Most Memorable Minor Characters (TW1 and TW2 Spoilers)

+
W1: I wouldn't say minor, but if Thaler is also there so .. Lady of the Lake is my favourite person. Her sense of humor is perfect.

There should be also Abigail.

W2: 'Memorable' is the only one - if you hear one name about hundred times, it stucks in your head for sure.

I chose the Hermit and Anezka, but I also just thought of Gramps. He's great. Funny, knowledgeable and has his secrets. I especially like his dialogue about the swamp tower, showing that he is not a mere man.

KingHochmeister said:
Dafuq did I just see ?

Still badass.

Did you ever saw a babies in other games like that? I've been expected a tough boss fight behind doors of Order of Flaming Rose headquarters. But when I see Jacques with a baby and other people, I was like For me, this little appearance was quite unexpected. And this little child is my most memorable minor character in TW1. :rolleyes:

Jacques de Aldersberg was trying to save his people, but in a mad way, turning all of them into mutants. Thanks to Geralt, his plans never will be fulfilled.

No love for Kalkstein :(

Also the Lady of the Lake and Abigail had pretty memorable scenes.

Interestingly, outside of the major characters, I dont find any of TW2 characters especially memorable (excluding Yarpen).

jonesy1138 said:
No love for Kalkstein :(

Also the Lady of the Lake and Abigail had pretty memorable scenes.

Interestingly, outside of the major characters, I dont find any of TW2 characters especially memorable (excluding Yarpen).

He just probably not a minor character. ;)
In second game, best minor character for me was Bartolomey Barka. He has best and hilarious voice acting, espesially when he talks with his mother. :)
And from TW1, I still remember at the graveyard, when one of the ghoules start talking. Vetala, If I remember correctly. That was pretty unexpected too.

HumanHonor said:
Did you ever saw a babies in other games like that? I've been expected a tough boss fight behind doors of Order of Flaming Rose headquarters. But when I see Jacques with a baby and other people, I was like />/>/>/>/>/> For me, this little appearance was quite unexpected. And this little child is my most memorable minor character in TW1. :rolleyes:/>/>/>/>/>/>

Jacques de Aldersberg was trying to save his people, but in a mad way, turning all of them into mutants. Thanks to Geralt, his plans never will be fulfilled.

True, when I went to the Order's Cloister, I was intent on killing Jacques, but yes, he committed his atrocities for the greater good ...

but he needed to die :p/>/>/> But still ... he was Geralt's son for a couple of months ... Poor Geralt, teaching Alvin advice yet Alvin malformed them horribly ... :/

And in the Witcher 2 ...

(READ THIS ONLY IF YOU FINISHED WITCHER 2)

I liked how CDPR gave us the choice not to kill Letho, as I spared his bald ass because he indeed saved Yennefer and took after her after Geralt gave himself to the Wild Hunt.

Can't wait for Witcher 3 :)/>/>/>/>/>

HumanHonor said:
He just probably not a minor character. ;)/>
In second game, best minor character for me was Bartolomey Barka. He has best and hilarious voice acting, espesially when he talks with his mother. :)/>
And from TW1, I still remember /> at the graveyard, when one of the ghoules start talking. Vetala, If I remember correctly. That was pretty unexpected too.

Bartolomey was the dude speaking to his mother about the possibility of peasants ruling themselves, right ? :p

Vetala, man that was a courteous ghoul .... :p

Made some additions.

I didn't include Kalkstein or Abigail (or Raymond or Cecil Burdon) because, well, they're framing characters. Whole acts are designed around them. I was on the fence about White Rayla for that reason.

Sken

Forum veteran
Damn Granny was so bloody annoying. She was the reason I chose Triss, I didn't want to visit that house ever again.

KingHochmeister said:
Bartolomey was the dude speaking to his mother about the possibility of peasants ruling themselves, right? :p

Yes, that's him. I don't know, what kind of magic translators and voice actor do to this person in rus. version, but he's sounds very funny. Returning to Lobinden/Bindyuga every time because of him.

BlackLeopard said:
TW1:
The funny vodyan priest. talk, gool bool tal hool !

TW2:
Succubus. her evil eyes and demonic legs were wonderfully designed.
Ah yes, witchmolol bool. Yeah he was great.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ-nSFwGWO0&list=PL89117677449DB0D2&index=8[/media]

And the succubus, also a great pick. She left an impression on me at least. Also I second that ghost dude in the dwarven tombs that guards the banner of the dun banner.

Kalkstein and Abigail are indeed deep characters. You should include them too, being key to the plot doesn't make them any less memorable.

Rayla was memorable for me only because, if I remeber correctly, she had both hands.. that surprised me a lot. But in game, she wasn't my favourite character.

While most of these characters I remember quite well I only chose one from each game. And it's not so much from their good qualities ;)

W1: The biggest bitch of a gatekeeper that ever lived, Granny. I don't know how that design went with her but they must have made her bipolar. One minute she's happy and let's you in and the next kicks you out for no reason. I hope she enjoyed that heart attack.

W2: The God of Drink and Revelry, Odrin. The sheer amount of annoyance you get from the Kaedwinis shouting his name, for a time I really thought he was the camp dog or something. But when you finally do that quest, well it's unforgettable.

TW1: the ba-ba-ba-brickmaker. One of the few examples where the english version is superior to the polish one.

TW2: Anezka

Oh man I forgot about brick to the head guy! Definitely deserves honourable mention. Now I need to try out his speech in all languages. :D

Top Bottom