[More Battle-ready Warriors]

+
I miss in Beta Gwent, when you played NR you felt like you lead an army because 90% of your cards where armoured soldiers, knights, machines of war etc. Nowadays that is not the case, will you guys consider in the next expansion to make more battle ready warriors as cards for NR, instead of scholars, messengers, courtiers, mages and peasants?

The soldiers and war machines we already have are mostly too weak and never see play. I hope that in the future I will use less ocvists and blazes in a faction thats supposed to be the Classic Medieval Fantasy army of men.

I just wish you guys cared more for people who care for the Lore of your game, there isnt much thematic combos going on, you can print good cards but instead of making for example a Siege Engineer load bolts into a Ballista you use a teenage girl mage for that function. I hope this might change in future expansions.

Last edited:
I just wish you guys cared more for people who care for the Lore of your game, there isnt much thematic combos going on, you can print good cards but instead of making for example a Siege Engineer load bolts into a Ballista you use a teenage girl mage for that function.
Another point to charge removal I offer. Cause charge is too universal, to undefined, that even teenage girl can recharge heavy ballista or a Saskia dragon :coolstory: This shows again that adding a charge mechanic was not a lucky decision.

Last edited:
I on the otherhand which for more mages in NR as those were the one really deciding the large battles and not the footfolk.

And concerning siege engines, why do we even have those in the game? We are playing a battle on a battlefield not a siege. What sense does a battering ram or a siege tower make over there. And why do they even work without a siege engineer.

The thing is, it is all a game and needs a certain level of abstraction. Even RTS which are able to be more realistic then card games have still a lot of abstraction for gameplay purposes.

What can be done in my opinion to make it feel more like a battlefield for NR would to have cards that gain boni by fullfilling certain requirements like:
Shield Wall: Give all your soldiers a shield and boost them by two.
Battle Standard (Artifact): If you have at least 1 Soldier, 1 Ranged unit and 1 Knight at turn end boost all of them by 1.

Top Bottom