have and explanation behind it . It was confirmed on this forum. Its not something that people of night city can do. They can because of cyberware. He also said they wont do shit like this and explain it with ''cybermagic''

It seems unfair of you to question to the (unoticed the true depth of his question) the deep explanation as to how physically not only through cyberwear this is possible. Hitting a golf ball doesnt just mean the ball can travel a long distance. There has to be a reason as to how. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Last edited:
I think contextual hand animation is what will separate this game from others in the FPP genre. CD Projekt Red wants to do something unprecedented and ambitious by creating an open-world Cyberpunk that transplant you to NIght City and imbue it with life. The FPP is staying and not going anywhere so I hope they will invest more time and dedication in injecting the character V with life by giving her/him more animations as you explore and interact with the world as her. Otherwise, it will look no different than any other FPP or FPS game when you're moving around as this faceless camera.

If you listen closely at that point where V double jumps on those containers in the demo you can hear a booster noise when V double jump, You can hear it when Jackie jumps as well. So I assume it's a booster augment of some kind.

I was thinking about somethings like GTA hands animation , but not limited to just our home / apartment .

I want be able to do that almost everywhere ;
smoking whenever i want .
Also using elevator , opening doors with a complete animation !

I think it would be super cool to do that in game 😁

Repeatable mundane task animations will gets old really fast. There should be a turn on/off option for those animations if they do put them in.

Imagine...
  • Opening refrigerator door as V and watching him/her grab soda or food and consuming
  • Actually turning on the radio by seeing his/her extend from the camera and changing the dial
  • Opening and Closing Doors by pushing/pulling it in a fast motion
  • Entering an elevator and actually seeing the character press the button to select a floor
  • High-intense combat - V can quickly (fast animation) picks up weapon and use it
  • Deep/Light Social system - can interact with random peds via emotes (waving hi, bye, flirting, complimenting, etc...)
  • And the list goes on...
My point to the CD Projekt Red team is all about creating a higher level of immersion with the character. I literally want to see her interact with the world and not just metaphorically or figuratively either. I want to see V hands reach out from the camera to interact with various objects and NPCs in the game and not just by hovering the cursor over something via the first-person camera and watching V magically interact with it.

I'm kind of fatigued with games, specifically FPP doing that whenever picking an item up from off the ground (i.e. Fallout and all of the Bethesda games) vs. creating animations that show actually show your character doing these things. Again, I'm pretty confident fans and press/media alike would greatly appreciate this added layer and dedication to realism and immersion. I feel like at least the studio can go a littler deep with this since the goal is to be fully dedicated to the FPP in a multitude of ways.
Post automatically merged:

I was thinking about somethings like GTA hands animation , but not limited to just our home / apartment .

I want be able to do that almost everywhere ;
smoking whenever i want .
Also using elevator , opening doors with a complete animation !

I think it would be super cool to do that in game 😁
Perfect this is exactly what I was talking about CD Projekt!!! (y)(y)(y):giggle::D(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
I have an idia this game is first person then it is good to leaning your gun when you aiming or when you dont aiming.

lol maybe they need to make a vid about just FPP ? with of course , added more animations ..cose I for one find them lacking . I'm all for FPP , but I would love to get more hand on everything . And not be that boring generic 'hand holding gun walking in tunnel'..which is what you think if you rarely play FPP games .

So yeah , I want to see V interact with stuff . Alot of stuff , not click 'open' or click' pick up....

and I'm not saying this to turn it into a debate about FPP...I just though if they make a showcase about it , it would show more then just the FPP..but the immersion and interaction and pretty much the strengh of the engine (if possible) . Since the Vid we had so far , had alot of different stuff .

lol maybe they need to make a vid about just FPP ? with of course , added more animations ..cose I for one find them lacking . I'm all for FPP , but I would love to get more hand on everything . And not be that boring generic 'hand holding gun walking in tunnel'..which is what you think if you rarely play FPP games .

So yeah , I want to see V interact with stuff . Alot of stuff , not click 'open' or click' pick up....

and I'm not saying this to turn it into a debate about FPP...I just though if they make a showcase about it , it would show more then just the FPP..but the immersion and interaction and pretty much the strengh of the engine (if possible) . Since the Vid we had so far , had alot of different stuff .

Yeah I think this will bring to life V in a whole new way, especially as you walk around V's apartment on/off mission. Imagine all of the interactive scenarios: being able to go to sleep on V's bed (animations plays out and skips time forward), turning on the radio and sitting on a chair to take in the view outside, taking a shower, using the bathroom, brushing teeth, grabbing food out the refrigerator, etc.

And the list goes on! I would love for them to take V's FPP to the next level.

And not locked in the animations during fights as well. Like that cable hacking part. I hate it as games lock u in when ur being shot at and ur stuck in this changing the cables mode.

Or sometimes ur in a sword play and either u cant move so enemies will either a) attack u and u die horribly after or b) wait till u finish ur kill animation lol

And not locked in the animations during fights as well. Like that cable hacking part. I hate it as games lock u in when ur being shot at and ur stuck in this changing the cables mode.

Or sometimes ur in a sword play and either u cant move so enemies will either a) attack u and u die horribly after or b) wait till u finish ur kill animation lol

Yeah. I don't think CDPR will let any animation get in the way of the fluidity in the game. Really hope they continue to expand on the animations we'll see from V.

No thanks. Having animations for every little thing gets tedious fast, to me anyway.
Like many other things it'd be fine to have behind a toggle, though.

I tried a mod that added a bunch of such animations to Witcher 3, but uninstalled pretty quickly.

No thanks. Having animations for every little thing gets tedious fast, to me anyway.
Like many other things it'd be fine to have behind a toggle, though.

I tried a mod that added a bunch of such animations to Witcher 3, but uninstalled pretty quickly.
I have to agree with that last bit. After installing an animation mod for Skyrim, I had to speed up the animations b/c they took so long, and toggle some off.

While there should be more animations, there's a balance between making it annoying to do things b/c you don't want to go through the animation cycle, but still making it feel immersive.

would be nice if you guys put some Vid to show how much is too much .

I think more animation would help in general , but also get us to connect with our character (since FPP view) . For those who aren't used to that...it be nice to be reminded we have a character mid game...instead of forgetting we do .

Like Alien Isolation maybe ? that wasn't too much..was it ?

Top Bottom