Most random things in Cyberpunk 2077

+
Basically a thread about the things that just make you go "huh" when you encounter them. Share all of the ones that you think were interesting and weird.

For me?

* Straight Edge V: Consistently and throughout the game, V can turn down any and all alcohol or drugs when they're offered. Of all the things to include in a game about a professional hitman for hire, it seems an interesting bit of ludo-narrative dissonance that one of the strongest opinions you can express in the game is your distaste for everything from beer to drugs.

* The absence of Trauma Team or Max-Tac: The fact that after their big ass introduction in the opening part of the game, neither of these groups plays any role in the narrative.

* The Cyberpsycho Quest: You go across the entirety of the map taking down cyberpsychos and when you finally do...nothing happens.

Stores and market stalls everywhere, but only a tiny amount can actually be interacted with .. wtf? Even if it was just to off load a few bits of junk for a few eddies, that would be cool. And perhaps hidden stalls/stores could have had some cool items/weapons/closes.

V cannot get a hair cut, change their appearance or makeup .. in a city all about looking the part, that seems very odd.

Not seeing other Mercs going about doing gigs. Would have been cool to see a gig get snatched away from V, or V has to go hustle one away from another Merc ..

There are pachinko machine and arcade machines all over, yet V can't use them? :cry:

Last edited:
* Straight Edge V: Consistently and throughout the game, V can turn down any and all alcohol or drugs when they're offered. Of all the things to include in a game about a professional hitman for hire, it seems an interesting bit of ludo-narrative dissonance that one of the strongest opinions you can express in the game is your distaste for everything from beer to drugs.

Here you go:
"Straight edge (sometimes abbreviated sXe or signified by XXX or X) is a subculture of hardcore punk whose adherents refrain from using alcohol, tobacco, and other recreational drugs, in reaction to the excesses of punk subculture. For some, this extends to refraining from engaging in promiscuous sex, to following a vegetarian or vegan diet, and to not using caffeine or prescription drugs. The term straight edge was adopted from the 1981 song "Straight Edge" by the hardcore punk band Minor Threat."
Source: Wikipedia: Straight Edge

Stores and market stalls everywhere, but only a tiny amount can actually be interacted with .. wtf? Even if it was just to off load a few bits of junk for a few eddies, that would be cool. And perhaps hidden stalls/stores could have had some cool items/weapons/closes.

V cannot get a hair cut, change their appearance or makeup .. in a city all about looking the part, that seems very odd.

Not seeing other Mercs going about doing gigs. Would have been cool to see a gig get snatched away from V, or V has to go hustle one away from another Merc ..

There are pachinko machine and arcade machines all over, yet V can't use them? :cry:
We could've had a gig in which we stumbled upon another merc, much like that mission in TW3 in which you encounter Lambert. And yeah, why no barbers & ripperdocs mid-game? In TW3 we as a default character had an obscene amount of cosmetic options :disapprove:

3 minor things that came to me whilst in the shower, etc.:

We only need to feed Nibbles once, to attract it - after that who knows what it eats, maybe it really is a Bakeneko. Not that I'm requesting a feed the cat or it dies minigame (...or am I?)

I don't think I've ever seen an NCPD patrol car driving around. NCPD is understaffed though, so.

V never does take the second dose of the stim Vik gives them after getting chipped the first time.

Hey :)

- many worthless junk items (why there are so many cards, stress balls, ashtrays, champagne buckets,...?)
- some quests open up a cool story, including characters, locations,...but don't explain anything. And then end without making any point...
- talent to remain undetected while underwater???

And I said it before and I'll say it again - some dialogues, choices, and consequences are impossible to understand, predict and so think about - in a bad way. I don't think that presenting a problem to players and giving them a choice should result in a highly-unexpected twist because then you don't have to give them the choice at all.

many worthless junk items (why there are so many cards, stress balls, ashtrays, champagne buckets,...?)
From my memories, before the very first patch/hotfix, the majority was not cards, stress balls,... it was all of sort of dildos (for reason, almost all of them were replace by other junk items) :)
And only usefull at the beginning (less later obviously) if you want to upgrade/craft things (upgrade common items, even at low level require lot of components). Like if you upgrade your "first" gun 3, 4, 5 times at the beginning and don't want spend your money in Wilson's shop.

We could've had a gig in which we stumbled upon another merc, much like that mission in TW3 in which you encounter Lambert. And yeah, why no barbers & ripperdocs mid-game? In TW3 we as a default character had an obscene amount of cosmetic options :disapprove:

That could have been awesome! I have no idea why they never bothered with something like this?

Here you go:
"Straight edge (sometimes abbreviated sXe or signified by XXX or X) is a subculture of hardcore punk whose adherents refrain from using alcohol, tobacco, and other recreational drugs, in reaction to the excesses of punk subculture. For some, this extends to refraining from engaging in promiscuous sex, to following a vegetarian or vegan diet, and to not using caffeine or prescription drugs. The term straight edge was adopted from the 1981 song "Straight Edge" by the hardcore punk band Minor Threat."
Source: Wikipedia: Straight Edge

Yes, that is why I used the words Straight Edge to refer to V in that situation.

It always struck me the weird way how all vendors buy anything from you, even garbage.

A posh fashion clothes shop will buy the 70 cans of beer, 100 chockolate bars and even meat you collected from the ground and among the trash and corpses. Same for other vendors.

And this comes from another weird place where V is actually collecting and consuming garbage and junk from all over the place. As if he was a hobo. And that is majority of the rewards from ”exploring”. And you have to use some effort not to pick all that shit up.

All as if this was a ”survivalist” game where with vendors you traded your pre-apocalypse soapbars and squirrelskins to provisions.

I don’t mind junk items being there. On the contrary, the give the city a more ”lived-in” wibe. But - like some other aspects also - somehow this whole thing just doesn’t feel particularly thought out.

It always struck me the weird way how all vendors buy anything from you, even garbage.

A posh fashion clothes shop will buy the 70 cans of beer, 100 chockolate bars and even meat you collected from the ground and among the trash and corpses. Same for other vendors.

And this comes from another weird place where V is actually collecting and consuming garbage and junk from all over the place. As if he was a hobo. And that is majority of the rewards from ”exploring”. And you have to use some effort not to pick all that shit up.

All as if this was a ”survivalist” game where with vendors you traded your pre-apocalypse soapbars and squirrelskins to provisions.

I don’t mind junk items being there. On the contrary, the give the city a more ”lived-in” wibe. But - like some other aspects also - somehow this whole thing just doesn’t feel particularly thought out.
Which is odd because in TW3 you couldn't sell everything to just anyone, it depended on the type of business. For example u couldn't sell weapons and crafting components to Keira as it's not her specialty. You'd think a techno-futuristic world would be even more like this

I admit, I fully would embrace the idea Night City is actually recycling everything because it's a self-sufficient city state.

But they indicated otherwise because there's mountains of garbage and trash.

Which its own weird thing as you'd think Night City would always be on the cusp of failing sustainability.

But they indicated otherwise because there's mountains of garbage and trash.
There is also something like that in the shop where you go see Brendan (for try to "save" him) :)
When V ask to the guy :
"Truly? are there people who want things fixed? Isn't it cheaper to buy new?"

For me the most oblivious moments were:
- walking into a full blown music store, and not a single guitar, song, record label or jam session can be interacted with.
All you could do is unload your hoarded stuff (including a gaziljion guns) and purchase 'useless' items.
- finding a BD vendor, several listings of good 3D books (sort of) and while having a BD Wreath, not being able to read them books.
- get drunk and fall to the floor.
- get into a relationship only to see all forms of contact to disappear so it has become meaningless.

For me the most oblivious moments were:

- get into a relationship only to see all forms of contact to disappear so it has become meaningless.

Really? I thought CP2077 did very well with the fact the relationships are story arcs throughout the game to the end.

Really? I thought CP2077 did very well with the fact the relationships are story arcs throughout the game to the end.
Dont get me wrong, I dony expect a sim simulator or anything ;) but I was taken back a little that after the character-dependend quests its lke "done that, now onto the business of the day"
While it felt earned enough, it also felt like a bucket list item being crossed off.
I had hoped there'd be a bit more prolongation, via dialogue or such.

First time around I did all panam quest back to back right from the start. After those were completed Panam was near useless with only the exact same 2 lines of dialogue through the remainder of the game (until Opn551...whatever)
That is why I highlighted it.

I admit, I fully would embrace the idea Night City is actually recycling everything because it's a self-sufficient city state.

You know, it could’ve been ”kinda sorta” neat detail if there was some sort of ”green freaks” operator in Night City who had placed recycling compactors arpund the city to dump your garbage in for a small (!) compensation (not something you could make thousands of €b of). They could have their own markets for selling goods made out that recycled junk, and they could also have some form of theme-relevant hipster agenda relating to recycling and the shitty state the streets are in that’s not particularly altruistic.

Could’ve been.

Dont get me wrong, I dony expect a sim simulator or anything ;) but I was taken back a little that after the character-dependend quests its lke "done that, now onto the business of the day"
While it felt earned enough, it also felt like a bucket list item being crossed off.
I had hoped there'd be a bit more prolongation, via dialogue or such.

First time around I did all panam quest back to back right from the start. After those were completed Panam was near useless with only the exact same 2 lines of dialogue through the remainder of the game (until Opn551...whatever)
That is why I highlighted it.

Yeah, how you time the missions has a big impact on how organically things flow. This is exactly why I romance Judy very late and close to the end instead. Otherwise you end up with a massive gap in the narrative until you see them in the prologue. It's sort of like when dialogue has too much empty air in it; it just wrecks the flow of it.

Yeah, how you time the missions has a big impact on how organically things flow. This is exactly why I romance Judy very late and close to the end instead. Otherwise you end up with a massive gap in the narrative until you see them in the prologue. It's sort of like when dialogue has too much empty air in it; it just wrecks the flow of it.
The irony I suppose even would be. I always play female characters so I got shut down in the love department, but the conclusion with Panam is virtually the same.
So instead I romanced Judy after that and that was closer before I ended up doing Opnn551.... so it felt better in how you experience things.
But I aree completely. some timing is desired if you dont want to feel like falling into a black void :p

Anyway, I wouldn't want to hyjack Willowhuggers topic so I'll redirect to: its one of the more 'huh' moment for me, as I wrote :)

Top Bottom