Most Solid Starter Deck for a Beginner?

+
I think that when you are first first starting out it may be wise to try to use weather to your advantage and the easiest faction to help out with that strategy would prolly be monsters. Of course, clear skies are everywhere and you'll have to deal with those here and there but it should still be pretty effective.

I just started the beta 2 days ago. Tried ST and a little bit of monsters and NR starter decks but none worked for me.

Switch over to Skellige and for some reason it just clicked with me. Maybe I'd picked up enough of how the game worked playing the others or maybe it just suited my style, but I'm currently at 10:4 with it which is far better than my normal CCG results. I haven't modified it much yet - still haven't picked up any silver/gold cards for it in the few kegs I've had yet but I have changed a few of the bronzes.

So I guess best depends much on a number of factors.

Skellige, for me, took the least amount kegs to make it into what I wanted. So for me its starter deck was the best. Although the starting northern realms deck is probably pretty well stocked too, but with a bunch of kegs skellige was my favorite, doing all I could ask.

My favourite & main faction is Scoia'tael, but it needs a lot of expensive cards to really make it work, so I play Skellige Queen's Guard (mainly because I got Cerys from the keg). All you really need to buy then is Draig Bon-Dhu, Operator, Sigrdrifa and Alzur's Double Cross and you're good to go. Really solid deck, which helps me farm scraps for Scoia.

Top Bottom