More Vampires in B&W ?

+
More Vampires in B&W ?

Hey.

Considering toussaint is the region of vampires, there are not really much vampires to fight.
One Alp guarding a treasure
One Bruxa a dead body with treasure
A Small cave with a Garkin & Flatterer
Another loot location with a Garkin & two Flatterers

And ofc some fights during the story and in the cave of the unseen elder, if you choose that path.

Well, all in all thats not really much....
We have more Ghosts,bears and wolfs in B&W....

I think it would be nice to get some more random encounters against vampires spread over the B&W map.
More Alp's & Bruxas for example during Nights...
CDPR could also replace some Wolfs and bears with Vampires, i mean we have really enough of them in the maingame.
They already have the models, so it should not need much work to add a few more to the game, or replace Monsters in B&W we already see more than enough in the main game.

Update:
There is also not a single contract for a vampire in the game.
A good example for a contract could be Orianna in the end.

Example :
After geralt saved the city , the people of beauclair found out who orianna really is . They chase her out of the city and hire geralt to go after her. Geralt said already one day he's coming for her. Meanwhile Orianna fled into the forrest and hides in an old barn.

This would also fit good into the story.

Last edited:
I came here expecting to see you suggest the addition of some secksy succubi,

Shame on you, man.

i see, leaving my path was a bad idea

jj284b

Forum veteran
i wouldn't be surprised if "random encounters mod" would not do something like you are suggesting in the nearest future...

To be honest, i'm not the greatest fan of mods.
Neither am it's a way to bug your game even more. I haven't been on Toussaint yet but if there are no encounter in landscape it would be a little disapointed. I remember those encounters with werewolves or fiend was pretty amazing.
It's kind of detail and they need to patch hardly all those bugs which have come with patch 1.20 but it would be definitly nice. Empty landscapes are kinda sad.

PS: Seems that Alp is designed for not being able to turn invisible unlike Bruxae but she does. It's a bug?

Last edited:
Hey.

Considering toussaint is the region of vampires, there are not really much vampires to fight.
One Alp guarding a treasure
One Bruxa a dead body with treasure
A Small cave with a Garkin & Flatterer
Another loot location with a Garkin & two Flatterers

And ofc some fights during the story and in the cave of the unseen elder, if you choose that path.

Well, all in all thats not really much.
We have more Ghosts,bears and wolfs in B&W.

I think it would be nice to get some more random encounters against vampires spread over the B&W map.
More Alp's & Bruxas for example during Nights...
CDPR could also replace some Wolfs and bears with Vampires, i mean we have really enough of them in the maingame.

Just a idea that came into my mind.
And i think it would not be to hard to add a few more into the game.
What do you think about that ?

That's exactly what I thought!! I am at the end of the main quest and I have just fought: 1 fleder, 0 garkain, 2 bruxas, 1 alp... Come on! I expected much more!
At least during the nights! Some random encounter with vampires would be cool! And maybe this could also be added to the base game so that you can encounter ekimmaras, fleder or werewolves when exploring during the nighttime!

also, it's so boring that they reused so much of the main game's creature in the expansion....During exploration, a part of panthers, scolopendron and archespores, you always fight the same enemies... I hoped they used a completely new bestiary!

Blood and Wine was kind of a disappointment for me as the expectations were sky-high after the masterful writing of HoS. I thought the main story became uninspired and dull after La Cage au Fou. Vampire narrative wasn't properly utilized. Instead we got a bland Renfri wannabe who manipulates her ex-vampire boyfriend!? Pfftt... And as your post says too few vampires across the map. Not a single contract on them either. The plus points are the mesmerizing design of Toussaint, Regis, side quests and the soundtrack.

Last edited:
Neither am it's a way to bug your game even more.
Yep, or they don't work properly or they sound better in the description than they do in the game....

I haven't been on Toussaint yet but if there are no encounter in landscape it would be a little disapointed.

Well, you will not see much of them...
But near the end you will see a few hundreds attacking the city..
But again you fight only a few...

PS: Seems that Alp is designed for not being able to turn invisible unlike Bruxae but she does. It's a bug?

Same in my game. They are more or less the same like bruxas, even if the description says other things.

also, it's so boring that they reused so much of the main game's creature in the expansion

Yep, and as i said.. we have really enough of them in the maingame...dont know why they used them again.
They already have the models for Bruxas,Alps etc so it would not require much work to add more of them.

And as your post says too few vampires across the map. Not a single contract on them either

True, that's also a big letdown..
Not a single contract for a badass more deadly vampire...
Btw, most of them are also too easy. Even on death march

---------- Updated at 08:58 AM ----------

Btw, example for a nice vampire contract could be Orianna at the end.

After geralt saved the city , people found out who orianna really is and hire geralt again to get rid of her. Geralt said already one day he's coming for her. This would also fit good into the story.

Orianna flees out of the city and hides in the woods , in an old barn.

Damn, thats would be something really nice in my opinion ( Dreaming....)

Last edited:
@Krull32 You know there's this whole Oriannna and her orphanage (as Geralt deemed it as wine cellar-larder for blood) thing going on, we also get to know that this ancient vampire elder residing in the mysterious cave. Considering the very first description of the expansion, that in Toussaint lies an ancient secret, I think that these two, Orianna and the elder should've been in the forefront of this expansion as antagonists. Dettlaff could've played a good guy, he seemed a decent fellow, like Regis. No need for Syanna and all that crap.

Considering the very first description of the expansion, that in Toussaint lies an ancient secret, I think that these two, Orianna and the elder should've been in the forefront of this expansion as antagonists

Yep, and i think the same. The story would have benefited from this two actually really much more.
Alone the elder unseen is such a different calibre... Ancient secret belongs to him, and you can miss him....

Well, even after "the ending of B&W" , there are possibilities that the population of Beauclair hires geralt again, to get rid of some vampires hiding in caves, hunt down Orianna or even fight the elder one ( but i think he would be really to much for geralt) to get rid of the vampires in this region once and for all. But this would require some work.. and i think the chances for that are sadly not high...

Last edited:
Well, even after "the ending of B&W" , there are possibilities that the population of Beauclair hires geralt again, to get rid of some vampires hiding in caves, hunt down Orianna or even fight the elder one to get rid of the vampires in this region once and for all. But this would require some work.. and i think the chances for that are sadly not high...

It should've been like this. After centuries of dormancy the unseen elder's bloodlust is at extreme. Orianna offers children, and even adults to sedate him. Anna Henrietta and the council of Beauclair hears about this enormous amount of citizens missing day by day. They are puzzled and hires Geralt to solve the mystery.

also, it's so boring that they reused so much of the main game's creature in the expansion....During exploration, a part of panthers, scolopendron and archespores, you always fight the same enemies... I hoped they used a completely new bestiary!

Yea, they exaggerated a lot while marketing BaW. More than 20 new monster varieties!?! Huh!? Also, what's the purpose of this? "Explore the city by day, ask questions by night"??! :huh:

Yea, they exaggerated a lot while marketing BaW. More than 20 new monster varieties!?! Huh!?

Remember the " 80 different monsters in the game not counting sub-variations" ?

They always lie on this aspect. They say the double of the real number of monsters

Besides the lack of different monsters in the whole Witcher 3 game ( there are a few topics about that) , i really hope they are looking again over B&W and will do something. I mean, an expansion about vampires without many vampires feels like Wild hunt without much wild hunt again...
They have the models already, so it shouldn't need too much work.

Last edited:
I admit i was expecting a striga for Blood and Wine but seems that there is not here. And those rare lesser vampires which are alp, garkain, fielder are not common. Hum... would to like some of them in random encounter or in some caverns.

Top Bottom