Mount and Blade 2

+
i cans see the lighting system is much improved, but overall looks like warband 2.5. the characters still look like cartoons.

don't see the point of bothering with this when kingdom come deliverance alpha coming soon.

i cans see the lighting system is much improved, but overall looks like warband 2.5. the characters still look like cartoons.

don't see the point of bothering with this when kingdom come deliverance alpha coming soon.

You did notice the "Work in progress" at the top left of the screenshots right? Besides, if they want to go for a stylized appearance, who are we to tell them what to do?

It looks real nice. Wasn't the first one made by just one guy? Are the games story driven or mostly sandbox play?

The studio consists of about 50 people. That's quite small by western standards! If you ask me the fact that it's a complete sandbox is what makes it so good. There's no story forced down your throat, YOU make the story by yourself through your actions in the world. Some would call it primitive, I call it True Role-Playing. You want to become a lord of one of the kingdoms? You can. You want to dominate the markets as a travelling merchant? You can do that too. You want to sell your services as a mercenary to the various Kings? Yep, that can be done! Add to that the MASSIVE mod scene, and you've got yourself a VERY re-playable game! :)

In other words, it's my favorite game, as you can no doubt tell!*

*Except for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and The Witcher of course!

Last edited:
Sandbox, no story.
Actually it will be a mix of both. Choosing the crumbling empire will feature a more story driven campaign while the others are more freeform. But they did say they want to put more work into quests and stuff this time around.

I'm looking forward to it... loved M&B and Warband to bits. For all I care it could look like Gothic 1, as long as the gameplay is good I'll play it. Nothing quite like trampling over an outnumbering force with your Swadian knights after their numbers were reduced by your archers and their cavalry got stuck and killed in your tight infantry formations. No other game has even come close to giving me that satisfaction of playing as 1 soldier in an ARPG combat system while still controlling an entire army.

Sounds like it's right up my alley. I expect there to be some dialog and NPC interaction, but I get my story fix from CDPR so a pure sandbox experience will be fun.

Swadian cavalry, Nord infantry, Rhodok archers.
This man knows what he's talking about! Saranid cavalry used to be pretty damn scary too IIRC.

@AL890
Ah man, one of the best moments I've had was when I was playing a nord. Bloody battle of Unknown Hill #2342, I'm the last one still alive and I still have like 4 dudes to against me. I cut one down with my small axe after he breaks my shield. I throw the axe at a dude that's charging me nailing him in the head. I then pull out my big 2 handed axe and go to town on the other two killing them. That shit was epic! Lost my entire army but it was completely worth it!

@HellKnightX88
Here's a picture of a battle I was involved in when fighting the Vaegirs as a Nord. I remember the Arrows just zipping past my head and guys dropping left and right, but we took the castle. This was perhaps one of the best looking battles I've fought in Warband. I'm excited for Bannerlord. Is it obvious? :)

View attachment 5753

Attachments

• 2013-08-14_00003.jpg
    2013-08-14_00003.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 248
I am really excited too. I didn't play much in native, but some mods were awesome, f.e. PoP3, Brytenwalda, AD1257

I am really excited too. I didn't play much in native, but some mods were awesome, f.e. PoP3, Brytenwalda, AD1257

Yeah, Brytenwalda is one of the best mods for Warband. I'm just waiting for the full release of Caraldia: Imperial Age, Persino, L'Aigle, Crusaders: Way to Expiation and Age of Change. That's a lot of mods! :)

Rhodok archers.

I am disappoint.

@HellKnightX88
Here's a picture of a battle I was involved in when fighting the Vaegirs as a Nord. I remember the Arrows just zipping past my head and guys dropping left and right, but we took the castle. This was perhaps one of the best looking battles I've fought in Warband. I'm excited for Bannerlord. Is it obvious? :)

View attachment 5753

The most difficult battle I had is when taking Grunwald castle from the damn Rhodok scum with my horde of Swadian knights and Nord huscarls (I had a kingdom of my own), sadly, that was the "torrent" version before I finally bought the game later :p

The catch was, the rhodok scum had 120 Rhodok sharpshooters .... I had 600 men at the start of the siege ..... 500 died, hahahahahaha

Last edited:
Top Bottom