Mouse Controls for Driving

+
So I don't know where to actually post this message so hopefully this will get the answers I am seeking. Does anybody know how to contact the developing team of cyberpunk 2077? I am asking this because I am a disabled gamer who is very adamant in needing Mouse controlled steering support for driving Vehicles, it is a huge necessity when I am gaming as I am sure it is with a lot of other disabled gamers. I use a trackball Kensington wireless mouse 4 button and it is a great piece equipment and I can play GTA V better than half the other people on there when it comes to driving due to precise programing in the mouse. but it is practically impossible for me to drive with the keyboard and because of my limited dexterity in my hands I cannot use a controller at all. I really hope that CD projekt red sees this post and either contact me or messages me back.

Moved your post to a separate thread. Also, passed along your suggestion to the devs.

I second his request. Driving using keys are a pain. I'd like to use mouse when driving, and the accelerator/brakes are on the mouse as well. Makes it a lot more intuitive driving. It's part of why I ditched a game like Take Two's LA Noir, the driving....

Unless the in-game driving mechanics are superb, driving in a crowded city is likely to result in constantly running people over by accident, which is a tad unrealistic & immersion breaking even in harsh Night City :LOL: I wonder how this will be handled? It is a non-trivial problem

Moved your post to a separate thread. Also, passed along your suggestion to the devs.

Has there been any word on this lately regarding Mouse control steering? I really really need for it to happen or else there will be no point in me playing the game or other people that have my disability to play the game. I really think developers need to start realizing there's Gamers out there with disabilities that would like to be thought of when games are being developed. I have been a gamer for 32 years I've been a disabled PC Gamer for 22 and in that time I rarely see developers thinking about people with disabilities as part of the gaming Market. Rockstar has been the only (besides one other) company sadly I believe that has allowed me to play GTA San Andreas and GTA V using a mouse to steer the vehicle which I find is more of a natural movement because I have a Kensington Wireless trackball 4 button Mouse. It's technically a professional mouse that used to be used to design and draw with making video games back in the day because of its precision. I am really urging pleading and begging with CDPR to make this a possibility in their game. I am really tired of not being able to drive in video games due to my disability. And to be honest that is one of the reasons I play video games is to escape my disability, because the world is a harsh enough place normally as a disabled person it is way worse than you can possibly imagine. When I'm playing video games it makes me forget how awful the world can really be. To me it's the new medium. When I was a kid I used to love reading books, but now unfortunately I don't have the concentration to read an entire book but I can play a video game and get lost in it's wonderful world. I apologize if I rant on but I just wanted to make it clear how important is to be included in the gaming world as a person with disabilities.

sv3672

Forum veteran
Unless the in-game driving mechanics are superb, driving in a crowded city is likely to result in constantly running people over by accident, which is a tad unrealistic & immersion breaking even in harsh Night City :LOL: I wonder how this will be handled? It is a non-trivial problem

In the 48 minutes gameplay demo, this did not seem to be an issue, pedestrians avoided the roads the player was driving on.

I'm on board for this, and I'm not even disabled. The more control options we have, the better.

Mouse control for driving would also likely allow for smoother turns and possibly acceleration.

There hasn't been any word about CP2077... at all. Unfortunately, I do not have any new info to give.
On the up side, they did acknowledge it, which isn't a guarantee or anything, but I know none of the software companies I've worked for would acknowledge a feature request unless it was something they were planning on at least investigating. This is anecdotal with a pretty small sample size, none of them being in game development so take this with at least a few grains of salt.

I'm on board for this, and I'm not even disabled. The more control options we have, the better.

Mouse control for driving would also likely allow for smoother turns and possibly acceleration.

Oh believe me man it does, when I'm on GTAO I am a PRO at driving most people are using their joysticks while I'm kicking their arse with my mouse.
Post automatically merged:

There hasn't been any word about CP2077... at all. Unfortunately, I do not have any new info to give.

Is there some way I could contact them regarding the idea or some sort of update? Or should I just STFU and hope and "pray" that they will actually do it? Because in ALL honesty I ALMOST wasn't able to play TW3 because Roach wasn't able to turn using the mouse at first.

Last edited:
Oh believe me man it does, when I'm on GTAO I am a PRO at driving most people are using their joysticks while I'm kicking their arse with my mouse.
Post automatically merged:

Is there some way I could contact them regarding the idea or some sort of update? Or should I just STFU and hope and "pray" that they will actually do it? Because in ALL honesty I ALMOST wasn't able to play TW3 because Roach wasn't able to turn using the mouse at first.

You could try messaging them on Facebook. They seem to respond to people and actually occasionally give some useful information there from time to time.

You might get a non-answer, but you never know till you try.

If Armed kicked it upstairs, it's on the list. They aren't saying anything about 2077 right now.

I absolutely suck at driving in games, but I agree driving with the mouse would (hopefully) be smoother then using the usual keys on a keyboard. Since a keyboard is on / off, driving just looks jerky. And I hope we will be driving on the 'correct' side of the road and not like in 'Sleeping Dogs' where I got into more trouble running over people and car crashes until I figured out that I was driving on the wrong side of the road, or they were driving on the right side...no, oh, they were driving on the correct side and I wasn't. What ever. So far, the best driving in game that I have had was in 'SR3', have no idea why, but that game had good driving mechanics with a keyboard.

I absolutely suck at driving in games, but I agree driving with the mouse would (hopefully) be smoother then using the usual keys on a keyboard. Since a keyboard is on / off, driving just looks jerky. And I hope we will be driving on the 'correct' side of the road and not like in 'Sleeping Dogs' where I got into more trouble running over people and car crashes until I figured out that I was driving on the wrong side of the road, or they were driving on the right side...no, oh, they were driving on the correct side and I wasn't. What ever. So far, the best driving in game that I have had was in 'SR3', have no idea why, but that game had good driving mechanics with a keyboard.
Yeah, this is precisely what I was getting at.

CDPR, so far, has NOT handled analog control well in their games. Even hooking up a controller for the Witcher 3 on PC is still binary "jog or walk" movement, no in between. Frustrating.

Hopefully it's better for 2077. Mouse control is one way to handle it, but better controller support would be ideal.

Guest 4211861

I think it's a good idea and support it fully. But I think we'll only find out about implementation on release, or if someone makes a mod.

Top Bottom