Most expensive perks (to date) and current updated list of Attributes (5) /Skill trees (12) and some new perks information

+
several people who played it and had the skills invested said they removed it because of the skills. i think corpo can sniff it out because they're corpo but you still need the skills to clean the chip

i mentioned to a streamer that i hope you can transfer the virus to a blank chip and keep the money. but that'd be wildly complex, so it's just a wish for now.

Two points:
1. at least one influencer player stated they had the tech attribute high enough to pass a skill check based on their attribute score.
2. Another one stated they wiped the chip of the virus but then went in blasting so they never handed it over to the gang. Assuming that this isn't the only time you will get a credit chip with eddies on it, so you will probably be able to access the contents later. (I might try this, as I'm planning on going corpo and getting in good with militech. If you are going to burn the gang down anyway, might as well go for loot and pillage before burning...)

NightCityLife.de recreation of the Athletic Perk skill tree

'A crowning skill at the bottom of the tree, also called a trait, requires the activation (almost) of all previous ones. '

Some examples of Athletic perks you can invest n.

Gladiator
- reduces damage taken while blocking by 20%.
  • Regeneration - slowly regenerates health in combat.
  • Pack Mule - doubles carrying capacity.
  • Invincible -increases maximum health by 10%.
  • Super Hero Landing - reduces fall damage by 5%.
  • Multitasker - lets you shoot while sprinting, sliding and jumping at the same time.
  • Transporter - lets you shoot and sprint while carrying a body.
  • Hard motherfucker - at the start of a fight, armor and resistance are increased by 20% for 10 seconds.
Street Brawler is a tree with 20 individual skills, which is mainly about hand-to-hand combat.

For Annihilation [under Body] it comes to heavy weapons such as shotguns and heavy machine guns, {19 Skills].

Reflex = handguns (20 skills), rifles (20 skills) and blades (23 skills).

Device hacking has 21 skills under Intelligence

Examples of Skills under Crafting Skill Tree (19 skills)
  • Master Gunsmith - 5% chance of getting an additional prototype component as crafting material for every item made.
  • R&D - the said skill that enables you to upgrade items to the legendary quality level.
  • Crazy Science is a trait, a kind of master skill at the bottom of the talent tree, which increases the sales prices of your items by 25%.

Examples of Skills under Engineering skill tree
  • Mech Looter - you can loot scrap from drones, robots and mechs and have a 30% chance of finding weapon parts.
  • Blast Shielding - reduces your explosion damage taken by 10%.
  • Shrapnel - adds 20 additional damage to all previous garnet effects.
  • Grenadier - make the explosion radius of grenades visible to you.
  • Reverse engineering - lets you take off weapon mods.
  • You can't touch this - make yourself immune to the effects of your own grenades

'Currently you can reach a maximum attribute level of 20, however, the CDPR team is still dealing with balancing and maybe the level cap will increase later in the DLCs.'

'Progress within a skill tree is fairly classic: perk points are used for unlocking, an unlocked skill enables the unlocking of another, etc. (see skill tree diagram above). You can apparently unlock some skills up to a maximum level of 3, which makes the effects even stronger. For some skills, however, you have to have spent a certain number of perks in the tree in order to unlock them. A crowning skill at the bottom of the tree, also called a trait, requires the activation (almost) of all previous ones. '

' There's an optical reward on top. Because if you remember correctly, CD Projekt Red already said that the animations of V improve the better you can do an action. While holding a weapon and reloading it can initially seem clumsy, the more you dealt with it, the more smooth and casual it becomes. '

Google translated.

Also their preview in general is the most detailed from Night City 4 hour demo.

Lots of percentage boost in perks.:facepalm:

Lots of percentage boost in perks.:facepalm:
out of what will be over 200 perks...likely somewhere between 230-250 perks. the perks that we have seen from these early playthroughs are pretty huge too: multitasker, transporter, mech looter, reverse engineering.
like...even if half of the perks are percentage boosts, you're saying 100-125 non-percentage, gameplay perks is...not enough?

Some of these perks should be part of cyberware, others that magically increase weapon damage are weird, and for others I hope there are a lot of enemies for looting etc.

To see the radius of your grenade should be inside your eye implant that let's you see the ammo count.
Double carry capacity should be a cyberware.

Multitasker and transporter should be the default actions that V should know from the beginning.

Damage increase should be an engineering perk, and be accomplished by creating special mods.
Same goes for resistances and armor. Be done by implants, clothing, cyberware.

For mech looter I hope there are enough drones, robots and mechs to satisfy this part of the perk.

If you don't have reverse engineering I assume the mods are locked inside the weapon, clothing.
But can you replace them or not? Like inserting new mods over the locked ones destroying them in the process. This is usually the method in other games.

I assume this type of 'class-less' perk tree system is inspired by path of exile.

Some of these perks should be part of cyberware, others that magically increase weapon damage are weird, and for others I hope there are a lot of enemies for looting etc.

To see the radius of your grenade should be inside your eye implant that let's you see the ammo count.
Double carry capacity should be a cyberware.
Krensnikov, the bullet time booster inhaler, is also installable as cyberware. so that's at least one thing that exists in two forms: external consumable and internal cyberware. so there may be other things that exist in dual forms, like the grenade's blast radius and the carry capacity. not saying everything they did is the smartest way to do it, but compromises have to be made by the devs and patches can be deployed later based on reasonable feedback. plus i can imagine a real-world/lore method of justifying knowing your grenade's blast radius, it's not that impossible.

also, none of this shit is final until the game is released. there's a ton of shit that can be altered between now and November

As a person who loves min-maxing i am so excited for the build possibilities in this game. There seems to be a good mix between new abilities and stat manipulation and all for it. I just hope the game is challenging enough on higher difficulties to test these builds out.

several of the NCW players describe the same attributes and skills so yeah, as of now we're pretty sure. what we don't know are the individual perks. we only know the perks from Dantics, Arekkz, and Nightcitylife.

Magic.

Mars favors *the* engineer and bestows his blessing upon him.
You missed the chance to use this:
Magic GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I mean, engineers are particularly smart people, they probably calculate the physics behind explosions and exploit it to save themselves. Totally makes sense. Or Ptah, the Egyptian god of artisans.

My Goodness What an Idea - Meming Wiki

even if half of the perks are percentage boosts, you're saying 100-125 non-percentage, gameplay perks is...not enough?
the percentage boost perks shouldn't have been in the game at all unless for few things that make sense (i.e. melee DMG linked to strength) and a good amount of the other half should've been in cyberware (i.e. see grenades radium of explosion).

It's not a matter of quantity, it's a matter of logic.

and logic dictates that you can only have so much cyberware installed. according to the only source who wrote this down and made it available, Nightcitylife, right now only 21 cyberware slots are available, and only some cyberware have 'fragments' which allow further upgrading. we don't know much about the fragment system, which could allow the bypassing of redundant perks, we just don't know yet.

but CDPR are the Referees for this game (to use the the tabletop vocab), and they're making the call. at some point, you gotta compromise. and if they, in the course of designing the game, had to fudge the 'logic' in order to get the game to work...it's their call.

to be clear, i'm not saying y'all are entirely wrong. i'd redesign some of these systems if i were making the call, but i'm not. they are. so i'll keep my ass in my lane.

It’s probably a multilevel perk, that is, the max percentage could be as low as 5% and as high as, say, 25%. But yeah, depending of one’s playstyle, other perks are way more worthy of such point investment :LOL:
I can see it being a 2 level perk with values at say 30% and 60% for example but 5% for the first level? Although fall damage reducing stuff should be cyberware I feel like the Icarus system in Deus Ex.

I assume this type of 'class-less' perk tree system is inspired by path of exile.
I agree with most of your points but Skyrim did it before. And I'm convinced you can find even older examples.

Krensnikov, the bullet time booster inhaler, is also installable as cyberware. so that's at least one thing that exists in two forms: external consumable and internal cyberware.
Oh, cool. I didn't know you could also have it as cyberware. That's very neat. I'd imagine they'll make it function a bit different from the inhaler in terms of how it's powered (cooldown/kills vs an inhaler that can deplete).

Do the skills stack as they are unlocked?
Or do you unlock one and then the previous skill is replaced with the new unlocked skill?
Post automatically merged:

out of what will be over 200 perks...likely somewhere between 230-250 perks. the perks that we have seen from these early playthroughs are pretty huge too: multitasker, transporter, mech looter, reverse engineering.
like...even if half of the perks are percentage boosts, you're saying 100-125 non-percentage, gameplay perks is...not enough?
Dont discount buffs and nerfs as the game play progresses over time lol :oops:
Also I'm not sure we know how powerful end game cybercriminals are.

Do the skills stack as they are unlocked?
Or do you unlock one and then the previous skill is replaced with the new unlocked skill?
You mean perks? Or cyberware?
Skills is stuff like handguns, blades etc. (refer to the first post). Those are not mutually exclusive.
Perks are not mutually exclusive either as far as we know.

Cyberware (cybernetic implants) on the other hand is mutually exclusive in specific cases: I don't think you can have both mantis blades and the wrist missile launcher for example.

Last edited:
the percentage boost perks shouldn't have been in the game at all unless for few things that make sense (i.e. melee DMG linked to strength) and a good amount of the other half should've been in cyberware (i.e. see grenades radium of explosion).

I agree that some skills definitely should be cyberwares. Some skills such as immunity to your own grenade sounds it's straight from Borderlands.
Tbh, the whole design for the skill tree seems very Borderlands inspired with the multiple tiers of percentage boosts

As satyrsangre said, the skills also exist as cyberware so there must be a reason for that. Maybe it's so you can have, if you want to, a more extensive build when you can't "equip" anymore cyberware since some high tier cyberware can take all your slots :shrug:

Last edited:
Sounds like the kind of perk tree you will find in a looter shooter not for sure a Cyberpunk game. Once again Cd projekt red just crushed the source material.

I am sorry i am fan of the pen and paper and this is not cyberpunk is totally out both from the mechanics and from the spirit of it.

Slowly regenerate health-Check
Perks that panpers the player the explosion of your grenades-Check
Perks that makes you do more damage -Check
And here we are. We have all the FPS looter shooter tropes.
"Listen up everybody New Vegas, was a looter shooter!"
Those so-called "looter shooter" tropes you mentioned all existed in RPGs before looter shooters were a thing

As a person who loves min-maxing i am so excited for the build possibilities in this game. There seems to be a good mix between new abilities and stat manipulation and all for it. I just hope the game is challenging enough on higher difficulties to test these builds out.

I agree. And yeah, having all these perks and cyberware available just to deal with some low thugs all the time would be wasteful. I'd like to see some encounters with higher gang members and corpo security on a regular-ish basis (after some in-game progress, of course) to try stuff like combat cyberware more than once, although I'm planning on not "solving" all encounters with face-to-face combat (the Cool-related perk set will probably be more interesting to me than the Body one in this regard).

i know i sound like i'm only defending CDPR's choices and have no pre-criticisms about the skill tree, so here's something that doesn't necessarily worry me, but it does confuse me and i'm interested in how this gets resolved: the attribute points determine the limit on perk points spendable in the skills connected to that attribute. to clarify:

if you have a Reflex of 8, you only have 8 perk points to spread across all three Reflex skills (Handguns, Rifles, Blades). We know that using handguns increases that skill, but how does that gel with the attribute cap? That's a genuine contention for me right now. i'm sure the game will explain it. considering Reflex has ~60 perks in it...how this will work seems weird to me, but i'm curious and excited.

Top Bottom