More bars and housing are needed

+
My English is poor But I still begged the team to add more bars and houses, and I felt like a lot of the beautiful scenery in the game was wasted. Especially tonight when I turned on the game, I wanted to enjoy the beautiful scenery while drinking, but unfortunately there was no action, the immersion was suddenly broken.
For me, the joy of the game is not in fighting, but in waking up every morning with a spectacular view of the city outside my window, , staring out at the city at night at the bar after my mission, and falling asleep every night under the neon lights outside my window...
So I highly recommend adding some bars that are comfortable and relaxing and have a great view of the city, preferably with more housing. This apartment is fine for now, but I still want to go to a better house later in game. I also recommend that the current apartment should have an elevator that goes to the third floor of the parking lot, so I can take the elevator to my home when I get off the viaduct every night instead of driving to the first floor.
Post automatically merged:

:sad::cry::giveup:

My English is poor But I still begged the team to add more bars and houses, and I felt like a lot of the beautiful scenery in the game was wasted. Especially tonight when I turned on the game, I wanted to enjoy the beautiful scenery while drinking, but unfortunately there was no action, the immersion was suddenly broken.
For me, the joy of the game is not in fighting, but in waking up every morning with a spectacular view of the city outside my window, , staring out at the city at night at the bar after my mission, and falling asleep every night under the neon lights outside my window...
So I highly recommend adding some bars that are comfortable and relaxing and have a great view of the city, preferably with more housing. This apartment is fine for now, but I still want to go to a better house later in game. I also recommend that the current apartment should have an elevator that goes to the third floor of the parking lot, so I can take the elevator to my home when I get off the viaduct every night instead of driving to the first floor.

:sad::cry::giveup:
This part of the game was unfortunately extremely rushed. And I think its obvious from the amount of details they have added to the city itself, which makes little sense if there is nothing to do. Hopefully over time they will fill it with interactive content, more interesting NPCs and make the city come to life. But at the moment its pretty much an empty shell.

And also one can hope that they put more energy into the RP side of the game compared to the action side. But I doubt it a bit, given that there are no skills for anything socially in the game from what I can see. But guess they could expand this if they wanted or remake the skill trees as most of the skills are pretty boring anyway,

I totally agree with you the game feels very disappointing from hardly having any rpg elements :cry: . I also agree that it would be cool to add more bars and clubs that v could interact with as well as V getting new house's/Apt's. I personally feel like I was lied to and mislead by the promise of it being a rpg game . [1] No Sandbox option after main story , [2nd] barley any rpg elements and can't interact with world other than missions:sad:. what happened to calling people over to V's apt like L"I they or one night stands like they said you could in the demo Video they showed before game launched :shrug: ? I can't believe I spent 180 U.S. $ on 3 copy's of the game for this level of lack of rpg elements.

Last edited:
I think the devs should leave hooks in the code so modders can add rooms as they wish. Make it from the start to ensure that ps and xbox can use the mods and let people have rp bars and restaurants as they wish. Then the devs get on with the other stuff and players could have their own custom worlds

Guest 3847602

I totally agree with you the game feels very disappointing from hardly having any rpg elements :cry: . I also agree that it would be cool to add more bars and clubs that v could interact with as well as V getting new house's/Apt's. I personally feel like I was lied to and mislead by the promise of it being a rpg game . [1] No Sandbox option after main story , [2nd] barley any rpg elements and can't interact with world other than missions:sad:. what happened to calling people over to V's apt like L"I they or one night stands like they said you could in the demo Video they showed before game launched :shrug: ? I can't believe I spent 180 U.S. $ on 3 copy's of the game for this level of lack of rpg elements.
None of these are RPG elements, but sandbox elements and Cyberpunk 2077 was never advertised as "sandbox game". Take any pure, old-school RPG, such as Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights or classic Fallout see how chock-full of those "RPG elements" they are. ;)
I don't remember them ever saying that calling people over to V's apartment will be a thing; one-night stand in 48-min demo was a part of scripted cutscene and it was removed from release version for obvious reason (giving the players agency over their character's orientation).

Last edited by a moderator:
I also said rpg elements were barely there not that they weren't there. I prefer r.p.g games that are like Skyrim, fallout 4,g.t.a 5 , saints rows 3-4 and the last three assassin's creed games. aka sandbox games and as I said early I Thought that this game was supposed to be a open world sandbox game which was the impression I got before game release Had I known it was not going to be a open world sandbox game I would not have bothered buying it. and again, I said I thought that calling V's L'I or one night stands was supposed to be in the game . If they can add game plus mod why not a sand box option in it for us who want to keep playing the game after the main quest .

Last edited:
I also miss open world options like having a drink in a street bar or just being able to sit on the ground animation. But its different now because playing game 3 times i do know a content and put slightly more time in just lazy exploring and wondering in Night City. I think in my first playthrough I was more occupied with going on with a story and gigs.

Another thing is that it would be so nice to have 10-20 NPCs scattered around who would have some unique dialogue about simple stuff. It would be a real threat to find out that you can talk to them without any big story or gig behind it just like in normal city. Unfortunately for now you know that there is no content if its not marked on a map. Except one mission where you are looking for a girl based on a picture from a garage which is great just because there is no yellow guideline.

Except one mission where you are looking for a girl based on a picture from a garage which is great just because there is no yellow guideline.
If you refer to the dialog? Then I agree.

One thing I really hated were the color indicating which dialog option push things forward. To me it ruins so much of the immersion in the game, because you are just hammering away on the blue options regardless of whether that is actually what you think makes the most sense, because you know nothing will happen anyway.

To me, they should randomize them and just use the same color or at least make it an option. Its such a small change, but it would add so much more immersion to the game.

I don't know if they did it, because they wanted to be sure that people didn't miss anything or whether they did it, so those that doesn't care about all the dialog and just want to shoot things can get quickly through it. Either way I think it was a huge design mistaken.

This part of the game was unfortunately extremely rushed. And I think its obvious from the amount of details they have added to the city itself, which makes little sense if there is nothing to do. Hopefully over time they will fill it with interactive content, more interesting NPCs and make the city come to life. But at the moment its pretty much an empty shell.

And also one can hope that they put more energy into the RP side of the game compared to the action side. But I doubt it a bit, given that there are no skills for anything socially in the game from what I can see. But guess they could expand this if they wanted or remake the skill trees as most of the skills are pretty boring anyway,
I really wish I could have the hopes so many others do, but the reality is that the game came out and they're not going to dump tens of thousands, possibly even lower millions, of dollars into 'overhauling' a game that isn't a live-service cash-cow. The artists carried this game across the finish line, and you can bet the engineers who did work on this title have been reduced to little more than a skeleton crew for the post-release work. It doesn't make sense for them to spend significant time on the game that's seen it's best days, nor does it for us. It's been over a year now; Enjoy what we got.

Nah.
I think if anything, immersion would be helped by adding further interactivity in existing bars, like the sit and drink interactions (that are already used but only in specific instances) and modest customization - plus more to actually do in V's current apartment is all that is needed.

Regarding housing, I have zero interest in acquiring property, especially given the game's genre, tone and story, and when one of its most favourable endings involve V leaving NC to live as a Nomad on the road.

quick edit, had brain fart.

Last edited:
There are incredibly much beautiful housing and scenery in the game, but the lack of minor details are making it appear empty and artificial. Mostly its about the lack of interaction opportunities with NPCs, or AI.

Its like saying an empty canvas equals a painting.

We don't really need any new bars if we can't even drink a beer in current ones.

Last edited:
Just let me buy all those braindances, I wanna watch "The Passion" – if only just to see V from a third person perspective.

Forget about BD`s. Their development is very costly and time consuming plus a lot of people dont like it. There is 0% chance of having them like that in a future.

I dont really need apartments - kind of like that my V lives in a megabuilding and storywise it doesnt make sense to buy apartments. What I would like to do is to have option to rent a room in Sunrise motel or any other motels where you can sleep in a bed or use computer just like in apartment.

None of these are RPG elements, but sandbox elements and Cyberpunk 2077 was never advertised as "sandbox game". Take any pure, old-school RPG, such as Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights or classic Fallout see how chock-full of those "RPG elements" they are. ;)
I don't remember them ever saying that calling people over to V's apartment will be a thing; one-night stand in 48-min demo was a part of scripted cutscene and it was removed from release version for obvious reason (giving the players agency over their character's orientation).

This is true. But Cyberpunk is severely lacking in RPG elements too. Choices and consequences are almost non existant, dialogues are limited and lifepaths make only a slight superficial differences. The game right now is not an RPG nor a sandbox, it's a looter shooter, because it's easier to build multiplayer on top of a looter shooter base than doing it on top of an RPG or sandbox.

If CDPR added sanbox elements that increase immersion, it wouldn't be a bad thing. Certainly, right now the game lacks too much.

kind of like that my V lives in a megabuilding and storywise it doesnt make sense to buy apartments.

Storywise, that apartment makes sense only for Street Kids characters

Storywise, that apartment makes sense only for Street Kids characters
V is a Merc (if you want, an ex-Nomad, an ex-Street Kid or an ex-Corpo. But currently, V is a merc who work for Fixers)
An ex-Nomad who arrive in a new city won't live in a tent under a bridge... Or an ex-Corpo who has no more money (seized by Arasaka), will not live in a penthouse...
So an apartment in a megabuilding seems to be an affordable and easy choice for a first apartment. At least better than live in the Mama Wells house with Jackie :)

Guest 3847602

This is true. But Cyberpunk is severely lacking in RPG elements too. Choices and consequences are almost non existant, dialogues are limited and lifepaths make only a slight superficial differences. The game right now is not an RPG nor a sandbox, it's a looter shooter, because it's easier to build multiplayer on top of a looter shooter base than doing it on top of an RPG or sandbox.

If CDPR added sanbox elements that increase immersion, it wouldn't be a bad thing. Certainly, right now the game lacks too much.
I don't mean to defend looter-shooter mechanics, I don't like them in Cyberpunk and I didn't like it in TW3, but this same mechanic existed in Mass Effect 1, and I don't see too many people denying that game is an RPG. If we decide to stop calling Cyberpunk that way, then we should also admit that the lats big-budget RPG was released in 2010 (New Vegas).
I'm not completely opposed to them adding sandbox elements, but I'd much rather see more story content and quests.

I really wish I could have the hopes so many others do, but the reality is that the game came out and they're not going to dump tens of thousands, possibly even lower millions, of dollars into 'overhauling' a game that isn't a live-service cash-cow. The artists carried this game across the finish line, and you can bet the engineers who did work on this title have been reduced to little more than a skeleton crew for the post-release work. It doesn't make sense for them to spend significant time on the game that's seen it's best days, nor does it for us. It's been over a year now; Enjoy what we got.
I would expect a lot less are working at it now, probably some have moved on to DLCs or the potential multiplayer. If they intend as, they said, to release expansions such as those in the Witcher 3 it will require a decent amount of people working on those as well. And probably quite a few might have moved to TW4.

But still given how long it have been since the game were released, the impact of the rather poor experience surrounding that is still lingering and is not going away. So I still think that despite it costing CDPR some money now it is still a good investment in the long run, given that the IP is rather unique and the potential still huge, it would be sad to throw that away. But I think the first big DLC/Expansion will show whether or not they care about it or not.

I don't mean to defend looter-shooter mechanics, I don't like them in Cyberpunk and I didn't like it in TW3, but this same mechanic existed in Mass Effect 1, and I don't see too many people denying that game is an RPG. If we decide to stop calling Cyberpunk that way, then we should also admit that the lats big-budget RPG was released in 2010 (New Vegas).
I'm not completely opposed to them adding sandbox elements, but I'd much rather see more story content and quests.

The difference is that Mass Effect (1) had a developed C&C and dialogue systems, supporting Role Playing. The combat was means to satisfy the role playing fantasy of playing space marine, not the core of the experience.

Cyberpunk does not. The few choices you make lead always to the same path, the dialogues are extremely restricted. The gameplay loop is clearly the combat and the looting.

I would expect a lot less are working at it now, probably some have moved on to DLCs or the potential multiplayer. If they intend as, they said, to release expansions such as those in the Witcher 3 it will require a decent amount of people working on those as well. And probably quite a few might have moved to TW4.

But still given how long it have been since the game were released, the impact of the rather poor experience surrounding that is still lingering and is not going away. So I still think that despite it costing CDPR some money now it is still a good investment in the long run, given that the IP is rather unique and the potential still huge, it would be sad to throw that away. But I think the first big DLC/Expansion will show whether or not they care about it or not.
To players that sounds like a good investment, but to anyone making a product that is only as reasonable as the return. The reality is that IF the next game delivers anything close to the promises this game has; We'll buy it. They know this and you should as well. We want the game that was marketed, it's why the forums are still full of people either in denial or those pleading for changes.

That CDPR's quest director practically mocked requests for a more robust police system and car chases, something touted on several occasions up until release, by saying Sonic and Elden Ring don't have these things should be an indicator that not much will change. CDPR trippled down on developing multiple titles at once following this games reception and now we've learned that the GOG division is hemorrhaging money...allegedly.

Why would anyone spend money on a year old game when the competition showed the biggest lesson learned from CDPR's experience is to delay the game,... but still don't finish it? Halo Infinite did come with a relatively refined combat system... but this was only an improvement over previous entries because 343 had canned all the work done in the OG trilogy with Halo 4's release, yet a lot of stuff is missing. Entire staples of the 20 year old franchise are missing. Features that were set to release post-launch, during the delay window, are still missing. Same with other games that swiftly delayed after watching 2077's reception.

Last edited:
Top Bottom