Motion sickness and headaches

+
Hey there!

Camera shake when shooting causes massive headaches and motion sickness for me, especially with guns like revolvers, shotguns and pretty much all melee weapons. Similar issue occurs with the bounce back and max doc, when the vision blurs and suddenly zooms in and then back out...

I believe this should be included in the "Additive Camera Motions" option, or it should have its own option where the "off" setting turns off the camera shake entirely and only leaves the gun sway/weapon swing active, as those do not cause the issue themselves, but the rapid camera shake/movement does.

Currently the "Additive Camera Motions" setting only affects head-bob when jumping, walking or running around. I believe everyone suffering from motion sickness would appreciate this. Personally I cannot play the game more than an hour currently without feeling like I'm about to puke right after, as it is extremely unbearable, and the weapons that do not cause this are quite rare (only like 2 types of pistols, smg's and maybe one assault rifle?)... I know this is in the game for "immersion", but it completely ruins the game for some of us, so it should be optional :/

The fix shouldn't be more than a couple of lines of code if it's similar to the way heavy swing in Witcher 3 was coded, which also had the camera shake that was never disabled officially, luckily I was able to make a custom mod for that there so I avoided the issue in that game. Please give us this option as it is making it hard for people like me to enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Play in third person...

Forgive me, you can't... But this apparently doesn't bother games devolopers at all

Did you try changing Settings, Gameplay, Weapon Sway settings?

Yeah, but this doesn't change anything regarding the camera movement... Whether it's "on weapon" or "on camera", camera behaves the same, that being said I'm not even sure what does this option change? I think it's only got something to do with how the recoil behaves when shooting a fully automatic weapon, not sure, but it certainly doesn't help with my issue :/... Also, the clearest way to see what bothers me, try using a revolver or a shotgun specifically, something like Overture, aim in, and look at the sides of your screen when shooting, the whole image constantly jumps whenever a shot is taken, and that's the type of movement I'm usually sensitive to in games, that and head-bobbing on movement :S

And as for the FOV, I already have it maxed out, but it didn't help with this either.

Yeah, but this doesn't change anything regarding the camera movement... Whether it's "on weapon" or "on camera", camera behaves the same, that being said I'm not even sure what does this option change? I think it's only got something to do with how the recoil behaves when shooting a fully automatic weapon, not sure, but it certainly doesn't help with my issue :/... Also, the clearest way to see what bothers me, try using a revolver or a shotgun specifically, something like Overture, aim in, and look at the sides of your screen when shooting, the whole image constantly jumps whenever a shot is taken, and that's the type of movement I'm usually sensitive to in games, that and head-bobbing on movement :S

And as for the FOV, I already have it maxed out, but it didn't help with this either.
From what you said, you aren't going to find a solution in game. Devs decided that a very bad fpp is the way to play the game, despite any game in the history closer to this one have either both options or tpp. But apparently a study with three games release and only one aaa before this know more about making games than anyone that makes games for years

no problemo here. maeby in future these is a mod for that.
I mean yeah, it is an issue not everyone will experience, but there's still quite a substantial amount of players that suffer from motion sickness in games. And if they already included no head-bobbing when moving around this could've been a part of it as well, as it's essentially the same camera motion as head-bobbing, thus it's expected it has the same results on people who are sensitive to it. As for the mod, I mean, as soon as we get the ability to do script-modding, I'm probably going to hop right into it and make one unless it has been solved by then, as I've done for Witcher 3, but it's still gonna take a couple of months at least before we can do that :/

Keive

Forum regular
I understand the motion sickness, I have it to and the game does cause some bad headaches for me, along with flashing lights, one of the reasons I wanted third-person.
Sure there will be something in the future or just mods to rely on, what I do is just take a few minute breaks in-between.

There's still no improvements on this... No way to turn off the camera shake even with mods as most of it is in native engine code, like seriously, 2 months in and some of us still cannot play the game because of this "feature".
Why must things like these be forced onto players - and even worse, why don't the ingame settings for additive camera motions actually remove all of them, but only a tiny part of them. The camera shake still happens on shooting, weapon reload, weapon swap, melee attacks, running with a melee weapon etc.

As for the mods, only thing that can be modded out is cam shake when shooting, and only for some weapons, rest still stay, still leaving this game absolutely unplayable for me.

Playing FPS games gives me motion sickness too. I find setting the FOV to a wider angle (in this case, 90) helps a lot.

Playing FPS games gives me motion sickness too. I find setting the FOV to a wider angle (in this case, 90) helps a lot.
Tried that and a bunch of other stuff, nothing helped so far. Even modding the game to turn it off, there's simply too much of the camera shake code that's completely unexposed, thus leaving no way to turn it off :/ (by this I mean the following - the camera shake class on its own is exposed in final.redscripts, however, no functions that actually use the class are exposed, they are all called natively within the engine itself, which is something we cannot mod without messing with the game's executable file...)

Even messing with archive files for each weapon in specific cannot turn off all of it... And the melee weapons are just the worst, but even avoiding those - reloading or swapping weapons triggers it again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom