more then 200 hours of gameplay!

+
more then 200 hours of gameplay!

In the recent interview with demian (i think ) he said that until now everytime we were asked about gameplay time we said the game will have 100 hours , he then said we were saying 100 hours because its a safe thing to say,and now he clearly without a doubt stated there is going to more then 200 hours of gameplay, if your going to play all the side quests and do everything the game have to offer.

That's a pretty impressive feat considering how CDPred talked about the quality of each quest. But hopefully Damien speaks the truth and I won't have to see the outside world for that little bit longer:)

That's a pretty impressive feat considering how CDPred talked about the quality of each quest. But hopefully Damien speaks the truth and I won't have to see the outside world for that little bit longer:)

It's just the double

Perhaps, 100 hours would mean a single playthrough, and to do all 3 main choices it would take 200 hrs
Also do you have the link of the interview?

It honestly depends on the person. If I were to look around without the usage of fast travel and appreciate my surroundings to the fullest, I'd imagine 200 hrs isn't too difficult to achieve.

I got about 45 or so hours out of The Witcher 1 and 2 on Normal and I know I missed some stuff. I expect at least 50 hours my first playthrough.

It honestly depends on the person. If I were to look around without the usage of fast travel and appreciate my surroundings to the fullest, I'd imagine 200 hrs isn't too difficult to achieve.

I only play 2 hours a day. So my gameplay will be a looot bigger.

Hopefully it's a real 100-200 hours, and not endless looting, grinding or *simple* fetching, destroying or fedexing. (I'm so sick of open world games that are 50% looting.)

Well, I know I'm gonna have long nights. Luckly I have green tea and lots of coffee at home

I'm actually glad that I'm going to be jobless around TW3 release....

Anyway, this was already discussed in the Interviews thread... Basically Damien is talking about 200 hours being what you should expect if you take your time, explore the world fairly thoroughly, constantly engage in random events, ride around doing random shit etc.

The actual Quest content is still only 50-100 Hours.
(And remember that even the 50-100 might be a Dev exaggeration)

Last edited:
In february 24 we should go inside this world, so indiscribable expected by all of us, without any rush whatsoever.
If i completly forget that i have a controller / mouse and keybord in my hands and simple become Geralt, then i can say Witcher 3 fulfilled its duty with me. Most of the time i expect to be so immersed in this universe that i will be unaware that i am actually playing a game.
Few games could do that to me.. Witcher 1 being one of them. My point being.. I will probably (and gladly) take more than 200 hours to finish this game.

Last edited:
I'm taking this with a grain of salt. Game length in RPGs is a variable number, much more than, say, linear FPS. One player can take twice or even thrice as long as the other. You control the pace, and the amount of activities you engage in. Then there's the issue of quality. The longer a game is, the bigger the chance of the quality lowering.

I really hope that one day fetch quests without any substance to them (e.g. gather 10 herbs) will vanish completely. They're a very uninspiring way to lengthen a game. If Wild Hunt won't have them, or have very few of them in comparison to other RPGs, and still be this long, I'll be shocked. If it has its share of fetch quests, than this bloated game length doesn't excite me, no more than spending dozens of hours on Arkham or AC to gather the collectibles does. It's essentially the same sort of pointless (to me) activities that have no soul.

If PR statements are true that TW3 sidequests aren't just pointless fetch missions, this would justify the 200-hour gameplay. And I do believe so since majority of TW2's sidequests are story-driven and requires you to tackle the main quest in order to continue. I remember them saying that even with a huge world and tons of activities in TW3, the game will still pull you to the main story one way or the other.

I always take far longer to complete games, especially open world titles.

I never like using fast travel anyway, why skip beautiful scenery and immersive gameplay? Traversal is the best way to learn the lay of the land, especially if there as many hidden secrets as I've heard about.

I can't wait to be given a quest that takes Geralt across the world, stopping at taverns and picking up contracts for coin along the way!

I always take far longer to complete games, especially open world titles.

I never like using fast travel anyway, why skip beautiful scenery and immersive gameplay? Traversal is the best way to learn the lay of the land, especially if there as many hidden secrets as I've heard about.

I can't wait to be given a quest that takes Geralt across the world, stopping at taverns and picking up contracts for coin along the way!
I learned to stop using fast travel when I learned how much I had just missed in Oblivion by over using it. Though I wonder if there's an alternative to fast travel in TW3. In the trailers you see the horse sticking REALLY well to the roads. I wonder if that's a new form of fast travel where your horse basically goes on autopilot.

I learned to stop using fast travel when I learned how much I had just missed in Oblivion by over using it. Though I wonder if there's an alternative to fast travel in TW3. In the trailers you see the horse sticking REALLY well to the roads. I wonder if that's a new form of fast travel where your horse basically goes on autopilot.

Not sure, I doubt it'll be automatic. I remember the horse trying to think for itself in Shadow of the Colossus (although it was many years ago) and it was one of the most frustrating mechanics I've come across in a game.

Its probably pretty safe to say the horse is fully player controlled.

Also can't wait to use the boats!

Not sure, I doubt it'll be automatic. I remember the horse trying to think for itself in Shadow of the Colossus (although it was many years ago) and it was one of the most frustrating mechanics I've come across in a game.

Its probably pretty safe to say the horse is fully player controlled.

Also can't wait to use the boats!
I mean a mode for the horse. Basically fast travel where it steers itself. Either there is a mode like that or those sequences are scripted and not player controlled.

I mean a mode for the horse. Basically fast travel where it steers itself. Either there is a mode like that or those sequences are scripted and not player controlled.

Maybe, if you could stop your horse as an when. Sounds like there will be procedurally generated events, so traversing the wilds automatically could miss a great deal. An auto run mode works well in MMO's, not sure if it would carry across to the Witcher, even if the horse was on tracks.

Top Bottom