More bars and housing are needed

+
To players that sounds like a good investment, but to anyone making a product that is only as reasonable as the return. The reality is that IF the next game delivers anything close to the promises this game has; We'll buy it. They know this and you should as well. We want the game that was marketed, it's why the forums are still full of people either in denial or those pleading for changes.

That CDPR's quest director practically mocked requests for a more robust police system and car chases, something touted on several occasions up until release, by saying Sonic and Elden Ring don't have these things should be an indicator that not much will change. CDPR trippled down on developing multiple titles at once following this games reception and now we've learned that the GOG division is hemorrhaging money...allegedly.

Why would anyone spend money on a year old game when the competition showed the biggest lesson learned from CDPR's experience is to delay the game,... but still don't finish it? Halo Infinite did come with a relatively refined combat system... but this was only an improvement over previous entries because 343 had canned all the work done in the OG trilogy with Halo 4's release, yet a lot of stuff is missing. Entire staples of the 20 year old franchise are missing. Features that were set to release post-launch, during the delay window, are still missing. Same with other games that swiftly delayed after watching 2077's reception.
Whole mindset "I'm consumer that's why I should be pleased" it's [...]. Nope competition didn't learn anything, it's false argument otherwise something like GTA DE would never happen. Another false argument is delaying game = polished game. Cyberpunk was delayed few times...
I kinda get that corporation label players as "consumers". But if you think about yourself as one you already lost.
Buying game is not like buying car. You will never know 100% what really game is, it's part of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont really need apartments - kind of like that my V lives in a megabuilding and storywise it doesnt make sense to buy apartments.

storywise? so in CP2077 what would be the reason to let you buy dozens of cars some of which of extreme luxury?

Hopefully over time they will fill it with interactive content, more interesting NPCs and make the city come to life.
From my point of view (as a player of the original table game and as a old player from the 80's that really like CP2K77), once the game will be release on PS5/XBOX, beside the DLC additions and small patch, don't expect any thing else, don't forget that money rules.
The only hope is to have the editor to be release. As it wasn't the case for witcher 3, it will be the same for CP, so no future... (that why I stop playing since 6 months and wait the game to receive the final patch to play it...).
Look the mods on nexus, now there is only textures mods, because the good modders don't have the tools to work... the mods community is a real indicator of the life of a game... I'm sad...

The difference is that Mass Effect (1) had a developed C&C and dialogue systems, supporting Role Playing. The combat was means to satisfy the role playing fantasy of playing space marine, not the core of the experience.

Cyberpunk does not. The few choices you make lead always to the same path, the dialogues are extremely restricted. The gameplay loop is clearly the combat and the looting.

I wish I could play the ME1 you have played. The game I played was great, but nowhere near what you are describing:)

Whole mindset "I'm consumer that's why I should be pleased" it's [...]. Nope competition didn't learn anything, it's false argument otherwise something like GTA DE would never happen. Another false argument is delaying game = polished game. Cyberpunk was delayed few times...
I kinda get that corporation label players as "consumers". But if you think about yourself as one you already lost.
Buying game is not like buying car. You will never know 100% what really game is, it's part of fun.
Incredible... It's like you read my post, in detail, then proceeded to make a similar argument while disagreeing with me. I was explaining how these companies work in order help people think through these kinds of situations, why they make the decisions they make, and that it's foolish to expect or demand any significant changes.

Nope competition didn't learn anything, it's false argument
Did you pay attention at all?? I made the statement about how the competition learned the WRONG lesson! They learned that you could release an unfinished game and rake in the cash, which precisely lends itself to GTA DE. As soon as a publisher announces a game people want; the past is forgotten and it's as if the last colossal cock up never even happened. A few people may reserve their purchase until after a thorough review with hours of footage occurs, effectively ruining any surprises to be had, but it's clear there won't be a change of great significance. This will continue to happen again and again.

Guest 3847602

The difference is that Mass Effect (1) had a developed C&C and dialogue systems, supporting Role Playing. The combat was means to satisfy the role playing fantasy of playing space marine, not the core of the experience.

Cyberpunk does not. The few choices you make lead always to the same path, the dialogues are extremely restricted.
Come on now, the only choice with big impact in Mass Effect 1 is who to save on Virmire and it happens very late in the game. Consequences are visible only in sequels (and even there they're minor with exception of fate of Wrex and Ashley vs Kaidan). Story in ME1 is great but even more linear than in Cyberpunk.
I didn't feel restrained during dialogue in CP more than in ME1, on the contrary, but maybe that's just me.
The gameplay loop is clearly the combat and the looting.
How is this different from ME?

How is this different from ME?
The loot appear directly in your inventory in ME :cool:

ME1 "important" choices which are imported to ME2 :
- Wrex saved or not, Kaidan or Ashley, Council save or not, Anderson or Udina as counselor. That's all, four in total in the whole game.
11-01-2022_23-13-04-vh2a5ply.png
But too much off-topic for me now :)

Last edited:
To players that sounds like a good investment, but to anyone making a product that is only as reasonable as the return. The reality is that IF the next game delivers anything close to the promises this game has; We'll buy it. They know this and you should as well. We want the game that was marketed, it's why the forums are still full of people either in denial or those pleading for changes.

That CDPR's quest director practically mocked requests for a more robust police system and car chases, something touted on several occasions up until release, by saying Sonic and Elden Ring don't have these things should be an indicator that not much will change. CDPR trippled down on developing multiple titles at once following this games reception and now we've learned that the GOG division is hemorrhaging money...allegedly.

Why would anyone spend money on a year old game when the competition showed the biggest lesson learned from CDPR's experience is to delay the game,... but still don't finish it? Halo Infinite did come with a relatively refined combat system... but this was only an improvement over previous entries because 343 had canned all the work done in the OG trilogy with Halo 4's release, yet a lot of stuff is missing. Entire staples of the 20 year old franchise are missing. Features that were set to release post-launch, during the delay window, are still missing. Same with other games that swiftly delayed after watching 2077's reception.
Can obviously only speak for myself and if you are talking expansions for CP? Im far from sure that I will buy them, I liked my time in CP, but also kind of reluctant to go for another playthrough, because I feel that I will simply have to play it all over again in a linear path, with no new surprises etc. And that really turns me off, for comparison I can keep playing both Skyrim and Fallout over an over, even without mods, i would still constantly run into new stuff I didn't do during the other playthroughs and that will make me come back. Despite Fallout or Skyrim might not have the best of the best combat mechanics etc. I still don't feel that it is as broken as CPs combat is. But given that we don't know the direction the expansions will take, will it continue the story of V? or maybe the time with Jack, which is currently a cutscene? or you have to play another character? or it might simply be extra content added to the main game as side content, we don't really know.
But honestly if any of these are the case, there need to be a lot of changes to the game in general for me to really be interested. Of the options I made above, I would probably say that a continued story with V is the one I would be most interested in. If its with Jack, despite me really liking him as a character, I think its to late, we know how he dies, so playing with him after that seems kind of pointless to me. Playing a new character, I don't think there is enough time to really get interested in it. And if its just extra content to the main game, I also is not really interested, because I would expect the content to be as linear as the main game which doesn't interest me.

If you are talking about TW4? then I will have to wait for that time to make a judgement.

About the comment made about the car chases and robust police system and comparing them to those games he did, I think is a bit of a worrying comment from one that is hired as a quest director. Think that is the most polite way to express my opinion on that :)

Given the state a lot of these new games are released in, I think more and more people will simply stop preorder them, buying them at launch compared to simply wait 6 month and get it on sale and when most of the bugs etc. have been fixed. More and more it seems pointless to buy most AAA games at launch as long as they make use of this "buy now, fix later" strategy. Simply wait 6 month and you might be lucky to get a somewhat playable game cheaper and you have all the reviews etc. and might chose to not buy it at all.

At least for me, CP were the final straw for me to never preorder a game again and to just wait for the reviews and hear how unfinished and buggy the game is.
Post automatically merged:

From my point of view (as a player of the original table game and as a old player from the 80's that really like CP2K77), once the game will be release on PS5/XBOX, beside the DLC additions and small patch, don't expect any thing else, don't forget that money rules.
The only hope is to have the editor to be release. As it wasn't the case for witcher 3, it will be the same for CP, so no future... (that why I stop playing since 6 months and wait the game to receive the final patch to play it...).
Look the mods on nexus, now there is only textures mods, because the good modders don't have the tools to work... the mods community is a real indicator of the life of a game... I'm sad...
Agree, modding would be a way to get me back into the game. Especially if they have the tools to almost completely overhaul it, like skyrim and fallout.

CP at its current state, both in regards to skills, weapons/equipment, cars, police system, dialog system, npcs are simply to broken. What makes CP worth playing is the setting and the storytelling, that is absolutely amazing.

Can obviously only speak for myself and if you are talking expansions for CP? Im far from sure that I will buy them, I liked my time in CP, but also kind of reluctant to go for another playthrough, because I feel that I will simply have to play it all over again in a linear path, with no new surprises etc. And that really turns me off, for comparison I can keep playing both Skyrim and Fallout over an over, even without mods, i would still constantly run into new stuff I didn't do during the other playthroughs and that will make me come back. Despite Fallout or Skyrim might not have the best of the best combat mechanics etc. I still don't feel that it is as broken as CPs combat is. But given that we don't know the direction the expansions will take, will it continue the story of V? or maybe the time with Jack, which is currently a cutscene? or you have to play another character? or it might simply be extra content added to the main game as side content, we don't really know.
But honestly if any of these are the case, there need to be a lot of changes to the game in general for me to really be interested. Of the options I made above, I would probably say that a continued story with V is the one I would be most interested in. If its with Jack, despite me really liking him as a character, I think its to late, we know how he dies, so playing with him after that seems kind of pointless to me. Playing a new character, I don't think there is enough time to really get interested in it. And if its just extra content to the main game, I also is not really interested, because I would expect the content to be as linear as the main game which doesn't interest me.
I used the word 'we' ubiquitously. You, I, and several may patiently watch or even abstain from purchasing from them, even if the DLC or next game comes out in a more polished state, but how many others will? I'm not even sure I would purchase without youtubing an entire playthrough, effectively spoiling the game, to be sure there isn't another 'lul, gotcha' waiting to pop out just after I cross the Steam return threshold.
Given the state a lot of these new games are released in, I think more and more people will simply stop preorder them, buying them at launch compared to simply wait 6 month and get it on sale and when most of the bugs etc. have been fixed. More and more it seems pointless to buy most AAA games at launch as long as they make use of this "buy now, fix later" strategy. Simply wait 6 month and you might be lucky to get a somewhat playable game cheaper and you have all the reviews etc. and might chose to not buy it at all.
I don't have any faith in that being the case for most people. The game topped some charts after returning to console markets. Granted, it's a steal at 10 bucks... Again; I used the term 'we' ubiquitously. There's always a fresh army of bodies looking for the next big escape. Even if it's not us, it will be someone else. They know this and we should be aware. (Look guys, we're back, remember the Witcher 3?? We learned our lesson.. although we really didn't because we denied knowing anything was wrong even though that's clearly untruthful as we embargoed console footage and didn't admit anything was unfinished, cut, or that PC had a bed full of bugs.)
I believe 'em." That's how it will most likely play out. "What, Activision/Blizzard is running a rape room and routinely covers up sexual misconduct? That's... Oh shit, Diable II got a remaster!"
At least for me, CP were the final straw for me to never preorder a game again and to just wait for the reviews and hear how unfinished and buggy the game is.
Post automatically merged:
Yeah. I had this rule for a long time, and I broke it for this game because I thought that it would be an easy sell. Open world cyberpunk city. A dream game. I certainly made a fool of myself. This is my first experience with a CDPR game and it's not a good first impression. One of the most laughable thinga in all of this is how my friends and colleagues, those who happen to be Witcher fans, talked up The Witcher 3's near flawless reputation.. then proceeded to 180 and provided a laundry list of bugs from the Wither 3's launch as evidence that everything would be alright in the end. It's been a year, post-launch, for a single-player campaign. I think the end is in the rear view. I wouldn't expect them to do more than necessary to integrate the online experience...whatever that's gonna be.
CP at its current state, both in regards to skills, weapons/equipment, cars, police system, dialog system, npcs are simply to broken. What makes CP worth playing is the setting and the storytelling, that is absolutely amazing.
Agreed. I even hand waved away much of the problems at the start... I outright accepted the bugs and looked forward to updates, but the issues just compounded over the course of the game. Any time I wanted a break to go have fun in the open world; the game refused to allow this. Car operation is atrocious, FP in cars is un-doable during the day due to the absurd exposure, the ray tracing functions oddly in a small number of settings and even managed to break the lighting in cars (glowing eyes and mouths during the day), NPCs have no practical AI, and the NCPD literally spawns up your ass... then came the updates. Performance on PC began to lag, new bugs were introduced, old saves disappeared, and some quests wouldn't function entirely.

Agreed. I even hand waved away much of the problems at the start... I outright accepted the bugs and looked forward to updates, but the issues just compounded over the course of the game. Any time I wanted a break to go have fun in the open world; the game refused to allow this. Car operation is atrocious, FP in cars is un-doable during the day due to the absurd exposure, the ray tracing functions oddly in a small number of settings and even managed to break the lighting in cars (glowing eyes and mouths during the day), NPCs have no practical AI, and the NCPD literally spawns up your ass... then came the updates. Performance on PC began to lag, new bugs were introduced, old saves disappeared, and some quests wouldn't function entirely.
I guess I was one of the lucky ones, I didn't really experience a lot of game breaking bugs in my playthrough, at least not in the beginning, however as I closer to the end of the game they started to show a lot. I obviously had all the pop ins, floating phones etc. but I only crashed 1 time during my playthrough and if I recall correctly the only quest that was completely screwed up was the final one. However my playthrough were fairly lawful, so I didn't get into problems with the police a lot and fairly quickly figured out that something was wrong with this, but had I wanted to go for a more GTA way of playing, this would have been a massive issue.

So for me it was pretty much all the gameplay aspects. Especially the cyber spells were completely OP, the ability to shoot through walls and a general feeling that the AI had no way of defending itself. I did like the gunplay (normal ones) and to stealth the missions, but more because I enjoy that, it was definitely not an effective nor needed way of playing. I started out going heavy into the technical skill tree, but quickly figured out that it was not really going to work or do much. But then again, I looked through the different skills and I honestly weren't all that excited by any of them, I did eventually get more in the hacking or intellect or what the state is called, which did make improvements, but again to me, it merely "broke" the game more than making it more exciting. I really hate the dialog system and the handholding going on here, it completely remove the illusion of choice, and the need for you to think about what to say, for all I know these could simply have been cutscenes, where it automatically fires off all the blue options and then the yellow one at the end. Very rarely did any choice result in a different outcome. I played the game on very hard and wanted to make a playthrough as a character that would only fight as a last option. Obviously this didn't last very long, especially after looking at the skill tree and noticing that there were absolutely no social skills, that pretty much all missions are combat oriented and finally when I occasionally miss clicked during a dialog option and had to reload, noticed that regardless of what I chose it would end in the same outcome.

Also I did like the variety of gear in the game when it came to armors and stuff, but I think the game suffers from some of the same issues as TW3, which is that if you want to optimize your gear, you are eventually going to look more like a circus clown than a bad ass merc. So as I did with TW3, I pretty much ignored the stats on gear and just went with what I thought look decent enough. I think there is way to many of the same weapons in the game, which are just progressively improving over time, which almost makes it pointless to upgrade or even get especially attached to a weapon, because it will very quickly get out match by some new random drop anyway.

Also the amount of random loot on the ground that V think is considered valuable makes no sense, like old ashtrays, half eaten pizzas etc. I think the use of the BD were completely underdeveloped and the list goes on.

More than anything, as I decided to stop playing, I got the feeling that the game were developed by different teams, each with their own idea of how and what type of game it should be and then they just combined it all into one game, where most of the things are not really working well on its own or in combination with each other.

Top Bottom