More romance options please?

+
Goro does question some things for the first time on that rooftop on the construction site. A relationship on a "normalized" understood way might be impossible but, as other relationships adapt their nature to the nature of the character, this could be very interestig to explore. Maybe the climax of this relationship could be very softcore in terms of what happens but have romantic conotations (once again, what could be romantic for someone like Goro?). Just starting to realize his life-view-paradigms might be wrong and question them might invoque hard feeling torwards who helps him see this.
In fact Goro, for me, represents the "top" of corporate control. If we listen to him, he spent his whole life to and for "serve" Arasaka and Saburo, which it's very sad and make him an interesting character too.
  • "Rescued" from the "worste" neighbordhood in Japan by Arasaka which gave him some things that he would never have found elsewhere... Food, a bed to sleep in, security, an education and an "ideal" to serve. In short, he "see" Arasaka as a family and Saburo probably as a father. And I imagine he serve Saburo for the most of his life and been "Saburo's personal guard" is a real ful time job, there is no place for anything else. It's sad...
  • Even on the roof, when he said that he would want to leave "all this mess" and live like a Nomad (so to live "normally"). It seem to be just a "dream" that he hastens to brake, saying that it's too late anyway (you don't teach an old monkey new tricks). It's also sad...
  • And in the other endings than the Devil ending, rather than leaving or let it go (or "leave and live"), he prefer to commit a suicide because he think he lost everything and failed in his task (the opposite of what he said to V when he needed him/her : to fight et never let it go). It's too sad...
So I imagine it could be possible to make him change his mind, but it could take a (very) long while to do it. So less than a year it's clearly not enough in my opinion. He's way too focused on seeing his old life back. And he probably forget (or maybe even he never knew) what a "normal" life could be...

Alt died 60 years ago. And it only "remain" an AI who only use her engramatic datas... Meaning that Alt that we saw in Johnny's memories does not longer exist since 60 years...

But.... But.... Love conquers all!
Some people apparently want to it conquer death too........:facepalm:

This list is fascinating. Not in a good way. Granted the article was written in early January 2021, just barely a month into release, and there a few lines in there are just wrong, so I assume Hodey Johns didn't finish the game completely or even played it much past a few hours then threw names in that they saw elsewhere.

Other than that, it's a weird look into some seriously messed up ideas about romance.

I mean, Misty is second and this is written "Though one of her best friends dies, she thinks first of how it might be affecting", nope not her best friend. Her literal boyfriend dies. Even if it was just her best friend, most people are not up to begin a relationship with a terminally ill person a few days after losing someone close. What kind of shitty, weird, Hollywood-at-it's-worst script would that be?

The same goes for Evelyn and this whole "not developing feelings for her during her recovery is a missed opportunity" or Victor's romance? Like others have said, he is clearly written as a father figure. This is just a weird list that sounds a lot more like "I just want to romance people regardless of how fitting it would be because everyone should want a romantic relationship with my protagonist" than anything else.

CDPR will surely add more romances in expansions. At least I think they will but other than that they should focus on what's already there, not try to give everyone a romantic relationship with their favorite NPC. Trying to do that would only end up diluting every romance option.

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

I'd rather they improve Kerry's and River's romances first given how barebones they both are when it comes to dialogue. Since they're both romance options that already exist and their romances should have been more fleshed out.

The way CDPR did romances (as unbalanced as they are) is that V gets to spend a bit of time with each of them during their quests. Only Claire and Takemura have something like this, and Claire's story makes it quite clear (heh) she's not done grieving for her husband yet. So, CDPR would either have to write several new characters with their own questlines, or come up with questlines for some existing characters. Both options require more resources than working on the romance options that are already in the game.

Also, Vik's Polish VA passed away last year. CDPR might not want to re-cast him out of respect for the VA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soo its actually soo official now that people want more romance options with more people ingame. And Viktor Vector is on top of it!! I found a good article about it, its actually the 10 most wanted people ingame. Devs should def.start to listen to their gamers... ''
V is left without any friends after only a few hours into the main quest. The closest person in V's life is Viktor, a ripperdoc who gives V free implants and surgery with an understanding that it might be impossible to pay him back.

Viktor saves V's life later on in the story, making it two debts that the protagonist owes him. Viktor is smart, talented, handsome, and funny. Even without the life-saving parts of the narrative, V is a downright fool to never explore what could be with the doctor. ,,

Is this list a joke?

How the F could you go a date Alt? Seems more like some horny guys got to vote somewhere...

The only people I would agree with on the list are
- Claire
- Rogue
- Takemura

And personally I would've added different ones alltogether.
[Edit], no, I'm gonna revise. There's only 3 I would accept from the list, and all would need some good and lots of expanded story content to make work.
But out of those listed only 3 could potentially work.

Last edited:

GLN7

Forum regular
Claire - wanted to date her on first sight. Learned her story, and realized -
1) I appreciate her as a human being, but that my boner has an aversion to transwomen. Would be her wingman anyday though.
2) She is absolutely still grieving, not ready for a relationship even if I was. Not good for her, not good for me. Her character is perfect, romance options would honestly break a great character. Still wish I could have talked her down at the end of the race - I always RP "Persuade" skill types, and just hoped I would save her from what will eventually have to be a guilty conscience. She murdered that guy.

Viktor - his voice (English VA) sounds like a kindly Grandfather. Not an ageist, but also not doing anything for me.

OP wants everyone in the game to be playersexual. Make a mod duder.

I get the attraction to Claire and Goro. These two are good people, but like real life you don't get to date all the "good" choices available.

Takemura slowly warms to you but he's confined by his worldview and you're dying right at the point he might be pliable to such a move. But I think he would turn V down.

I'd rather see more options added with more "flavors." More good vs. bad options for all persuasions--I know there are complaints about Kerry. Why not give female V a "bad" option as well, ect.

Slightly OT but, *sigh*, I wish there'd been a nicer way to turn down River than making it sound like you're not interested in him, something like, "I'm sorry, but I'm in love with someone else, her name is Judy." He'd realise it's not personal, and he's barking up the wrong tree anyway.

Slightly OT but, *sigh*, I wish there'd been a nicer way to turn down River than making it sound like you're not interested in him, something like, "I'm sorry, but I'm in love with someone else, her name is Judy." He'd realise it's not personal, and he's barking up the wrong tree anyway.
Not sure how your playthrough might've changed the options available from what appeared in mine, but my V shagged him stupid and then turned down the offer of a relationship because she was dying. It was a very amicable walk back to just being friends. Maybe the options were slightly less empathetic and warm if you didn't sleep with him first (V wasn't with Judy yet).
Post automatically merged:

[Goro is] way too focused on seeing his old life back. And he probably forget (or maybe even he never knew) what a "normal" life could be...
I think you're right on the money here. The only thing Goro *really* wants is to get his life back. He had the security of the duty and loyalty he'd been trained to from childhood. He had comfort and plenty, good food and the reflected wealth of being so closely associated with the rich and powerful. For a boy who had lucked into an unlikely escape from a life of abject poverty in the slums, being cast off like refuse would have been his worst nightmare.

There was no room in his life for a relationship. Any feeling he may have developed for V would have been of circumstance and necessity. As it was, he jumped at the opportunity to return to Arasaka's good graces, and V would never have even entered his consideration before making that choice.

So, not a great romantic prospect there. Unless you have some sort of kink for being thrown under the bus.

Last edited:
I really hope with one of the DLC packs we get to explore more of V and Panam making across the border doing jobs to keep the clan together helping her decide plans and exploring Panam's back story V's back story and building their relationship more even managing to save V's life in the end so they could be together forever.I can imagine in my head how and why Panam ended up where she was and how she had to fend for herself and then meeting V and showing a vulnerable side there's so much to that story you could make and build on

*snip* most people are not up to begin a relationship with a terminally ill person *snip*
This, IMO is the big problem with romance in CP 2077. Getting romantically involved with people, when you know you are so close to your expiry, is IMO (again) a dick move.

Non-romance related activities with others characters would be cool. I don't want to shag Vik, but wouldn't mind a few beers with him. Or maybe get Panam into the street races, after Claire is done with them?

Incidentally and not that they're 'romances' per se, but there are two new joytoys at Darkstar. Don't know if they were added with 1.3 or 1.5, but there's a man and a woman, and they offer a more expensive (3K eds) but also more relaxed experience than the cheap, fast shag in a shabby motel available on Jig Jig Street.

It's a side bonus imo that the woman resembles Young Rogue and even has the same hair. ;)

Incidentally and not that they're 'romances' per se, but there are two new joytoys at Darkstar. Don't know if they were added with 1.3 or 1.5, but there's a man and a woman, and they offer a more expensive (3K eds) but also more relaxed experience than the cheap, fast shag in a shabby motel available on Jig Jig Street.

It's a side bonus imo that the woman resembles Young Rogue and even has the same hair. ;)
Not sure, but I think these joytoys are "there" since day one :)

Not sure, but I think these joytoys are "there" since day one :)
Could be, but I'm pretty sure I strafed through Darkstar the first time I played at launch and their icons never showed up on my map. Saw them for the first time this playthrough. Mebbe a glitch, mebbe they were on a coffee break last time. :shrug: ;)

Could be, but I'm pretty sure I strafed through Darkstar the first time I played at launch and their icons never showed up on my map. Saw them for the first time this playthrough. Mebbe a glitch, mebbe they were on a coffee break last time. :shrug: ;)
Yeah, I didn't pay attention too, but it's quite "old" for sure :)
A screenshot posted by @AikoHayashi (June 13th 2021 in 1.23) - Dark Matter joytoy

That's the one thing I think they missed from the game there needs to be more romance options also not ones locked behind certain genders it should be fluid I hope they add DLC with more romance options or new NPCs.

Definitely agree with the above.

More romance options would help make the game more immersive or deeper character interactions.

Top Bottom