More Animations From "V"

+
No thanks. Having animations for every little thing gets tedious fast, to me anyway.
Like many other things it'd be fine to have behind a toggle, though.

I tried a mod that added a bunch of such animations to Witcher 3, but uninstalled pretty quickly.

Yeah for every little thing it will probably get tedious but not if it's done wisely. I just believe CDPR Red has to be judicious in how how they spread the physical interactivity (aka hand animations) with V.

But I disagree to the extent that having it is bad because evidently they think it looks good since such animations already exist in the game. They show this several times depending on what V was doing in the demo, i.e., jacking into someone's neural network, gesturing to the old lady to get back in her apt., and so forth. Throughout it they controlled and elected when to have V perform those animations. I don't think it will be a problem if they add more, especially while V is hanging out in her apartment and interacting with various objects. In fact it would look very cool and more immersive!

Plus the studio spoke a lot about immersion in interviews and feeling like you're in the world. If anything, this would be a good, welcomed, and encouraged feature to see in the game. Many, including myself, want to feel as V as much as possible. Whatever they can do to enhance this is greatly supported and appreciated. :)

Last edited:
For example, would love to see more hand animations stemming from the FPP that shows V picking up jackets from her wardrobe; you know - like actually seeing and doing it, instead of hovering a cursor over it and watch it magically disappear in front of you to be placed in your inventory.

It always puzzle me why I don't see more devs doing that. I imagine because the lack of animators or programmers to actually execute it because it could be strenuous work. However, implementing more animations in games I always see as a good thing and if anything an aspect that fans would welcome as oppose to not welcoming.

i Heard that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be also playable in FPP ... not 100 % about this , but if thats the case then i'm really curious to see how many animation they will have in FPP , Because in every news i read journalists keep saying that you ( your character ) have animations for almost everything .

Till now we saw this animations only in third person :
entering a saloon , drinking , playing poker , fishing , changing weapon from your horse's bag and also contextual animation for saying "HI" -good bye - f** y** ( XD ) etc...

but if it's true that game is also in FPP with all this animations included , i really hope CDPR will do the same with Cyberpunk 2077
For me the credibility of the game universe prevails over everything :giggle:
sry for that rough english :ROFLMAO:

i Heard that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be also playable in FPP ... not 100 % about this , but if thats the case then i'm really curious to see how many animation they will have in FPP , Because in every news i read journalists keep saying that you ( your character ) have animations for almost everything .

Till now we saw this animations only in third person :
entering a saloon , drinking , playing poker , fishing , changing weapon from your horse's bag and also contextual animation for saying "HI" -good bye - f** y** ( XD ) etc...

but if it's true that game is also in FPP with all this animations included , i really hope CDPR will do the same with Cyberpunk 2077
For me the credibility of the game universe prevails over everything :giggle:
sry for that rough english :ROFLMAO:

I'm extremely confident, (if the first person in GTA V is anything to go by) that everything you can do in TPP within RDR2 will be available and performed in the alternate perspective as well. R* don't do half-efforts. I'm sure CD PROJEKT RED is considering all of this.

I believe that more PC animations (if you trigger them with keyboard inputs) would be meaningless, but what if :

- When you wave your hand at an NPC, it does bring an "hello" information to A.I., so there is a true interaction and the NPC can react back, depending on what person it is.

Let's say you wave your middle finger instead (more fun).
- A cop would yell you "down on your knees" and put you a bill for verbal abuse of an agent.
- A citizen would react differently, either it feels impressed by your STR and COOL or not. Either avoiding contact, like walking to the other side of the street, or get into trouble with you "you're talking to ME ?!"
- A punk would more likely take that for a "hello" input and be happy with it "Yeah, fuck you too bro !"
- A gang member, especially those who have a problem with you, will draw their weapons on the street and shoot.

What do you think ?

So , here I come from DOWNTOWN trying to rise up this thread once again xD

I just saw some animation about the First person perspective of Red dead redemption 2 , as I said plenty of times before i think we really need this kind of stuff in Cyberpunk 2077 .

What do you guys think ?

First video is about looting , the second is about drinking and smoking .
But there are also animation for eating ,opening doors ( saloon in this particular case ) , pat animals , and grabbing weapons ;
but i don't have the game so i couldn't find any of this on the web

so here it is ( click on it ):
Hands animation for looting

Smoking and drinking

In First person there are also Contextual animation !

Nope. No. A thousand times no. That is nothing but a time filler, watching him slowly pick up stuff like an invalid. When it comes to looting, you should click on something, it goes into your inventory. The end.

OK , I see you don't like the looting animation , but what do you think about the other clip ?
I agree with that point, too. We should have appreciation moments for fun stuff, drinking, etc...
And getting more "arcade" when it comes to repetitive stuff like grabbing items quickly, etc.

If they spend time making a bunch of small animations that's development time that could have been spent on creating more features/quests/whatever.

I'd take more/cooler features over being able to watch V drink a soda..................

If they spend time making a bunch of small animations that's development time that could have been spent on creating more features/quests/whatever.

I'd take more/cooler features over being able to watch V drink a soda..................

I mean ... they started working on cyberpunk 2077 almost 6 years ago , i think they could add at least a few more animation for "V"
:)
That's all i'm saying

Last edited:

Pretty sure the animation team doesn't work on designing quests. So, that wouldn't be time wasted

I'm going to go against the grain in this thread and say no to heavy animations. It's exhausting in actual practice and serves to slow down gameplay in such an artificial way that it's more of a hindrance than a boon. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a fine example of too much. Coupled with cumbersome controls and you have a match made in hell.

This is first and foremost a video game, not a simulation of real life interactions that should otherwise be abstracted.

Guest 3573786

I think people should be careful what they wish for, Rockstar took this thingtoo far and now a good chunk of RDR activities are a complete drag. I dont think seeing your hand press a display is some huge boon to the game.

Top Bottom