Request: More stealthkills / combat takedowns animations and human shield animation immersion(updated)

+
Hi there, here is some features I would love to see in game and maybe some other people would agree, so here it is :)

More stealth kills / melee takedowns in general animations / changing human shield animation.

More takedowns because well, there's none for classical melee weapons, and one or two per cybertech ( one for mantis and 2 for gorilla arms, if I remember well ? ) . I am mainly a melee player and I think the lack of diversified takedowns is making melee combats very repetitive and a bit weird sometimes, like, the ennemy flying away after a knife blow or stabbing attack is a bit weird also ^^

It is also a matter or realism, to make it less "arcade looking". That's why in a lot of modern FPS like Battlefield, COD or even TPS like Ghost recon, there's always an "execution" while being in melee ( I'm talking about the campaign and PVE content, not multiplayer )

The human shield animation has nothing bad in itself but..when you grab an ennemy like that just in front of her friend, dragging him away and he is Not screaming or calling for help is a bit disturbing. Call of Duty Cold war made something awesome for this :

( be Careful, headphones users ).

For me, if something like that happens, I would be really happy already ^^

Thank you CDProjektRed for this really awesome game that you keep upgrading ! For me, it just needs a few things and it would be perfect !

Last edited:
Different stealth animations sound great, I always think back to the animation in the 2018? Gameplay trailer, the 40 minute one that shows the trauma team mission. The animation of taking out the guard and shooting then while their head was dunked in the water was damn cool, probably very contextual to where the takedown happened but sucks it was removed

Why was this animation removed?

Stealth needs to be doable without grabbing and it needs to have animations that include all melee variations.

Melee in general needs to have more executes.

Why was this animation removed?

Stealth needs to be doable without grabbing and it needs to have animations that include all melee variations.

Melee in general needs to have more executes.

Yes, it is too repetitve, I really think it would make it funnier and stealth more enjoyable :)
Post automatically merged:

Yes, I totally agree. Some nice features have been sadly removed. I hope it's not because it"s too violent or things like that... As the universe is really violent in itself and serious, why not doing that ^^

I hope our dear devs will add more content like that :)

YEEEES! SO MUCH YES! I can't start to describe how disappointed I was when sneaking up to an enemy from behind with my new, shiny mantis blades only to just grab the enemy likevi always did...

YEEEES! SO MUCH YES! I can't start to describe how disappointed I was when sneaking up to an enemy from behind with my new, shiny mantis blades only to just grab the enemy likevi always did...

Haha, Yes I understand xD I was a bit surprised myself... The more people come here and talk, more chances we have to see this happening :) At least, I hope.

I'm really glad we are more than 2 or 3 people thinking that way :)

I feel like they really botched Stealth in this game. I understand no allowing a stealth option for all missions, but its like it was slapped in the game instead of planned.

The knife throwing perk is garbage: Cant you buy a cyberware that 3d prints knifes that why there is a point to having that perk instead of wasting knifes and having to reequip them.

Like we have the mono wire, what is the point of it doing more damage is there isnt any stealth kills with it. Its a heated garrot wire! how do we not have animations for it other than a dude swinging his arms like hes a ribbon dancer. It doesnt even snare or do any cool assassin tricks like most assassins anime dudes with strings do. They could use that as inspiration.

Same thing goes with blade animations. instead of full sword or knife snicks, actually have the weapons in hand when performing grabs and kills. It would be nice if defending on the grab if the NPC makes more noise or not. Some might scream for help, others might beg for their life, some might reveal information about the quest. It would make the mechanic more immersive and useful. There is no real interrogation abilities that would incentivize non lethal play troughs. Especially as stealth players.

Stealth executions with guns would be cool. Depending on the gun does it make a noise. Is it a silent pistol tap or are you blowing out someones spines and guts with a shotty scaring all the npc's that see this public execution.

That brings me to my next point npc reactions. Can you use bodies are human shields. Faster grab time perks. Disarm them. Have NPC's try to save victims or be scared. For an immersive game they really neglected the stealth mechanic.

I feel like they really botched Stealth in this game. I understand no allowing a stealth option for all missions, but its like it was slapped in the game instead of planned.

The knife throwing perk is garbage: Cant you buy a cyberware that 3d prints knifes that why there is a point to having that perk instead of wasting knifes and having to reequip them.

Like we have the mono wire, what is the point of it doing more damage is there isnt any stealth kills with it. Its a heated garrot wire! how do we not have animations for it other than a dude swinging his arms like hes a ribbon dancer. It doesnt even snare or do any cool assassin tricks like most assassins anime dudes with strings do. They could use that as inspiration.

Same thing goes with blade animations. instead of full sword or knife snicks, actually have the weapons in hand when performing grabs and kills. It would be nice if defending on the grab if the NPC makes more noise or not. Some might scream for help, others might beg for their life, some might reveal information about the quest. It would make the mechanic more immersive and useful. There is no real interrogation abilities that would incentivize non lethal play troughs. Especially as stealth players.

Stealth executions with guns would be cool. Depending on the gun does it make a noise. Is it a silent pistol tap or are you blowing out someones spines and guts with a shotty scaring all the npc's that see this public execution.

That brings me to my next point npc reactions. Can you use bodies are human shields. Faster grab time perks. Disarm them. Have NPC's try to save victims or be scared. For an immersive game they really neglected the stealth mechanic.

Like the Mono Wire, it could throw the knife and then come back, somewhat similar to the Kunai Rope Dart.

I Do agree with a lot of saying, in the precedents posts. I really think there is a lack of melee and stealth features, indeed. The mono wires could be a really funny weapon to use and there could be a lot of nice things to do with it.

When you grab an ennemy as human shield, it is really disturbing who he or she reacts. No fear, no screaming, no cries... This is a bit unimersive. Also, having only neckbreaking execution, while having knives or mantis blades is also a bit weird for me, I think.

In my oppinion , this is the most immersive and " correct" way to use the human shield mechanic, especially for stealth if you didn't saw the first's post video :

And like in " The last of us 2" You could stealth kill the ennemy you grab.

Top Bottom