Motorcycles vs. Cars vs. Fast Travel

+
I'll probably start with cars if I can get my hands on one(s) I like. However, I'm probably gonna fast travel more after a certain point. It'll be nice to explore the city "on foot" at first, but, like the Spider-Man PS4 games, even if the journey to the destination is fun, exciting, and enjoyable to control and play, sometimes, ya just gotta get to where you gotta be.

Bikes until I can afford the high end cars. :)
Besides. Badass cyber-ninjas are even more badass on a motorcycle lets be real.
Post automatically merged:

I'll probably start with cars if I can get my hands on one(s) I like. However, I'm probably gonna fast travel more after a certain point. It'll be nice to explore the city "on foot" at first, but, like the Spider-Man PS4 games, even if the journey to the destination is fun, exciting, and enjoyable to control and play, sometimes, ya just gotta get to where you gotta be.
True but this city is so packed with content you will lose your way walking. LastKnownMeal said he hadn't even fast traveled once in his 30 hours of play. I'm so excited to meet Night City I sincerely hope they have the toggle to walk key on PC. Usually in most games it has been Num * but no idea for 2077

As far as my knowledge, you will be able to purchase your own vehicle, whatever your preference may be... pretty sure with certain tech attributes/skills you'll also be able to snatch a car but you won't be able to take over ownership of said vehicle.
Okay, thanks for the info.

I mean, I'm not too picky as long as they look cool so, I'm pretty sure I'll find something interesting for purchase and now you mention it, it's true that the most recent gameplay trailer strongly suggests that you can buy vehicles.

Don't take my words for granted but I think you start the game with the car that was revealed in the E3 trailer.
That's how I understood things, at the very least but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Okay, thanks for the info.

I mean, I'm not too picky as long as they look cool so, I'm pretty sure I'll find something interesting for purchase and now you mention it, it's true that the most recent gameplay trailer strongly suggests that you can buy vehicles.

There was a whole night city wire dedicated for cars I believe it was the 4th Night City Wire
Regardless.
You can steal parked cars by investing into netrunning or commondeer occupied cars by investing in strength to yank them out of the cars. Mind, some people might be more stronger than you so they can **** you up when you try to steal their cars.
Also, the cars that are stolen cannot be stored in a garage otherwise cars that you earn or buy ( and they can be pretty expensive ) you'll be able to store in your garage and summon them much like you summoned Roach in Witcher.

Also it was stated how the player purchased cars drive/sound/look different to the ones you see on the street of the same car.
There are also different states to cars, naturally, you can't find a rusty high-end car but you will be able to find more common cars different from one another. Nomads that live outside the city in the desert have their cars often tuned to fit the harsh deserts of the badlands, while some are rusty and busted up and some are more sporty/brand new and it also reflects in the car's handling, outlook, sound both from exterior and interior.

Lets just stress the fact that they have put more work into cars than some racing games. And its not a racing game. ( It does have races though! )

There was a whole night city wire dedicated for cars I believe it was the 4th Night City Wire
Regardless.
You can steal parked cars by investing into netrunning or commondeer occupied cars by investing in strength to yank them out of the cars. Mind, some people might be more stronger than you so they can **** you up when you try to steal their cars.
Also, the cars that are stolen cannot be stored in a garage otherwise cars that you earn or buy ( and they can be pretty expensive ) you'll be able to store in your garage and summon them much like you summoned Roach in Witcher.

Also it was stated how the player purchased cars drive/sound/look different to the ones you see on the street of the same car.
There are also different states to cars, naturally, you can't find a rusty high-end car but you will be able to find more common cars different from one another. Nomads that live outside the city in the desert have their cars often tuned to fit the harsh deserts of the badlands, while some are rusty and busted up and some are more sporty/brand new and it also reflects in the car's handling, outlook, sound both from exterior and interior.

Lets just stress the fact that they have put more work into cars than some racing games. And its not a racing game. ( It does have races though! )
Okay, wow, that was a ton of infos, thanks a lot for that.
It's even more exciting than I anticipated.

Well, I'll probably start walking around, depending how far it is & if I get some sort of transport early on .... Then, I do want to try both cars & bikes when I get a bit further in! Obviously, when I've unlocked fast travel, I'll use that as well but it depends how far I'm going & stuff :think:

For awhile in the beginning I'll walk everywhere I can because that's just how I do. After I get used to the world space and want to travel faster I'll use whatever transportation feels the best for the situation. Fast travel won't be used unless I just want to get somewhere fast to save in a specific location before I shut down the game.

Oh absolutely. Nothing grinds my gears like looking at a waypoint on a map and having no idea where it actually is lol. The other thing is it gives you a real idea of your environment, you can actually absorb the things around you and the scale of it all that you won't get if you just speed through the streets right away. I'm looking forward to experiencing Night City and exploring all of its nooks and crannies.

One thing I think I will enjoy is that rollercoaster shown off in the trailer

Depends tbh, i'll undoubtedly try out the cars and bikes without fail but ultimately it will depend on how the world engages me and how driving is will determine how much i just fast travel.

I will be an energized corpo who likes speed walking in his tux :D

With all that I've seen so far I know I'll do a lot of walking, there is just way too much to take in!

That said I'll do a lot of dumb stuff on the fastest bike I can find, and my primary way of moving around the city will be cruising around in of those cadillac lookin rides.

Top Bottom