Mouse and keyboard support for PS4?

+
Just as title says. Will Cyberpunk 2077 support mouse and keyboard controls on ps4? Asking for people like me, who want to enjoy fast-pased combat at its finest but doesn't have a good pc and suck at shooting with gamepad xD
It is really a big concern for me personally, beacause i know for a fact that i wont be able to upgrade my gtx650ti pc any time soon, so my ps4 is the only platform i can enjoy this game, and i simply cannot play any first person game on console. So i played many games such as DOOM 2016 in 900p lowest settings on my pc ;)
P.S.: I will still definetly buy and play cyberpunk, im just asking, not whining or anything) And sorry if my english is bad.

Same here... I have an old laptop + PS4 and I would love to get mouse and keyboard support for PS4. FPS experience is sooo much better with mouse aiming. Gamepad will never give the same level of accuracy and shooting joy...

CDPR - we beg you for mouse+keyboard support on PS4!

You could use an XIM adapter, which replicates the feel of KB+M on console. Some people might consider it cheating, especially if you play multiplayer games with it.

This would be awesome to know. I picked up the PS4 CE. but atm im gonna sell the disk to my friend and buy a PC copy.

don't think this is up to CDPR, sony has to have the PS OS support it, which right now i am not sure they do.

don't think this is up to CDPR, sony has to have the PS OS support it, which right now i am not sure they do.
sry you're wrong. It's entirely up to CDPR. Developer has to decide whether or not they want to do it.
PS4 does have support for it. There are games that have mouse and keyboard support, but the list is small.

Guest 4318427

screens.jpg

personally i prefer controller controls to mouse and keyboard ones I have more percice aime with controler over mouce even in fast paced games

If it doesn't support KB&M on PS4, you could try GeForce NOW.

It's a game streaming service from Nvidia. You would have to buy the game on Steam, connect Steam to Nvidia account and get GFN. It would stream the game into your computer. I can't compare with Stadia but I would say it's very solid service. The delay and visual quality wasn't so bad.

You can try it for free.

Last edited:
I would also love to see Keyboard and mouse support on Xbox. Xbox already made official support but less developer are using it. For a FPS its really helpful. I didn't grow up with console controls so I feel better with Mouse and Keyboard.

+1 for Keyboard and Mouse :D

Intead of keyboard and mouse support, I think they should implement optional gyroscopic aiming on PlayStations to add onto stick aiming. IMO it's underutilised in games on PS4 and it offers precision and speed as good as aiming with a mouse without requiring any additional peripherals.

They can add it post release.

Yep, they could.
Now, up to the console's manufacturer to tell them if it's possible hardware wise...
Back then, on Ps2/Dreamcast, you had keyboard + mouse for websurfing and FPS, but I don't think it's a trend that sticked to the console market (if so, it's pretty uncommon).

Also, Keyboard are mapped a certain way, they need to make sure the consoles are able to read them, so it's more about manufacturer's choice than CDPR which only deals with software.

Now, up to the console's manufacturer to tell them if it's possible hardware wise...
Hardware is not a problem. PS4 has USB and that's all it needs (extra the usual stuff) to support keyboard and mouse. You probably mean operating-system-wise. I read Final Fantasy XIV on PS4 supports playing with keyboard and mouse so that shouldn't be a problem too.
Post automatically merged:

You people seem to like aiming with a mouse and I suppose it's because it's faster and more precise than aiming with just a stick. What do you think about aiming with a gyroscope? I think it's as good as aiming with a mouse and more comfortable, as I described here earlier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom