More romance options please?

+
I can only hope they drop a DLC that has epic romances for Takemura and Johnny and Vic because i love those three characters and i would love to get to romance them.
I suppose that you expected to be able to romance characters who were especially written to not be romanceable :(
- Johnny, a "ghost" which only exist in V's head, who still in love with Alt (a ghost too) and Rogue.
- Goro, a lone wolf, totally devoted to Arasaka and closed to any kind of relationship, even a firendship.
- Viktor, who is a sort of father figure or big brother to V. Someone with experience that V can rely on.

- Goro, a lone wolf, totally devoted to Arasaka and closed to any kind of relationship, even a firendship.
That's a slightly unfair judgment of Goro. You can see/make him and V become friends, and his loyalty to Arasaka doesn't preclude this. If you keep him alive, make the right choices in dialogue, and play the Devil, you can very easily see that he does care about V. If you keep him alive, make the right choices in dialogue, and play any other ending, the message he leaves V in the credits feels feels personal in its anger.

If they had more time and more resources, he could have easily become a romancable character.

That's a slightly unfair judgment of Goro. You can see/make him and V become friends, and his loyalty to Arasaka doesn't preclude this. If you keep him alive, make the right choices in dialogue, and play the Devil, you can very easily see that he does care about V. If you keep him alive, make the right choices in dialogue, and play any other ending, the message he leaves V in the credits feels feels personal in its anger.
Hum... I don't think so.
"Taking care" in Goro's mind doesn't really means "be friend" in sense that we expect normally, in my opinion :(

Remember Oda... His only "friend" according to Goro. Yes, Goro take care of him. He even implore V to spare him after the fight and he's (very) angry if V kill him anyway.
But during "Down On The Street", Goro confess to Oda that if Yorinobu ask to bring Oda's head to him (as Yorinobu asked to Oda), he would have done it without hesitation, nor pity...
So no, I can't see a "friend" doing this kind of thing... For me and how his character was written, Goro don't even know what "friendship" really means, so even less "love".
This is the interesting and "dramatic" side of the character, who was raised and conditioned entirely by a corporation and Saburo :)

Last edited:
Hum... I don't think so.
"Taking care" in Goro's mind doesn't really means "be friend" in sense that we expect normally, in my opinion :(

Remember Oda... His only "friend" according to Goro. Yes, Goro take care of him. He even implore V to spare him after the fight and he's (very) angry if V kill him anyway.
But during "Down On The Street", Goro confess to Oda that if Yorinobu ask to bring Oda's head to him (as Yorinobu asked to Oda), he would have done it without hesitation, nor pity...
So no, I can't see a "friend" doing this kind of thing... For me and how his character was written, Goro don't even know what "friendship" really means, so even less "love".
This is the interesting and "dramatic" side of the character, who was raised and conditioned entirely by a corporation and Saburo :)
I actually think those are great ingredients for a totally original romance, cyberpunk style. Maybe the end of the romance would be that conclusion, that although Goro would try to have a romance with V, it would "fail" in the end. Or it wouldn't, but would be a different kind of romance. There are so many different relationships, some couples are together for years not because of love, but confort, they have the same habits, so they go on together; some people end up dating someone who was a "father figure" to them before (about Vic). I think we're in an Era where diversity is preached everywhere but there is more and more a protocol on how things are done right (this kind of romance IS love, this kind is non-acceptable,...

I actually think those are great ingredients for a totally original romance, cyberpunk style. Maybe the end of the romance would be that conclusion, that although Goro would try to have a romance with V, it would "fail" in the end. Or it wouldn't, but would be a different kind of romance.
In fact, it's not the relation can "fail", how Goro character is written, a romance with Goro can never start. V can want romance Goro, yes... but Goro, he's not open for that at all :(
I just rewatch Devil ending to be sure and to not say bullshits^^
So he don't come in the station because he decided himself, not because he wanted, not because V and he were friends, but "simply" because Arasaka asked him come speak to V.
So even in this ending, V and him are not friends, he have like @AlienSpaceBats said, simply sympathy but nothing more...
Start of the dialogue with Goro in the station :
V : "What're you doin' here ?"
Goro : "I have come to speak with you. It is an aweful place... it is no wonder you are loosing your mind"
V : "Come all the way here to take me home ?"
Goro : "They ask me to speak with you"
V : "how asked you ? How wanted you to talk to me ? Hanako ?"
Goro : "She has forgotten you already. They called me from here, from the clinic"
V : "And what did they say ?"
Goro : "They say someone should talk to you. Someone you know."
So I'm sorry, honestly, without an "heavy" rewritting, I don't know how a romance with Goro can be decently added :(

I hope they add something since the expansion happens in Pacifica using locations currently in the game

I can see at least 2 more romance options but completely new characters

Hopefully CDPR adds something to do with your romances after everything is finished but I don't expect anything more than the bare minimum we got with previous romantic partners

In fact, it's not the relation can "fail", how Goro character is written, a romance with Goro can never start. V can want romance Goro, yes... but Goro, he's not open for that at all :(
I just rewatch Devil ending to be sure and to not say bullshits^^
So he don't come in the station because he decided himself, not because he wanted, not because V and he were friends, but "simply" because Arasaka asked him come speak to V.
So even in this ending, V and him are not friends, he have like @AlienSpaceBats said, simply sympathy but nothing more...
Start of the dialogue with Goro in the station :

So I'm sorry, honestly, without an "heavy" rewritting, I don't know how a romance with Goro can be decently added :(
I disagree. Because I'm talking about a "rewriting", yes. The version that is in the game could have that devil end result if V chose to be colder to Goro, but with other player options things could be different in my opinion.
Remember the conversation with Goro on the rooftop, about corporations and Goro's desire to just leave with Nomads? So Goro has had a very restricted life with the Corp and his world view was deeply affected by it. But he is capable of engaging in these thoughts. Let's not forget a human tendency which is denial and trying to be something you're not. So, example: after that rooftop talk Goro starts thinking about this new freedom which is being released from a corpo and convinces himself he can have some things other people take for granted (also let's not exclude the biological (Goro is still human and must get hard ons from time to time; if his idol is Saburo Arasaka he himself had children and a wife, so he might have always wanted to be like him, even in that sense). With this in mind he could have convinced himself he could have a romance and try it with V. Only to find that habits die hard and the relationship ends up a mess.
This is one example but if we don't think of what's in the game as set in stone and the only think that makes sense we can have a more zoomed out view of what's in there, where it falls short aswell as where the game is brilliant.
That's just my view of course.

I disagree. Because I'm talking about a "rewriting", yes. The version that is in the game could have that devil end result if V chose to be colder to Goro, but with other player options things could be different in my opinion.
Remember the conversation with Goro on the rooftop, about corporations and Goro's desire to just leave with Nomads?
Yep I remember, but how Goro character is currently write, like always, each time that V try to open a door to push Goro to "think" differently or to other things than his revenge and Arasaka, Goro close it almost immedialty.
In this case :
Goro : "Sometimes I wish to become a nomad. To leave this world, forget everything"
V : "Never too late to change"
Goro : "What is your expression... One cannot teach an old dog new tricks"
So unlike of Meredith for example, a character which CDPR can "easily" add a romance without any "rewriting", Goro was specially written to not be romancable :(

Guest 4412420

@larrackell shared a link to a comment made by the quest designer who worked on Takemura's questline, he said that the reason they didn't make Takemura a romance option was because he was created late during the development and they ran out of time and resources to make him into a love interest, not that romance with him would have went against his characterization.

I'd argue that Meredith is a less fitting romance option than Takemura. With Goro, we get to have a little heart-to-heart and we have little moments where we can see a slightly different side to him. Meanwhile, our only interactions with Meredith are: she sets V up by giving them a spiked money chip and V has to fight through the Maelstrom base to get out if they used it and have sex with her. Both of these given an impression that she's the kind of person who uses others for her own gain and discards them once she gets what she wants. What makes her a more fitting option than Takemura? Casual sex?

I guess you could say that it's perfect for a corpo romance, but romance adds a different dynamic between the characters and assuming that the only way a relationship with a corpo could end is with a betrayal because they're a corpo is a bit simplistic and puts characters into stereotypical boxes, and most CDPR's characters are more complex than that.

Sure, there are decades of indoctrination that Takemura has to unlearn and that's incredibly difficult, but they could have simply given an option for V to join Arasaka in the Devil ending and leave with Takemura to Japan and spend their remaining months together and perhaps V trying to help him unlearn that blind devotion as his faith in Arasaka gets shaken a bit in that ending. He drops the honorifics when talking about the Arasakas at the space station.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been over a year, when are we going to stop calling these 1 night stands romance options?
In terms of content and story progression I would have liked to have seen something like Yennefer's/Triss' romances, those felt extremely compelling for me (well, Triss' one if you carry it on from TW2 and save her from the Nilfgaardians (what an awesome romance that one was))

I'd rather have some story content that reflects the dystopian nature of the setting than a dating simulator.
I think romances in games are overrated, or at least their importance is. While they only interest a certain percentage of the current playerbase, new stories added to RPGs normally interest all of them.

I'd rather have some story content that reflects the dystopian nature of the setting than a dating simulator.
I think romances in games are overrated, or at least their importance is. While they only interest a certain percentage of the current playerbase, new stories added to RPGs normally interest all of them.
Having romance in a game does not equate dating sim. Romance is a part of life, even digital life. It's something you can choose to participate in, or not. Those of us who like that aspect of an RPG, like to have a bit of variety and some substance. CDPR did the male options dirty in the game, and overall didn't give us much after the romances are locked in. No new dialogue trees, no ability to hug/kiss/cuddle. They added the sweet text messages in the last patch and the ability to sleep in their bed and wake up next to them, but that's it. Should be more, and all options should have been equal.

I get it, not everyone is into it though. But if you have romance in your game, then don't half-ass it. It's whole ass or no ass.

Having romance in a game does not equate dating sim. Romance is a part of life, even digital life. It's something you can choose to participate in, or not. Those of us who like that aspect of an RPG, like to have a bit of variety and some substance. CDPR did the male options dirty in the game, and overall didn't give us much after the romances are locked in. No new dialogue trees, no ability to hug/kiss/cuddle. They added the sweet text messages in the last patch and the ability to sleep in their bed and wake up next to them, but that's it. Should be more, and all options should have been equal.

I get it, not everyone is into it though. But if you have romance in your game, then don't half-ass it. It's whole ass or no ass.
I agree with both stances somehow: the main thing that attracts me from a videogame is the world and lore (such is the case of The Witcher and KOTOR for me), but the romances DO have something worthy to add to the whole experience IMHO

Last edited:
I just wanted more random activities to do after endgame to give me a reason to play

Working on my second playthrough of Witcher 3 and planning my third out already.

I cannot do a third playthrough of CP77 story wise it lacks a lot

Will we get a more complete romantic relationship with Meredith Stout?
Who knows? I did Venus In Furs last night out of curiosity. I was able to see it via a camera mod and well...hot damn! My V is still super gay, but still...got a cool weapon out of it. lol. I don't see her as a relationship type though. She seems to be a "wham-bam-thankya-ma'am" kind of lady.

Who knows? I did Venus In Furs last night out of curiosity. I was able to see it via a camera mod and well...hot damn! My V is still super gay, but still...got a cool weapon out of it. lol. I don't see her as a relationship type though. She seems to be a "wham-bam-thankya-ma'am" kind of lady.
Sorry for my bad English. I personally don't think Meredith Stout is actually the kind of character that uses you and then dumps you, I think she might be the kind of character that is similar to Catwoman or Ada Wong, she uses you and she likes you, and she May be willing to maintain an ambiguous relationship with you, and as an employee of militech, she can help you develop a story related to militech.

I get what you say, but I could see it developing because Militech needs to hire a Merc, and Meredith suggest V. That leads to some Militech gigs with Meredith as the point of contact, that could then develop into a casual lets see what happens type of romance.

Top Bottom