Mouse controlled STEERING.

+
Okay now that you guys have announced a release date for this game as April 16 2020 next year, you guys have been given enough of warning, an opportunity, a heads up to Implement Mouse control steering for DISABLED video game players. I have tried asking and telling you guy's a half dozen times by now and I'm really hoping you're getting the message that steering is no good with just a controller or keyboard. IF you're able to steer the horse in The Witcher 3 with a mouse why can you not do that with a car!? So please come on guys don't mess this up, it is really easy to implement you just got to think about your disabled community and get it done.

I'm with you, and I'm not even disabled! Mouse steering is just generally better in my opinion, whether you have motor impairements or not.

As an option, to be clear. I would never say it must be the default for everybody.

I do love having all kinds of options. It would be nice, and I would even like to try it out in case it feels better than the default controls. I love customization! :D
Edit: I do trust that CDPR will make the default controls very good! I don't say anything bad! Love you CDPR!

Hey there guys, I've posted roughly three or four times now the importance of mouse-controlled steering for the vehicles in cyberpunk 2077. Now that it's nearing the release date, approximately five months away (hopefully with no more delays but no guarantees with CD Projekt Red now that they've had three setbacks) I was wondering and hoping that there would be an answer as I do not want to spend $100 on this game and find out that I cannot control the game vehicles with my mouse and forced to use the keyboard. And before somebody tells me just use a controller when you're quadriplegic with no proper hand functions, it's impossible to use a controller. I am not about to spend upwards of $700 on a unique controller for people with disabilities when I can barely afford the game as it is. And yes, I am one of those people that think all games should be accessible. I have suffered missing out on many games because they've been either exclusive to console or people with disabilities were an afterthought. I surely hope this isn't the case with cyberpunk 2077. With that being said, could somebody please tell me if this game will have Mouse controlled steering for its vehicles like in the GTA series? Which to be honest is the only games I can play that have cars in them where you can steer your vehicles with a mouse. Considering the years 2020 and all the advancements in technology, I find that sad.

More options are good, it would be terrible if you couldn't play the game because of a disability. My question is how would you drive with a mouse and shoot?

If you steer with the mouse, then how are you supposed to shoot and steer at the same time?

I'd really appreciate steering cars with the mouse as driving with the keyboard only is nearly impossible for me and far from a fun experience. I've pre-ordered the game anyway but please consider making Cyberpunk 2077 as enjoyable for disabled players as it is for other players :)

I'm with you, and I'm not even disabled! Mouse steering is just generally better in my opinion, whether you have motor impairements or not.

As an option, to be clear. I would never say it must be the default for everybody.

The issue I have with mouse steering, is that you cannot both shoot and drive at the same time.

The issue I have with mouse steering, is that you cannot both shoot and drive at the same time.
You wouldn't have been able to do that, anyway. I do believe you can only shoot from the passenger seat.

Though it would be really great to know how to enable mouse steering because keyboard steering is absolutely awful. I've asked several times in several topics and got no responses.

I agree, they really need to implement mouse steering. Just tried it out myself and had a very hard time as a fellow disabled. I couldn't find equip/open door or inventory in the keybindings section either, could only find "exit vehicle"... This should seriously be looked at. I myself need to change these to q and e as i'm not capable of moving my arm without getting a full on workout trying to move it from w to f and back.

Maybe right click switches from steering to aim, and they can steer with the mouse wheel during that action transition?
Are you freaking telling me they did not incorporate Mouse steering into this game!? I have no idea yet as I am stuck in hospital, unable to play. If they haven't Incorporated Mouse steering into this game after me asking four or five times for them to do so, then I am going to be demanding a refund and letting all game Outlet know that cyberpunk and CD Projekt Red are not disability accepting and that their game should be boycotted by all who are disabled. In Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA V, and Witcher 3, you could steer the vehicles and the horse with the mouse, so WTF can you not steer the cars in cyberpunk 2077 with it as well!?!? This is complete and utter BS!! This needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. I'm extremely annoyed right now I have a 4 button Mouse trackball on top and if I can't play the game because they're too lazy to put a simple line of code then the developers are useless.
Post automatically merged:

The issue I have with mouse steering is that you cannot both shoot and drive at the same time.
If you have a four-button Mouse, yes, you can. I do it with GTA V all the time. Trust me, I'm damn good at it and then probably guaranteed one of the best drivers in that game with my Kensington trackball four button wireless mouse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom