Most broken weapons in CP: what should get balanced first.

+
comparing a hacker to a pistol user is like comparing a gandalf to a legolas. hacks are literally designed like high tier magic to give unfair advantage.

I think its good...
You are complaining that tech is to strong...
well you did invets quite a lot in it to make it strong

in the end, everything wher you heavlily invets points is strong
you cant be a bullet sponge, if you dont invest in it
you cant onehit kill, if you dont have the skills (maybe if you use the legendary short circuit, which isnt easy to get if you dont have the skills)

i think its good this way... you can play as a netrunner and still can kill stuff
if a netrunner couldnt kill stuff, people would also complain

certain builds are stronger
its just like an RPG like D&D, if you minmax, dont blame the game

i still would wish the AI would be a bit better, then NPC are still able to kill you... they just are kinda stupid
and if you get cought by granades or explosives, you almosst always kinda dead (if you lucky some of the cyberware will help you)

i think most stuff that happens, are because people use cheats.
money dosnt rain on you so you can buy every legendary cyberware or car or gun
you dont get unlimited components to upgrade your stuff

but there are for sure some weapons that are way stronger then others
Satori with its +600% crit damage multiplyer is realy strong
but if you dont invest in swords, its just a good weapon for everone else

Wrong, you can have infinite money with crafting, no cheats needed.
Post automatically merged:

comparing a hacker to a pistol user is like comparing a gandalf to a legolas. hacks are literally designed like high tier magic to give unfair advantage.

Except that you only need level 14 to have 20 int and the ability to craft legendary hacks. Not only is it the strongest, but it's also hands down the fastest way to god-tier. Besides, that's not even the point, like at all.

The >POINT< is, that complaining about unbalanced guns is completely asinine when far, FAR better ways to clear enemies exist.

There should be some kind of mechanic that can fry your brain or something if you hack for to long or hack aka firewall that would block your abilities temporary for the enemies to make it close and personal. That would be cool.

Oh clearly, brilliant idea and you can write the code, implement it and test it just in time for 1.07 to drop, right?

ya1

Forum regular
if you minmax, dont blame the game

And if you don't minmax? And if you take into account that half the perks do nothing?

Friend, at some point you will get 100% crit chance even if you actively avoid it. System is broken. Pls stop defending it. Game is great as a movie. Looks gorgeus, etc, etc. But as a game it's shit. Should be corrected asap. And the mechanics is the easiest thing. Just get a freaking calculator, devs!

Satori with its +600% crit damage multiplyer is realy strong

Not really. At some point everything one-shots. So (outside the two bosses in the game) it doesn't matter if it's +200% crit or +20000000% crit. With melee, you at least have to get your ass over there. With Burya you just point at the red spot from total brain dead safety.

There's also a hack

There's also a thread title. It says WEAPONS. But yeah, hacks are even more ridiculous, naturally.

This threads premis is that the guns he mentions are the most OP. They are not even close to the most OP things in the game. "skippy" is the one of the most lethal guns in the game, and its completely free.

maybe i do the crafting wrong then?
the componets to craft an item cost more eddys then you get for crafting and selling an item
and again, you dont have unlimited components, to upgrade a weapon you need tons of components, if you wanna keep a level 1 weapon like Dying Night

that beeing sayd.. crafing and quickhacks are the most important skills for me

Unfortunately. The shooting through walls should have some kind of limitation like massive dmg drop the further you are away from the target and you can only shoot through only one wall.
Yes, please!
I love sniper rifles. Because I am also evolving Technology for Crafting, Nekomata should be my weapon of choice. Unfortunately, it feels like exploit. You can just enter the megablock and shoot everyone in it without moving any further. No matter how many walls or floors is between you. It really should be limited to only one wall.

My second favorite way to kill is with gun and silencer, like Hitman. I have no issue here. :p If you don't kill enemy with one shot it's not a silent takedown.

This threads premis is that the guns he mentions are the most OP. They are not even close to the most OP things in the game. "skippy" is the one of the most lethal guns in the game, and its completely free.
oh i dont like smartguns, no silencers
and its so anoying to kill 50 people with skippy if you have to put it on puppy mode 1st

btw, i also like the 2 weapons you can get from Rogue, Prejudice is insanly strong (in my opinion)
also her pistol is good. I still perfere Death and Taxes from Maiko

You can oneshot everyone with like 95% of the weapons in the game, just stop already.

THIS. GAME. IS. NOT. BORDERLANDS.

Yep... sadly. I would take Borderlands 3 mechanics and scalling 1000 times over currently braindead experience.

combat is a whole is utter mess. On very hard in order to make it challenging basically you have to avoid using anything and by that i mean: perks, armor mods, any mod, cyberware, upgrade system and use only basic white weapons. But in case we compare time to kill entire zone quickhacks and tech weapons are doing it faster.

legendary quickhacks are too op and they provide passive, for example if you equip legendary short circuit it will apply effect after every weapon crit so another 20-40k on crit. i can literally kill anything in 1-2 hits. And this is without half of perks and attribute bonuses even working as well as crit mod stacking.

I wont believe they finished combat development it is alpha or beta at best.

Last edited:
its obvious game needs some work, and they plan on releasing first big patch in January... so lets see what they do with it... besides, previous CDPR games also were quite easy even on max difficulty.. it was mods that made them more challenging...

Comrade's Hammer
Slow
Silenced revolvers
Slow

Now check silenced Buzzsaw :) 40 mag clip, piercing shots (all shots go through cover), very high fire rate and reload.

This is a single player game and just like in Skyrim or Fallout 4 you can make OP builds, especially on normal. Also note that most of your damage comes from your level (or level difference to be exact). If you start to be over-level for the mission you are doing anything you do will hit way harder than "expected".

Ok I want this hack asap.
Contagion is superior if you have a netrunner build, especially if you want to do every marker on the map quickly ;)

maybe i do the crafting wrong then?
the componets to craft an item cost more eddys then you get for crafting and selling an item
and again, you dont have unlimited components, to upgrade a weapon you need tons of components, if you wanna keep a level 1 weapon like Dying Night

that beeing sayd.. crafing and quickhacks are the most important skills for me

At high level, the Green Nekomata sells for 1k credits. You can buy soda cans from any machine, dismantle them and you'll make more from selling the Nekomata than th cans cost.

Is it annoying and slow? Sure, but it's still infinite money. I personally can't be bothered, but you CAN do it.

ya1

Forum regular
Now check silenced Buzzsaw :) 40 mag clip, piercing shots (all shots go through cover), very high fire rate and reload.

I never saw that one. But yeah. Technically it's the worst of both worlds: cover piercing and silenced multipliers. But that's only relevant if you can aim up more than one target per second.

This is a single player game and just like in Skyrim or Fallout 4 you can make OP builds, especially on normal.

But in CP, you're being forced to play an op build even if you don't especially try to or know how to optimize. And that's on very hard, not normal. You have to actively make an effort and gimp your build in order to have a somewhat balanced experience.

I dunno. I'm using
Divided we stand.jpg
and it's fairly OP

you're being forced to play an op build even if you don't especially try to or know how to optimize. And that's on very hard, not normal.
Because hard and very hard are just broken/placeholders/dumb AF. The solution is to properly implement them instead of balancing around absurd damage taken.

it's a single player game, it doesn't need balanced. there's playstyles for s tier e-sports legends and also for shit gamers like myself it's all good.
it does lol. If i want to play balanced game with challenge - i need to play lvl 10 with white guns till the end. And it it really bad for game. The single player games needs balance.

Yeah balance is actually very important in a sp game. Because with too little challenge it becomes boring if you utilize the resources of the game, and if you ignore and not use those resources and "toys" and abilities it cheapens the whole feel as well because you are basically then ignoring a whole bunch of "content" the developers designed for the game.

Slow

Slow

This is a single player game and just like in Skyrim or Fallout 4 you can make OP builds, especially on normal. Also note that most of your damage comes from your level (or level difference to be exact). If you start to be over-level for the mission you are doing anything you do will hit way harder than "expected".

Contagion is superior if you have a netrunner build, especially if you want to do every marker on the map quickly ;)
EVERY build in this single player game is OP. One button to kill them all. Level design? Stealth? Intence combat music? What the point? One button to kill all them at once, while standing outside the building. In Skyrim i can limit myself easily to make the gameplay fun - there are few unbalanced elements, like crafting. I just dont level up crafting at all, and the game is quite challenging without it. Cyberpunk is a masterpiece, but 80% of weapons and the whole hacking are way unbalanced. I cant make the game challenging any more - the only way is to dont level up at all and use a white low level guns. It is sure not the way to balance a game. I hope CDPR will fix the ballance.

Top Bottom