Most expensive perks (to date) and current updated list of Attributes (5) /Skill trees (12) and some new perks information

+

MOST EXPENSIVE PERKS (TO DATE) :
BODY

• STREET BRAWLER: "Guerilla"- Kiling foes increases crit hit by 60% for 1 0 secs
  • ATHLETICS: "Hard motherf***er"- Armour and resistances increase by 20% for 1 0 secs
  • ANNIHILATION: "Redacted" - Dismembering foes reduces recoil by 50% for 6 secs
REFLEX

• HANDGUNS: "Redacted" - Land a critical hit and get an armour boost for 20 secs
  • RIFLES: "Punisher" - Kill an enemy to nullify weapon sway and spread for 1 0 secs
  • BLADES: "Dragon Strike" - Strong attacks consume stacked bleeding effects and deal 15% damage
TECH ABILITY

- CRAFTING: "Revamp"- Increase sale price of crafted items by 25% *

-ENGINEERING: "Crazy Science" - Increase tech weapon damage by 25%

COOL Attribute

• * STEALTH: "Toxicology" - Poison duration increased by 5 secs *
  • COLD BLooD: "Merciless" - if Cold Blood active, crit chance +1 0% and crit damage +2%
INTELLIGENCE Attribute
* DEVICE HACKING: "Transmigration" - Increase Breach time protocol by 25%
* TARGET HACKING: "Master Memory" - Increase memory regen speed by 25%

45:09 timestamp for the source

Skill tree from 2019 deep dive

As you can see, Technical and Intelligence have been given an additional skill set. They each have 2

There is no longer a skill set for Shotguns and two handed weapons that were under 'BODY', they'll fall under 'Annihilation' perks. Body used to have 4, now has 3 skills

Sniper Rifle skill tree under 'COOL' is no longer present, I think it will fall under Rifle related perks under Reflex

Flathead skill tree does not exist, cdpr saw too many parallels with it and the netrunning hacking abilities.

List of things you can craft (old answer by the way)

There's also the added feature of Cyberware/Shards. Example, Nano wire kills gives you Melee XP

I hope CDPR will focus on Skill tree/perks in the next episode of Night City Wire

@Rawls @Suhiira

So shotgun and two handed still are under the main stat body but in the annihilation tree?

Just what I was looking for! Thank you :cool: All I need now is to find a moment to watch those videos. What I can say for now is:
  • It’s disappointing that they couldn’t find a way to make the spiderbot fun and useful. Perhaps in a future expansion they might give it another try, I hope. I’m not asking for anything revolutionary of course, just something like, for instance, make it work as a companion that provides some small bonus while tagging along V, or use it as a sort of stealth tool for a handful of high level missions.
  • I’m glad they expanded the Tech and Intelligence trees, they surely looked lacking in the Deep Dive video.

There is no longer a skill set for Shotguns and two handed weapons that were under 'BODY', they'll fall under 'Annihilation' perks. Body used to have 4, now has 3 skills

Sniper Rifle skill tree under 'COOL' is no longer present, I think it will fall under Rifle related perks under Reflex
This is great news, it looked very stupid: "you're stroger so your shotgun deals more DMG". I'm still not happy with all those +X% DMG perks, but at least they make a little more sense. Some feedback have been listened to at least. I'm watching the video now.

Thanks for sharing, dude!

Great video.
I just hope the perks will be more interesting that just "+X% damage with Y-guns". Witcher 3 was filled with those and they weren't very exciting.

I always give this example when explaining how I think perks should work: the "And Stay Back!" perk from New Vegas, it gives a chance for shotguns to knock enemies off their feet. You haven't lived until you've had a deathclaw barreling down at you only for it to be sent flying backwards with a shotgun blast in what is a very satisfying form of payback (don't lie, we all got mauled). It's a fun perk that provides a noticeable effect on how you play because it makes aggression with shotguns a very viable strategy. Pair it with the Shotgun Surgeon perk (armor penetration, offsetting one of the drawbacks of shotguns in New Vegas) and it works beautifully.

So I'm hoping perks work like that or the mutations from Blood&Wine: noticeable effects on gameplay, not just boring stuff like extra damage.

This is great news, it looked very stupid: "you're stroger so your shotgun deals more DMG".
Annihilation is still under the body attribute.

The thing I care about the most in perks/skills/level ups/character upgrades, Is that I want to be able to fight for and earn ALL the perks/skills/level ups/character upgrades. The absolute WORST thing about most other video games is that you're having lots of fun and you're really excited about your next unlock/upgrade/perk etc. and then you reach this weird point where you're like "Hey what gives, why have I not leveled up again yet, why have I not earned more skill points yet...?" and then you realize that the game FOR NO REASON, has decided that this point is where you are finally hard/soft blocked from earning more points/levels/perks etc. and the only way you can get the others is to quit and start a new game, but then you wont have the other ones that you chose. This is probably the most utterly disappointing "feature" of some games out there.

Please understand:

NO I do not want to be blocked from anything under the fake excuse of "Muh increased replayability" If I love the game, I will want to play It again, simply because it's a good game, Not because something was taken away from me or because I was blocked from doing something, or because the experience was forcefully and intentionally diminished. There is a 100% guarantee I will be playing the game multiple times. To assume I am not going to play the game multiple times, and that I must be forced to do so or convinced by limiting me so that I have to play again to experience the rest of the perks, speaks to me, and it says "We're not confident that the game is good enough that you will want to play it twice". I Strongly desire to fully unlock everything on one character, it brings me great pleasure and happiness, but to be denied that makes me quit and drop games and walk away and never look back. It is just cruel and illogical to punish a player by locking them out of a potential experience that could extremely easily simply be enabled or allowed by simply not blocking them and then making an excuse as to why being limited is a good thing. It's a thing I would only expect from certain other developers and publishers I will not mention the names of.

I am very passionate about this, and I hope my polite, yet very expressive picture I have painted sincerely reaches CDProjektRed. It is one of the things I am extremely concerned about. I am astoundingly confident that Cyberpunk2077 is a game that will blow me away and be beyond a 10/10 game, but I fear in the depths of my soul that it will make the same mistakes that other games make, and I BEG YOU, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES!

Anyone else who enjoys being limited for ANY reason, you can easily limit yourself intentionally, because it's a single player game and you have the freedom to do whatever you want. Limiting others when you can already choose to limit yourself, is obsolete logic.

Thank you for reading my feedback, God bless, and have a very nice day.

So I'm hoping perks work like that or the mutations from Blood&Wine: noticeable effects on gameplay, not just boring stuff like extra damage.

What you're describing may be the purview of the cyberware you can install, instead of the perk tree.
So the perk tree could designate your aptitude with a skill; "By using shotguns a lot, I am better at affecting damage with shotguns."
And your shotgun level allows you access to cyberware that can cause that knockback.

Maybe something like this.

after reading the 'Tasks & Skills' chapter in the CP2020, i think i understand what the devs are getting at with the attr/skill/perk tree. my faith is renewed :cool:

Some new perk information provided from Arekkz gaming

Agile Stats (Blade tree)

- Unfair Advantage - deal 10% more damage to enemies with higher Max HP.

- Ninja - Unlock the Block Bullet ability to deflect bullets and perform dash attacks (seem certain Perks will unlock certain skills for V)

Cool Stats (Stealth tree)

-Embrace the Shadows - 25% HP Regen when in Stealth/Sneaking

-Crouching Tiger - Movement Speed Increase by 30% when in Stealth/Sneaking

- Attraction and Replsion - Unlock ability to push grabbed enemies. (can probably allow you to throw enemies off cliffs to kill them)

- Dagger Dealer - Unlock ability to use Throwing Knives

- Hidden Dragon - Unlock ability to perform Aerial Takedowns.

-Ninjutsu - All Sneak attacks with melee weapons will deal 100% more damage and 100% Crit hit.

-Stunning Blow - Fast melee attacks will stagger enemies.

-Hasty Retreat - Gain 50% movement speed when spotted by Enemies.

Some new perk information provided from Arekkz gaming

Agile Stats (Blade tree)

- Ninja - Unlock the Block Bullet ability to deflect bullets and perform dash attacks (seem certain Perks will unlock certain skills for V)

Cool Stats (Stealth tree)

-Embrace the Shadows - 25% HP Regen when in Stealth/Sneaking

-Crouching Tiger - Movement Speed Increase by 30% when in Stealth/Sneaking

- Attraction and Replsion - Unlock ability to push grabbed enemies. (can probably allow you to throw enemies off cliffs to kill them)

- Dagger Dealer - Unlock ability to use Throwing Knives

- Hidden Dragon - Unlock ability to perform Aerial Takedowns.

-Ninjutsu - All Sneak attacks with melee weapons will deal 100% more damage and 100% Crit hit.

-Stunning Blow - Fast melee attacks will stagger enemies.

-Hasty Retreat - Gain 50% movement speed when spotted by Enemies.
That is really cool, I like a lot of these.

i'm hoping these perks are investable/upgradeable. these definitely change the way one would approach a situation. excited to see what the specific perks inside the other skills are. good on ya Arekkz amd thanks @TheMaster100

I thought at least health regen would requires cyberware, seems like it's not the case.
it may still. we don't know how cyberware intersects with skills and perks. and we don't know if health regen refers to passive or active regen. we also don't know if there will be a difficulty modifier that (en)(dis)ables passive health regen--wasn't that a feature of one of the difficulty modes in TW3.

Agile Stats (Blade tree)

I like these types of perks. It encourages a glass-cannon build. Plus, it can lead to other interesting choices for those who like to minmax their character.

I thought at least health regen would requires cyberware, seems like it's not the case.

Yeah it's kinda strange. I forgot where I heard that but there's apparently one that regens V in combat after a hit or kill.

I'd love for CDPR to show off the whole tree before release or even give us a website with an interactive skill tree. Gearbox does this for Borderlands so players can theorycraft and share cool builds before the game releases. Plus it makes waiting easier.

i'd take the skill tree to theorycraft my character. it'll be funny to see how whatever i plan gets tossed in the heat of the story or altered because of the gameplay-feel.
very interested in how the skill tree will change over the years though

Top Bottom