Mount and Blade 2

+
Siege gameplay from the perspective of the defender this time.

Taleworlds pls. Release date.

Been a M&B fan since their first release, truly a great franchise. Bannerlords is everything I ever wanted out of an rpg/strategy hybrid.

Some more gameplay commentary out of Gamescom. Also, this little piece of news.
We have announced that Mount & Blade: Warband will be releasing on Xbox One and PS4, this September 16th. This marks our first soiree into the world of consoles and we're excited for Mount & Blade to be reaching a whole host of new players!

Have you checked out Mount and Blade 2 Banner Lord Release Date Trailers and Beta??? I've watched the 2 trailers and they were so awesome! There's already a steam page available, and the beta version will also be available this year. TaleWorld Entertainment really did a great job on this one. I can't wait to play it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it will be out in 2019.
It's in closed beta stage for the multiplayer mode at the moment, which also will be available for the visitors of gamescom. They also will be showcasing the single player campaign.
If i have to guess i'd say it will be out in mid 2020, and looks like its going to be a breath of fresh air in the gaming industry of the past couple of years.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Yea, slim chance of it coming out this year, but the fact that it's in closed beta means most design decisions and mechanics are locked in and it's all about that polishing, probably. So maybe early to mid 2020.. A lot of good stuff coming out then. This is definitely in my top 3 most anticipated.

I dont understand whats so special about this, Ubisoft could do something like this in less than year and 1000 time better. Mount and Blade series had their chance but they blew it, imho. Ubisoft should kill these cockroaches.

Last edited:

Sild

Ex-moderator
It's very special. And very dear to many MANY gamers. It's a rather unique game, in a genre of its own, there's nothing quite like it out there, in part because of the vision, creative drive and freedom of just 2 people. This is not something the likes of Ubisoft would attempt nor would they do it better, they have.. different priorities. I wholeheartedly recommend it (the first one - Warband -for now) to anyone that enjoys video-games.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Obviously they announced it too soon. They basically reworked the entire game at one point, since the old engine wasn't suited to their needs and subsequent higher ambitions but that happened AFTER they announced it the first time... meh, it's ready when it's ready, i'll still be there, as will 99% of the people crying bloody murder over this.

Top Bottom