More Positive Emotes

+
Hello, Im a long-time lurk player since closed beta and I love Gwent and all The Witcher related material (games, books, series). My only criticism with Gwent is the non-friendly emotes, there are only "negative" ones, we can introduce a "Good luck" or "Well Played", perhaps this will make the games and the enviroment more positive, and possibly reduce the toxicity with spamming emotes. Cheers from Brazil!

Well, they are called taunts rather than emotes. They're meant to be less than friendly. There is the "well played" one but I'm not sure if any of the corresponding voicelines are free of sarcasm or negative wordings.

This has been brought up in the past as well.

(I personally don't have a problem with the taunts, or the tone that they tend to have.)

I just wish those Dammit taunts would return, after they added the Geralt Skin I was kind of hoping his "Dammit… don't like the look of this." taunt would also return.

Whenever you made a mistake or a Rng Card went terribly wrong these taunts became really useful.

It would also be kind of sad if they add Zoltan and Dandelion Skins in one of the next Journey's without their great "Hm, not quite what I was aimin' for." and "What? No! How?!" Taunts.
Post automatically merged:

There is the "well played" one but I'm not sure if any of the corresponding voicelines are free of sarcasm or negative wordings.
Must confess I really love using Queen Calanthe's taunt sarcastically
"It is a great honor to fight a foe so clearly worthy of it."

Last edited:

Guest 4398623

Hello, Im a long-time lurk player since closed beta and I love Gwent and all The Witcher related material (games, books, series). My only criticism with Gwent is the non-friendly emotes, there are only "negative" ones, we can introduce a "Good luck" or "Well Played", perhaps this will make the games and the enviroment more positive, and possibly reduce the toxicity with spamming emotes. Cheers from Brazil!

Toxicity is part of the Gwent community, so I think most players wouldn't use positive emotes. I would really like to see a positive form of interaction and not only malice and taunt!

I was just thinking this a few hours ago. Tonight have been a fun night playing Gwent. No toxic players or decks. Just pure fun! I was in a good mood, I wanted to wish my opponents good luck.

I would like to see some taunts (or emotes) added;

Good Luck
Oops (acknowledging a self impose misplay)

@BlackSwan1092 Yes! I don't know how many times I've wanted to say "oops". I don't mind the taunt thing but I wish there was a couple of non-taunt comments as well. So what if most people don't use them? Some of us would and the other's can continue taunting away.

I do wish there was a limit to avoid people spamming them though. I've played games where the opponent spams the "hurry up" taunt even during their own turn. :|

I really miss being able to say hello, good luck, beautiful skin. I like these leaders taunt, but they don't match my personality at all, I almost never use them, because I feel bad using them.

The title says it all, i wich i had one or two dialog option that were not taunt, but a simple "hello good sir, may the best player win" and a "bye bye, that was a good game".... maybe it's because i play with dandelion actually but i find myself missing such basic "good manners" answer or dialog.... Just putting that out there... the game is great, thank you for your hard work

You confused this game with childish stuff like Hearthstone or Runeterra. We dont emote, we taunt. Witcher world is in no way nice.
You want Monster leaders to give you "Good job, Well played! You´re awesome!" ? Doesn´t fit, sorry.

If you are bothered by spammers, just mute them ( and possibly destroy them for an added good feeling).

Top Bottom