More Dwarves and Dryads

+
Dear Devs:

Please make more Dwarf cards, including a Scenario and a Location.

Seeing more Dryads would be welcome as well.

Thanks,

And tonight marks the last NR Legendary card (non-animated) that I crafted (it's my first faction), It's been a busy 1.5 months. Yay for me...

I'm always in favour of more dwarves. There're still a few we've yet to see make an appearance in Gwent: Skalen and Cecil Burdon, as mere examples. Vergen could make an interesting location as well.

1625154229321.png
1625154205862.png

I think there are enough dryads in the game, better rework some of the never played ones like sirssa and dryad grovekeeper. a dwarf scenario would be extremely scary, given how strong their swarm potential already is.

I may be off-topic here - but I'd love to see scenarios for different subfactions, not only one per faction. Dwarven scenario could actually be something like the current Broover barricade ability with his ability being changed for something less swarm-boosting.

I may be off-topic here - but I'd love to see scenarios for different subfactions, not only one per faction. Dwarven scenario could actually be something like the current Broover barricade ability with his ability being changed for something less swarm-boosting.
sure, give boost all allied dwarves with armor on this row by 1 to an artifact you can only answer with 1 card in the entire game, great idea^^

sure, give boost all allied dwarves with armor on this row by 1 to an artifact you can only answer with 1 card in the entire game, great idea^^
erm, actually scenarios activate once per "chapter". one-time boost to a conditional row is not that powerful. this could literally balance current swarm dwarves.

In my opinion, scenarios are a horrible mechanic that should never have been introduced. The last thing needed is more of them. Why don’t we strengthen dwarves by removing OP, binary, straight jackets that support only other archetypes.

In my opinion, scenarios are a horrible mechanic that should never have been introduced.
Why are they horrible? They're thess "high risk - high reward" (because you can get powerful combos witch simple bronzes - but the right ones, and sometimes you get the wrong hand for them if you play your deck wrong) cards everyone's so fond of. They're never a one card pointslam. And they give your games a feeling of card working together. Witcher castles are a much more dubious addition, but people seem to be fine with them.

The last thing needed is more of them. Why don’t we strengthen dwarves by removing OP, binary, straight jackets that support only other archetypes.
Now that's a recipe for a disaster. With the devs' "subtle" balancing skills they'll mess things up for sure. In my opinion, there are only two ways to balance things properly: 1) take the whole game apart and build it from the ground up trying to keep all the introduced mechanics in check (never gonna happen, but one can dream); 2) make the subfactions equal in terms of available mechanics and then try to balance them - on equal terms.

I agree with the main post - we can create an entire deck around elf cards, a very playable dwarf deck, but it would be hard to create a competitive deck with a majority of dryad cards. I mean, they are very valuable and helpful in Nature's Gift or Guerilla Tactics decks, but most of the dryads in the game are bronzes or (if they are golds) play predominantly a supportive function (Fauve, Dunca). I wouldn't mind if more cards with that tag were added - in the books, Brokilon is a distinct 'faction', and dryads play an important role.

Also, I would disagree with some previous posts about scenarios. In my opinion, scenarios were a great addition to Gwent - they are expensive but offer some great benefits if we manage to pull it off. I believe that the more cards, the better and would welcome new scenarios for each faction. Yes, Masquerade Ball is powerful and can be frustrating to play against, but it's not like decks with it are invincible.

I believe scenarios that would support Soldier/Vampire/Mage/Dryad/Beast cards could help 'activate' some less played strategies.

However, we might need an additional removal card to counter these new cards. Some months ago, a humble Bomb Heaver could destroy a scenario. I think it was preposterous and excessive that a 5-point card would remove a 13-15 point scenario. But if we introduce a gold card that could either damage a unit by X OR destroy an artefact, that could help balance it.

I think there are enough dryads in the game, better rework some of the never played ones like sirssa and dryad grovekeeper. a dwarf scenario would be extremely scary, given how strong their swarm potential already is.
I do not think dwarf swarm or the potential of it is a serious problem. The two point units are very easily swept away and trying to build multiple strong single units takes too many steps to execute in a 10 round match in my opinion. I run an all dwarf deck and the 2 point dwarfs are actually a bit of a hindrance, outside of transforming two of them into artillery units, because they are so weak and are easily taken out.

And I play against different faction swarms and I believe they completely outclass and outperform any spawn and swarm mechanic dwarves have. The current dwarf swarm mechanic is pitiful and I'm not convinced dwarves as a faction are competitive al all, and I'd like them to be.

I do not think dwarf swarm or the potential of it is a serious problem. The two point units are very easily swept away and trying to build multiple strong single units takes too many steps to execute in a 10 round match in my opinion. I run an all dwarf deck and the 2 point dwarfs are actually a bit of a hindrance, outside of transforming two of them into artillery units, because they are so weak and are easily taken out.

And I play against different faction swarms and I believe they completely outclass and outperform any spawn and swarm mechanic dwarves have. The current dwarf swarm mechanic is pitiful and I'm not convinced dwarves as a faction are competitive al all, and I'd like them to be.
Well yeah cuz a single drop of Geralt: Yirden can undo the past 5 turns of boosts that the Dwarf player did cause they are so much dependent on row stacking and Yirden is simply a broken card.

Well yeah cuz a single drop of Geralt: Yirden can undo the past 5 turns of boosts that the Dwarf player did cause they are so much dependent on row stacking and Yirden is simply a broken card.
Aye.

And I just got thoroughly defeated by an Elf move/boost deck. More dwarf variety and choices would be great in my opinion.

Only one dwarf card with proper support (additional armored dwarves) could possibly and maybe provide a dwarven answer to that build in a round: Hoog.
Post automatically merged:

I'm always in favour of more dwarves. There're still a few we've yet to see make an appearance in Gwent: Skalen and Cecil Burdon, as mere examples. Vergen could make an interesting location as well.

View attachment 11231941View attachment 11231938
Fascinating, thank you for sharing. Both characters and the location would make interesting additions. I think Skalen with a dice gamble (random) ability or abilities would make for an interesting card (and a dice gamble game card, a game within, a game that is a spin off of a broader story/game would be a funny and interesting nod of acknowledgement). For Cecil with his sober outlook I think a variable/scaling card strength bonus (either the bonus is assign on deploy either large or small bonus depending on the spread of the point total or an end turn or round bonus based off the difference of points on the board ) would be interesting.

And the location could spawn artists (architecture), miners, or resilient (new or established cards) dwarfs as a nod to it's history.

Last edited:
Top Bottom