Most Memorable Minor Characters (TW1 and TW2 Spoilers)

+
Most Memorable Minor Characters (TW1 and TW2 Spoilers)

To me, one of the greatest achievements of the Witcher games is the developers' ability to create characters that play only a brief role, but do so with such distinction that they come alive for us.

My criterion is that they should not be one of the principal questgivers, antagonists, or members of Geralt's party; for example, not Siegfried, Iorveth, Azar Javed, Letho, Triss, Shani, Dandelion, or Zoltan. But they should make a contribution to the games, enough that they just wouldn't be the same without them.

Vote for as many as you like; there will be many others I have slighted, so name them in your post.

The hermit living in the fields of Murky Waters in The Witcher 1. The one who talks about The Lady and her Knights.

Added Thaler and the Hermit. Those are bigger roles than I was thinking of, but it's who we want to talk about that counts. And Thaler is certainly memorable.

I chose Anezka. Her speech about the true meaning of magic and how the sorceresses know nothing of it is very dear to me.

Sir, if the other Witchers were not included as minor characters, then Thaler is definitely not a minor character!

Other: Eskel - Yarpen Zigrin :)

Einar Gausel.

For a while I was thinking Sheldon, but then he's a little too fond of the animal kingdom for my taste.

Looking at the list and reflecting on the games I find there are far more for me in TW1.

"I know something you don't know" - Resolute girl
"WHAAT?! You're drunk!!" - Old hag
"I hate to boast, but I am exceptional. My kin prefer growling." - Vetala
"Ahhh, look how they grow." - Gardener
"My wife will calm down and afterwards, I can quietly wake the succubus." - Horny blacksmith
"..." - Fisher King

For TW2, the characters seem more sharply divided between extremely important people and forgettable nobodies. All the memorable ones are much more important to quests and the main story. So, I dunno, probably "Oooodriiin, here boy!" He's memorable only because you can't walk five steps in Henselt's camp without having to listen to all those drunk guys yelling for him. The character himself was meh, though the scenario of helping him stumble into camp was interesting.

Oh wait, definitely Elthon, the man who wanted to be queen of the chickens.

Well, I would say Thaler is a major character, on the same level as Raymond or Vincent. In TW1 Leo is the most memorable probably because it was just the beginning, and he died so suddenly.

In TW2 definitely Marietta Loredo. She is a minor char without a doubts. We can have only two cut-scenes with her, but she is very important for background info on Loredo. For such a minor character she is wonderfully integrated into the story.

Another one equally well integrated, and thus most memorable for me, is Sabrina. We do not have a chance to see her alive at all, but she is pretty much crucial for a plot as a whole.

Another definitely unforgettable is a whacky Odrin.

GeraltandCiri said:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_PGBDtQRhQ[/media]

Hahaha I didn't do that quest in full till like my damn 4th playthrough. First couple of times I thought "God Damn collect a Bajillion feathers, screw that" ... Then I finally did it & laughed my damn ass off.

For me it's definitely the Dwarves, I love Dwarves (I think it's why I like the Hobbit movie/s more then they probably deserve) ... It's always a painful moment when I force myself to do a Roche Path run because I remember I gotta ditch that crew of hairy bastards. Ooooooooooooddriinnn makes it slightly better though.

Loredo's mother and Sabrina, very good choices. Both flitted through my mind. I loved the oh-so-sweet twist with Marietta at the end of the Rupert and Gridley quest.

Sabrina comes back to us from the TW1 module Price of Neutrality...minor and yet her presence dominates Chapter 2 in TW2.

I would like to say that I really enjoyed the Fisher King character. So much time spent mumbling to every query yet somehow still managing to be helpful, even amusing.
And of course I loved the moment in which he finally decided to speak, offering a rather dismissive response. Don't know why but I found this response to be amusing and oddly understandable. :confused:/>

For TW1 I´d say Leo and Thaler (if you can call Thaler minor that is...)
In TW2 it´s definately Yarpen, though I would´nt call him minor character! Might just be because I´m s fond of him :p/> Can´t say if he´s minor, but Cedric´s death was so tragic, gotta love drunk philosophers

And Oscar goes to...

The Cannibal from the swamps in Witcher 1. I think it´s the only time in years I decided to kill a character who was no threat to the PC.

TW1:
The funny vodyan priest. talk, gool bool tal hool !

TW2:
Succubus. her evil eyes and demonic legs were wonderfully designed.

Top Bottom