More exotic enemies!

+
I'm concerned about the enemy variety.
So far, most of the enemies/gangs shown in the CP2077 gameplays are humans with implants and guns.
Only Adam Smasher looks like a differentiated enemy for now.
I really hope to see more exotic/bizarre/crazy enemies/gangs in Night City, like the CP2020.
Enemies with different combat mechanics, ex: flying enemies, enemies that use the environment as a weapon, climbing walls, emerge from the ground, enemies that hack you while within line of sight etc..

cupido-cyberpunk-2077-696x387.jpg

6wmkvON.png
gt6nBwH.jpg

tumblr_b77517c59561769bcc7e3c05d44854a2_b12250d4_400.gif

Last edited:
I dont know that we'll see the same exotics as in the Cyberpunk 2020 source books, but some of the 2077 teasers have shown a good variety of enemies. We've seen heavily cybered up gangs like that Maelstrom gang, the Vodoo Boys and their quest with AI, etc. The gameplay has shown some unique fights with strong enemies, and given what we've seen is only a small fraction of the game I'm not concerneddin that regard. We have seen some body modified persons, like Chromed folk

I'm concerned about the enemy variety.
So far, most of the enemies/gangs shown in the CP2077 gameplays are humans with implants and guns.
Only Adam Smasher looks like a differentiated enemy for now.
I really hope to see more exotic/bizarre/crazy enemies/gangs in Night City, like the CP2020.
Enemies with different combat mechanics, ex: flying enemies, enemies that use the environment as a weapon, climbing walls, emerge from the ground, enemies that hack you while within line of sight etc..

View attachment 11059490
View attachment 11059481View attachment 11059484
View attachment 11059493
It's an interesting thing to think about for sure. I'm curious about what kind of things we have not yet seen that CDPR may surprise us with? I mean, practically the whole entire game is something we have not really got to play yet, so maybe there's a few really cool things in there? I do have a strange fear that the game may try too hard to put too many enemies in the game like the crawling robot .gif (is that from the ghost in the shell live action movie?) and that somehow this will make the game feel too much like a cheap AAA gimmick or something. I just feel like lots of cheap (and simultaneously expensive) AAA titles often make the use of enemies that remind me of this .gif for some reason. They're also very frustrating to target in games I have played that had something similar. I mean, I do personally hope to see lots of exotic enemies, allies, and just lots of cool exotic stuff in the game in general, but not to the point where it overcrowds out all the other cool things. I kind of hope the exotics are available for V too. I'm kind of excited and hopeful about exotic related this, but I'm also kind of hesitant and confused about how much I want it or rather how I want it. I hope the implementation of exotically themed characters and features feels unique, and doesn't feel like the overdone overused AAA gimmicks that are all too common.
Post automatically merged:

I dont know that we'll see the same exotics as in the Cyberpunk 2020 source books, but some of the 2077 teasers have shown a good variety of enemies. We've seen heavily cybered up gangs like that Maelstrom gang, the Vodoo Boys and their quest with AI, etc. The gameplay has shown some unique fights with strong enemies, and given what we've seen is only a small fraction of the game I'm not concerneddin that regard. We have seen some body modified persons, like Chromed folk
This.

We will also be able to fight androids (Kang Tao androids on one of the latest screenshots) and very likely some robots too.
I'm excited to fight some full-on total 100% robots as well. That would be cool. Maybe, hopefully at some point V can even have a humanoid robot companion to do missions with? Like there's a robot that's self aware and they're pretty cool and V can team up with them, sort of like Jackie? But the robot pretends to not be self aware, and only shows their true self to V or others they believe they can trust (since people in 2077 are scared of AI, if I am not mistaken)

Okay but if I see any clowns safeties are getting set to the off position and rounds will be fired. :)
I hope I can make V dress up and make-up so she can be a cute clown girl. AND THEN CYBER CLAWS RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHWRRRR aahahaha

Last edited:
I hope I can make V dress up and make-up so she can be a cute clown girl. AND THEN CYBER CLAWS RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHWRRRR aahahaha

Pretty sure I watched the movie IT when I was kinda young and have been subconciously traumatized ever since. As a result, I fucking hate clowns :). Haha.... But, you do you. Clown, ninja V is perfectly acceptable.

Yea, remember, V can fight wanted cyberpsychos in this game via the NCPD database. So, maybe there is going to be a good amount of exotic varities like a canbalistic spider woman similar the above woman in the gif.

Pretty sure I watched the movie IT when I was kinda young and have been subconciously traumatized ever since. As a result, I fucking hate clowns :). Haha.... But, you do you. Clown, ninja V is perfectly acceptable.
Much respect, totally understand! Of course, even though my clown girl V would have claws, she would only use them on the enemy bad guys. For all the friendlies, she just throws a pie in their face. *silly clown nose honk and squeaky shoe noises* :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if the Brainiacs will make it into the game , we did see them in the early stuff . They have the potential to be exotic .
Yea, remember, V can fight wanted cyberpsychos in this game via the NCPD database. So, maybe there is going to be a good amount of exotic varities like a canbalistic spider woman similar the above woman in the gif.
Interesting :think:

The "more exotic enemies" you describe sound like, even lore wise, a rare to very rare type of person/gang. The reason (in general) you mostly see generic guys with implants is because this is the most common type of person in night city.

Any way I think its an interesting thing to wonder about but is something I would rather "wait and see" because I would rather see them first time in game myself.

Last edited:
The "more exotic enemies" you describe sound like, even lore wise, a rare to very rare type of person/gang. The reason (in general) you mostly see generic guys with implants is because this is the most common type of person in night city.

Any way I think its an interesting thing to wonder about but is something I would rather "wait and see" because I would rather see them first time in game myself.

Just a quick look at the wiki tells you there are / were 50 gangs listed in CP2020 of them i counted 17 posergangs not counting Voodoo Boys or The Valentino`s who we know have evolved . So it`s not rare in CP lore for exotic / poser gangs . You come across all sorts of strange gangs like Vampires , Presidents or Movie Stars in NC .

Just a quick look at the wiki tells you there are / were 50 gangs listed in CP2020 of them i counted 17 posergangs not counting Voodoo Boys or The Valentino`s who we know have evolved . So it`s not rare in CP lore for exotic / poser gangs . You come across all sorts of strange gangs like Vampires , Presidents or Movie Stars in NC .

and how often do you think youd see those poser gangs/ how many do you think theyd number though

and how often do you think youd see those poser gangs/ how many do you think theyd number though

I am only trying to point out there is lore for exotic / posergangs in CP , 17 out of 50 is a lot . CDPR seems to have evolved gangs so maybe there aren`t any non threatening gangs around :shrug: .

To answer your question : The Wiki doesn`t give gang numbers , so i guess if i went to West Hill at night there would be a good chance to meet a Bozo :shrug: It all comes down to being in the right place ( their turf ) at the right time ( night mostly ) to interact with the gangs .

I am only trying to point out there is lore for exotic / posergangs in CP , 17 out of 50 is a lot . CDPR seems to have evolved gangs so maybe there aren`t any non threatening gangs around :shrug: .

To answer your question : The Wiki doesn`t give gang numbers , so i guess if i went to West Hill at night there would be a good chance to meet a Bozo :shrug: It all comes down to being in the right place ( their turf ) at the right time ( night mostly ) to interact with the gangs .

I just think they are far more of a rarer and possibly "unique" in some cases aparence. It would ruin the charm if you just saw them all the time/commonly

I also think its far better to leave it to players to experiance them selfs once in game, rather than show on trailers. But we will see, I guess.

Last edited:
Each of the cyberpsycho events will probably be a unique (more-or-less) cyborg with different cyberware/armor (and presumedly the unique weapon each drops) that should add variety. They'll probably each be a (mini?) Boss fight.

If you're seeking REALLY "exotic" stuff (on the order of ghosts or dragons or a Tarasque) I don't this we'll see this sort of thing in CP2077 as it's NOT a fantasy game like Shadowrun.

Top Bottom