More Immersion please! (contextual actions)

+

I love witcher 3 but for the sake of immersion i will like to see geralt actually drink from potions.... Even a fast animation if could be added
In witcher 2 geralt had to drink the potion before the fight.. Since the alchemy system work different in witcher 3 for now drink potions is like reiceving some buff with no animation at all.. It is possible add a sort of fast drinking animation?

Agree, it should be something simple and a bit faster than animation in Dark Souls...this would work well with a mod that adds a visible potion belt/satchel to go along with it, like that popular Skyrim mod.

Ah, we've come full circle, nearly: we remarked on this omission before the release, and now it's been uncorked again.

I wish it had too !
There is only 1 drinking animation that is in-game and not in cutscenes.

When you first arive at velen and go ask about the informator in the tavern, you tell the seller to give you something 'strong'(vodka xd) and after those baron soldiers arrive and you have chat with them, after that you can stand infront of the 'glass of vodka' you ordered and you can press 'E' to drink it and you'll have shaky screen, i tested this myself but you can only do it once.

There is some animations in Witcher 3 files which are from the first game (like drunk Geralt swaying, sharpening sword with whetstone etc.) There is also a drinking animation in cutscenes which might work separate and bound to potion consuming script. Right now, I'm not sure if this could be doable.

Drinking animation

As title say , drinking animation for decoction and potions.
maybe make it difference so potions are faster animation and can be used in battle .
but for decoction ,longer animation maybe even some pain and mouning because decoction are more agressive and of course you cant drink it in battle only before

Yeah they explained it before release. Supposdely it would have hurt the fluenty of the combat.I wonder how other games with a superior combat managed to do it.
I would love to have drinking and eating animations.

Sitting animations

Will it be possible to sit in taverns or benches or whatever. It sucks that this hasn't been put in the main game? It takes the immersion away to sit anywhere.

I mean, the game already grants a nice immersive experience, but I think that a couple of little additions would make it perfect.
For example, animations for eating food, drinking potions and drinking water\wine
This actions should have animations, both when geralt is not moving and when he's walking. And it should be possible to view what he's holding in his hand to eat (maybe not for every food in the game, but for the most found....chiken and roast beef!).
Also a vial should be visible in his hand when he takes a potion.
Perhaps someone might dislike this idea, so these animations should be togglable via menu,
It would be cool to add other animations\cutscene. Since we have an animation when geralt goes to a brothel to......copulate I'll say, it would be great to have an animation for Geralt sitting by a table inside an inn, and consuming food and drinks

Any ideas?

those ideas are great, and they could be added but it's unlikely, anyway, there is a mod that adds som of those animations,like eating, drinking and put oil on the swords

actually there's already a mod that adds some of these animations
but of course it's an amateur mod so it is unperfect. For example drinking and eating can only be performed while not moving. So you can't drink a potion quickly during a battle since starting drinking animation will make geralt immovable and exposed to attacks

As much as I love this game, CDPR really screwed the pooch on the whole potions/alchemy system. I was really hoping for a remaster somewhere along the way but that looks less likely than ever now. I'd gladly give up bombs and the lame little crossbow just for a more immersive & accurate alchemy system.

Top Bottom