More romance options please?

+
Soo its actually soo official now that people want more romance options with more people ingame. And Viktor Vector is on top of it!! I found a good article about it, its actually the 10 most wanted people ingame. Devs should def.start to listen to their gamers... ''
V is left without any friends after only a few hours into the main quest. The closest person in V's life is Viktor, a ripperdoc who gives V free implants and surgery with an understanding that it might be impossible to pay him back.

Viktor saves V's life later on in the story, making it two debts that the protagonist owes him. Viktor is smart, talented, handsome, and funny. Even without the life-saving parts of the narrative, V is a downright fool to never explore what could be with the doctor. ,,

I wonder if the one who have wrote this article ever played the game once or simply threw characters name :shrug:
Just one example, but the others are almost in the same way...
Alt Cunningham
V gets to see some of the more horrifying things in Night City, especially when checking off the Sinnerman questline, but one of the unexpected beauties is being close to Johnny's former girlfriend Alt.
Now, Johnny can potentially use V's body to have a sexual encounter with her, but her connection to Johnny is still filled with hostility. It would be interesting to see this become a romance for V, they'd make a better couple and she's already proved to be into V's body.
Alt died 60 years ago. And it only "remain" an AI who only use her engramatic datas... Meaning that Alt that we saw in Johnny's memories does not longer exist since 60 years...

To be honest, most of these options seem pretty weird to me. Either there's not enough time to develop a relationship, or it's just not meant to be that type of relationship, or they are just not ready yet. And well, the Alt suggestion makes no sense whatsoever...

the alt and jonny one i didnt understood either, but goro,clair, or vik makes sense
Vik, I don't think. I see him more as a dad/uncle or a big brother. So okay, "maybe"...
But :
  • Claire, if you "listened" her during her quest line, she loved her husband more than the life itself and still love him. She's clearly not ready to start anything with anyone. She simply ask to V help for her revenge... Nothing more.
  • Goro is "in" Arasaka since his childwood, he was literally conditionned for been an Arasaka soldier (all his dialogues in the game are always about Arasaka, always...). His life and his only "love" are the corpo (he have no friend... Or one, if we consider Oda as a "real" friend...) So he's not ready and never will for a relationship. It seem pretty clear to me at least.

All the story characters outside of who already is a romance interest are written out of such. I'm not really interested in them becoming so either.

Sure add more variety to JoyToy's if you like, but I think new romance options should only come from DLC.

Would love to have the option of warming up further to Rogue. She's plainly not put off by the sheer weirdness of an ongoing romantic attachment to the construct in V's head, and doesn't seem at all averse to a V of either gender. Her response to V asking her out on Johnny's behalf rather implies that even if V were asking personally and not for Johnny, she'd at least consider it.

It also seems reasonable to think if Rogue sees V as a positive influence on Johnny, that Johnny might also have some influence over V including his feelings for Rogue. Wouldn't seem too wild an idea that V might start feeling the bleed-through of those feelings in a way that feels organic and indistinguishable from natural feelings, especially as the Relic process progresses.

It'd be cool if a V who isn't romancing anyone else could suggest to Rogue that she can have them both. It's not even remotely the most bizarre arrangement this world has to offer.

More romances hmm? Personally, I prefer not. More joytoys (and normal people) to be available for one night stands. Apart from that, expand the current romances. Hell if you want to make Meredith's romance actual romance. Let it start and be for some time as it is now, but later something happens and they slowly get into romance with each other. I don't know. Sounds interesting in my head:)
The only romance that is a problem for me is Kerry's one and how it is gated behind you befriending Johnny. I want there to be some path for the NPC without such high requirements ( correct me if there is ofcourse).

I like how it is, though I might be a little jaded after replaying the game quite a few times to the point where when a "romance" cutscene starts, it's time to go get something to drink. One could say that more romances could help keep that aspect of the game going but V is trying to save their life, not fuck their way through the neighborhood. It's been a long time since I've had that many... balls in the air so I am impressed with V's management skills, I just think that any more romances and CDPR is going to have to add another trophy award called "King Salami."
Post automatically merged:

I'd be fine with adding more Joy Toys though. Hey, if you're dying, you might as throw it all around town to get some more notches on the bedpost while you're at it. But there is no time for more romances.

Last edited:
Hell if you want to make Meredith's romance actual romance. Let it start and be for some time as it is now, but later something happens and they slowly get into romance with each other. I don't know. Sounds interesting in my head:)
Meredith, it make more sense because she's clearly "open" for relationships with male and female V. What kind of relations, who know :D
My problem with Meredith, it's because there is one chance on two that she could end at the bottom of the sea with conrete boots, right at the beginning of the game. Some could say that River can die too, but for River, V must intentionally abandon him at the middle of his quest. Whereas during The Pickup, you can't really know in advance the outcome and consequences of the quest the first time you play.

Meredith, it make more sense because she's clearly "open" for relationships with male and female V. What kind of relations, who know :D
Can totally see expanding Meredith's interactions into a sort of you-scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours arrangement. Not a true romance as such, but it'd be very on-brand for a corpo to have an ongoing exchange of 'favors' with a talented merc. ;)

Can totally see expanding Meredith's interactions into a sort of you-scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours arrangement. Not a true romance as such, but it'd be very on-brand for a corpo to have an ongoing exchange of 'favors' with a talented merc. ;)
Yep as a "sex-friends" it make sense for sure and above all, for both male or female V.
But "romance" it's a little bit different (I think) or maybe I didn't understand "romance" at first...:D

Anyway, in view of TW3 expansions, I'm quite confident that the current characters won't change and CDPR will add more (and new) romance options (characters) in expansions :)

Last edited:
If someone seriously suggests Viktor as a romance option purely on the basis that he did nice things for V, completely discounting the very obviously plutonic uncle/bro vibes the character spews out in obvious droves, then they're just that creepy friend zone type and shouldn't be trusted to judge anything related to what relationships we should or shouldn't have.

If someone seriously suggests Viktor as a romance option purely on the basis that he did nice things for V, completely discounting the very obviously plutonic uncle/bro vibes the character spews out in obvious droves, then they're just that creepy friend zone type and shouldn't be trusted to judge anything related to what relationships we should or shouldn't have.
I would have been kinder about it, but yeah. Viktor is more like a father figure and, since we know nothing (afaik) about V's parents or childhood, I don't think we could go with "daddy issues" as a premise to get around that either.

Vik, I don't think. I see him more as a dad/uncle or a big brother. So okay, "maybe"...
But :
  • Claire, if you "listened" her during her quest line, she loved her husband more than the life itself and still love him. She's clearly not ready to start anything with anyone. She simply ask to V help for her revenge... Nothing more.
  • Goro is "in" Arasaka since his childwood, he was literally conditionned for been an Arasaka soldier (all his dialogues in the game are always about Arasaka, always...). His life and his only "love" are the corpo (he have no friend... Or one, if we consider Oda as a "real" friend...) So he's not ready and never will for a relationship. It seem pretty clear to me at least.
Goro does question some things for the first time on that rooftop on the construction site. A relationship on a "normalized" understood way might be impossible but, as other relationships adapt their nature to the nature of the character, this could be very interestig to explore. Maybe the climax of this relationship could be very softcore in terms of what happens but have romantic conotations (once again, what could be romantic for someone like Goro?). Just starting to realize his life-view-paradigms might be wrong and question them might invoque hard feeling torwards who helps him see this.
Viktor doesn't attract me and you can feel what you mentioned above but he might be very attractive to a lot of people, partly because of that protective nature.
Claire I agree, I can't imagine she would be open for any romantic interaction within the game's timeframe

I would have been kinder about it, but yeah. Viktor is more like a father figure and, since we know nothing (afaik) about V's parents or childhood, I don't think we could go with "daddy issues" as a premise to get around that either.
I suppose my point is that not every positive relationship (in general, not just in this game) needs to be romanticised and it's a trait of a certain type of person that feels opposed to that.

Viktor is not written as a romantic option and the suggestion that he might have been is reasonable if he was re-written from scratch. However, the proposal is that he merits being a romantic option as is and that's just way too close to that trait, for me.

I personally think the total number of romantic options isn't the issue, rather the quality of those options and what happens around them (that is to suggest that I don't think enough happens at all and the quality of the stories varies dramatically)

In the end, the romance stories simply determine slight alterations in dialogue across a handful of missions and change the epilogue/credits scenes. Oh and a quick cinematic sequence that's... Questionable in quality depending on who you choose.

I suppose my point is that not every positive relationship (in general, not just in this game) needs to be romanticised and it's a trait of a certain type of person that feels opposed to that.

Viktor is not written as a romantic option and the suggestion that he might have been is reasonable if he was re-written from scratch. However, the proposal is that he merits being a romantic option as is and that's just way too close to that trait, for me.

I personally think the total number of romantic options isn't the issue, rather the quality of those options and what happens around them (that is to suggest that I don't think enough happens at all and the quality of the stories varies dramatically)

In the end, the romance stories simply determine slight alterations in dialogue across a handful of missions and change the epilogue/credits scenes. Oh and a quick cinematic sequence that's... Questionable in quality depending on who you choose.
Totally agree. Unless sex cut scenes are the goal like with Joy Toys, romance stories - like any other type of story - need to work within the context of the characters if they are alreay established and not interfere with already established stories. You just can't shoehorn that kind of content in there.

I agree that I cannot imagine to have a romantic option for Viktor. He is smart and has his charme but for me it doesn't work.

Top Bottom