Most OP card in ptr?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it is sihil because it can snowball fast unless you have an immediate answer, just like old Sabbath. Fun idea, just demoralizing when you don't draw your counter. What do y'all think? Is there one card you are concerned about or hope gets changed before launch?

don't know old sabbath but new sabbath still unstoppable op crappile. from start, only a 17 power can defeat him, from then, up it goes by 2 every duel.

Sihil, really? "Destroy enemy artifact" tag costs around 1 supply. Lets see, Sihil costs 10 provisions, and starts at Ping for 1, in perfect conditions it can get to 6 power value in 3 turns. So yes, if it keeps killing cards from then on - it is too much value. But lets see, what it takes: A long round, enemy who cant be bothered to carry artifact destruction, continious supply of enemy units that can be actually killed with it and no active boosting counterplay from opponent.
And all of that assuming it doesnt just get blapped, leaving you with 3-5 power deficit and 3-5 provisions deficit.
It is a very high risk card that can indeed be good in a deck tailored to use it, with alot of supporting damage, nothing more.

Imlerith is a closer call. To be specific, imlerith + Eredin ability. Sitting at 9 power and immune immediatly after he enters the board, round is gone unless you can overpower 9, and by a margin, since hes gonna have support damage. Scorch is the only reliable countrerplay. Row-wide effect and random effects work, but they dont instantly shut it down, and monsters player not going to push him into Igni range. Still i wouldnt call it OP since you actually need to win 2 rounds, and Eredin ability has 1 charge for a game, and there are counterplay options. They just arent as cheap and simple as for Sihil.

If i had to rank by power alone, Its actually gonna be 3 cards, Witchers trio. They quite simply an autoinclude at their current cost. 12 power +2 deck efficiency (wich is rare nowadays) for 18 provisions? Yes, please, all day, any day. Thats disregarding that witchers have syregies now, and fairly good ones at that.

However if we go into "No counterplay, why is this even in tha game?" territory, it has to be either:
Usurper - dont build deck around your leader, or take an autoloss.
Viper Witchers and Kambi - thats a nice win condition you've built your deck around, would be a shame if something would happen to it, and you had no way to prevent it.
In conclusion - Witchers trio are probably the most OP thing in PTR. There are just some cards that arent Overpowered, they just shouldnt exist alltogether.

Ghinko

Forum regular
Arachas Queen, the blue potion & Mourntart can be powerful :)
zoom.png

I believe it is sihil because it can snowball fast unless you have an immediate answer, just like old Sabbath. Fun idea, just demoralizing when you don't draw your counter. What do y'all think? Is there one card you are concerned about or hope gets changed before launch?
Sigil is really weak card for 10 food,
trust me i've removed them so much with bombers (5 food 4 power)
i believe gold artifacts should not removed so easily.

Arachas Queen, the blue potion & Mourntart can be powerful :)

Again, a good example, and fairly old one at that. Grave Hag was a subject to complains loong ago. It does, again, require quite alot. You need a specific leader, fairly good one, but you only get 1 mulligan wich makes opening round that much harder. Then, you need to play a potion and avoid it getting destroyed. In consume list, i bet its about the only artifact you can efficiently run. May-be two copies of it? Then, if you have CA - you're golden. If not - well, Scorch and resets are allready the bane of consume, you know the drill. She just might be too good of a finisher with zeal potion, so giving her old school 1 turn timer could be reasonable. But im still unconvinced if its neccecery, we had too short of a window to play(

Not one card. 2

Ihuarraquax played on the melee row to summon Tibor Eggebracht. That's 21 points plus nullifying the opponent's highest provision cost unit's ability.

I've had it summon a caretaker for my opponent once. So I got 19 points and he didn't revive an artifact because summoning doesn't trigger deploy abilities, neither Tibor's nor the caretaker's. Opponent immediately forfeited afterwards.

Not one card. 2

Ihuarraquax played on the melee row to summon Tibor Eggebracht. That's 21 points plus nullifying the opponent's highest provision cost unit's ability.

I've had it summon a caretaker for my opponent once. So I got 19 points and he didn't revive an artifact because summoning doesn't trigger deploy abilities, neither Tibor's nor the caretaker's. Opponent immediately forfeited afterwards.
Yes, this is a good example I forgot about. I wasn't sure what to do with ihuarraquax until I saw that combo.

Sigil is really weak card for 10 food,
trust me i've removed them so much with bombers (5 food 4 power)
i believe gold artifacts should not removed so easily.

That's true but my issue is if you don't draw your artifact removal. To reliably draw it you would have to run multiples and in many match ups that is a detrimant as no artifacts are played

Sihil got up to 9 against me in one long round and then it just go revived.

Same problem with Sabbath. If the opponent has renew he comes back immune. I think dooming him would be a simple fix. Maybe just limit how high sihil can get imo.

We actually might have a winner here. Never encountered that combo, but it indeed sound, well, OP)
That's true but my issue is if you don't draw your artifact removal. To reliably draw it you would have to run multiples and in many match ups that is a detrimant as no artifacts are played

Sihil got up to 9 against me in one long round and then it just go revived.

Same problem with Sabbath. If the opponent has renew he comes back immune. I think dooming him would be a simple fix. Maybe just limit how high sihil can get imo.
Well, with Sihil, hes got to draw it too. So odds are 1 to 2-3, disregarding mulligans. That is, if you carry artifact removal. Opponent can even it up a little with Avalach-Draw my Sihil, but thats allready 23 supply invested in it. 35 with caretaker? Not to mention that drawing Sihil before Avalach is a disaster, or drawing Caretaker before either. Its the player building his deck around an artifact and investing 35 supplies into it who takes the risk. By just getting 2 bronze artifact killers, you risk loosing 2 effective supply cost, with draw RNG favouring you as well.
With Imlerith - he comes back as 5 power immune unit. Thats quite easy to overpower. Its his first appearence that is crushing.
Honestly, if we go into Eredin+Renew, its more scary with deathwishes. Geels (i believe?) has a passive to instantly trigger them as long as hes alive. And ulike Imlerith, you cant just overpower him to disable.

We actually might have a winner here. Never encountered that combo, but it indeed sound, well, OP)

Well, with Sihil, hes got to draw it too. So odds are 1 to 2-3, disregarding mulligans. That is, if you carry artifact removal. Opponent can even it up a little with Avalach-Draw my Sihil, but thats allready 23 supply invested in it. 35 with caretaker? Not to mention that drawing Sihil before Avalach is a disaster, or drawing Caretaker before either. Its the player building his deck around an artifact and investing 35 supplies into it who takes the risk. By just getting 2 bronze artifact killers, you risk loosing 2 effective supply cost, with draw RNG favouring you as well.
With Imlerith - he comes back as 5 power immune unit. Thats quite easy to overpower. Its his first appearence that is crushing.
Honestly, if we go into Eredin+Renew, its more scary with deathwishes. Geels (i believe?) has a passive to instantly trigger them as long as hes alive. And ulike Imlerith, you cant just overpower him to disable.

The only time I lost was when I faced a lock deck that locked Tibor and seized him with Vattier, something that wouldn't have happened if I ran adequate control either, but I didn't.

If it's any consolation I reported it so it should be fixed in the live version. An easy fix would be to make Tibor 5 points and his deploy ability "strengthen by 10, then your opponent summons the top unit from his deck", but that would still be harmful to the opponent. I think the best way to fix it without resorting to temporary patches is to change the definition of summoning to include deploy abilities. Otherwise, you can use the same combo with the Imperial Golem instead.

As for Deathwish, I actually think running Ge'els with Eredin might be better, to get him set up on the board and immune.

Sihil is the new sabbath, in that it isn't OP, but it is pretty annoying if you don't draw your counters. I would suggest that it either doesn't have zeal or that its damage gets reset when sent in the graveyard. Artifacts in general are a bit annoying because cards that interact with them, interact with nothing else. I wouldn't say OP though

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, i actually had that Ihuarraquax + Tibor played against me, but i was so confused with everything i didnt really understood what happened.

Its OP af, since it capitalizes on the change now that summoned cards dont have its effect trigger. Since Tibor's effect is actually negative for it's own player, and he gets its massive points and no effect, in this specific case it's a plus. And on the other hand, you're highest provision card will probably have a positive effect for you, so when its summoned and has no effect, the Tibor player is benefitting twice!

(EDIT) oh, and the solution for the Arachas spam is sooo freaking easy - make them doomed, obviously! If they were doomed on old Gwent and they were harder to spawn, they should definitely be doomed now too.

The only time I lost was when I faced a lock deck that locked Tibor and seized him with Vattier, something that wouldn't have happened if I ran adequate control either, but I didn't.

If it's any consolation I reported it so it should be fixed in the live version. An easy fix would be to make Tibor 5 points and his deploy ability "strengthen by 10, then your opponent summons the top unit from his deck", but that would still be harmful to the opponent. I think the best way to fix it without resorting to temporary patches is to change the definition of summoning to include deploy abilities. Otherwise, you can use the same combo with the Imperial Golem instead.

As for Deathwish, I actually think running Ge'els with Eredin might be better, to get him set up on the board and immune.

Sihil is the new sabbath, in that it isn't OP, but it is pretty annoying if you don't draw your counters. I would suggest that it either doesn't have zeal or that its damage gets reset when sent in the graveyard. Artifacts in general are a bit annoying because cards that interact with them, interact with nothing else. I wouldn't say OP though

Yeah I actually did that a few times with Vattier. So satisfying lol.

The card I found particularly OP in ptr was the vampire in Northern Realms who could be boosted by all the damage you did in one turn. It could go pretty insane coupled with Princess Adda's ability and damage dealing orders like Sihil.

Yeah I actually did that a few times with Vattier. So satisfying lol.

The card I found particularly OP in ptr was the vampire in Northern Realms who could be boosted by all the damage you did in one turn. It could go pretty insane coupled with Princess Adda's ability and damage dealing orders like Sihil.
I never ran into this one, but I could see that being crazy high.

Then, if you have CA - you're golden. If not - well, Scorch and resets are allready the bane of consume, you know the drill.

I had a match with CA against Scoia'tael and the last card my opponent played was the instakill trap. Which is a risky but rewarding play. My poor 23 point Ghoul didn't survive :I

That combo is very satisfying.
However it is very hard to pull for these reasons: Opponent has to have enough units to draw such a damage. Opponent should not have the last turn, or at least not have scorch/reset or similar card. The player has to somehow win another round.

But I hope that card won't be changed since it is the only thing which makes Ada playable. During entire PTR I haven't seen anyone but me playing her. ( I still don't know how her 3d model looks from front :D) + Even having the last move, and combo Ada(8) + Sihil(5-6) I still lost against Henselt + paveta+ Specter Knights spam combo. :D

rrc

Forum veteran
I can't believe that no one has mentioned Bearmaster. I faced an opponent (and later realised that it is a Swim deck) who used 4 BM in R3 with 8 cows also in GY and reached 70+ points. Nearly 3 times more points than me. Nothing else is even close to this. I lose against Immune Gaels, Sabbath, Regis, Sushil, AQ.. but nothing seemed as broken as this.

Sihil, really? "Destroy enemy artifact" tag costs around 1 supply. Lets see, Sihil costs 10 provisions, and starts at Ping for 1, in perfect conditions it can get to 6 power value in 3 turns. So yes, if it keeps killing cards from then on - it is too much value. But lets see, what it takes: A long round, enemy who cant be bothered to carry artifact destruction, continious supply of enemy units that can be actually killed with it and no active boosting counterplay from opponent.
And all of that assuming it doesnt just get blapped, leaving you with 3-5 power deficit and 3-5 provisions deficit.
It is a very high risk card that can indeed be good in a deck tailored to use it, with alot of supporting damage, nothing more.

The problem with Sihil is that you can place it in any deck that deals low to mediocre damage to the field and snowball from there. It's becomes broken with "Mastercrafted Spear" even more since you can ping for 1+1 and just finish with Sihil and if Sihil is already upgraded; so help you lord..

So you run in your deck an Artifact Counter Cards so what? You still have to deal with the opponent Original Deck.
You don't need to Build a Deck around Sihil to make it work and that where I think it raises some red lines for my taste.. When a card like Sihil can be Easily snowballed without a REAL requirement for it.
You have too many Decks that deal Damage which is easy access for the Snowball Effect Thus it's too Easy to abuse the card and Cheese your opponents.

Disclaimer: My own personal opinion.

The problem with Sihil is that you can place it in any deck that deals low to mediocre damage to the field and snowball from there. It's becomes broken with "Mastercrafted Spear" even more since you can ping for 1+1 and just finish with Sihil and if Sihil is already upgraded; so help you lord..

So you run in your deck an Artifact Counter Cards so what? You still have to deal with the opponent Original Deck.
You don't need to Build a Deck around Sihil to make it work and that where I think it raises some red lines for my taste.. When a card like Sihil can be Easily snowballed without a REAL requirement for it.
You have too many Decks that deal Damage which is easy access for the Snowball Effect Thus it's too Easy to abuse the card and Cheese your opponents.

Disclaimer: My own personal opinion.
Some good points. I think the increase in provision cost for artifacts did help with sihil as I see it a lot less....though it still triggers me when I do see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom